Table Pack #46 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Fireball and El Dorado? Case closed, unless they actually fool us into thinking it's El Dorado.

Fireball was obvious, because Theatre of Magic multiball sequence (and they relate).

In the case of cowboys, it's anything goes. A bunch of EM games have cowboy themes.

Did they ever deliberately fool us to make us believe we get a certain table?
I'm not a hundred percent sure that it's Eldorado EM but meanwhile I think Farsight is capable of everything (businesswise).
.. even to resell an old table with new textures in a two pack. :)

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I can see FS releasing the EM version of El Dorado possible just because it'll be in a two pack. It wouldn't sell well enough on its own. And considering FS has the fear of any EMs not selling well (including Fireball), this is their way of sweetening the deal.

Plus, this would also fit into their narrative of "giving away a previous PHOF table for free", like they used to.
This version of El Dorado was not on a previous PHOF game. It was the City of Gold version, so I would consider this two new tables.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
EM El Dorado would be good. City of Gold is kinda unplayable with the "music". But missed opportunity to do Target Alpha as the El Dorado EM layout. Still bonus table so all good.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What about Maverick?

-Pick El Dorado City of Gold.
-Change textures.
-Sell it again.

Simple as that.

El Dorado EM was in the leak, right? So far the leak didn't lie to us. Also AG Soccer is more or less confirmed for Feb/March.

Well the next 2 months are a right off then.....unless fireball is as good as everyone thinks it is?

I guess this is the route FS is going to have to take if there going to do EM tables, as 1 EM table wouldn't cut it for the masses

Last edited:

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
If it is an Electro Mechanical two pack, I would hope as an added bonus, FarSight would include a "spark effect" when the ball hits the slingshots and bumpers, along with improved mechanical sound effects similar to the EM's in Microsoft's Pinball Arcade for PC (Spirit of '76, Slick Chick, Knockout, Humpty Dumpty). C'mon FarSight, you can do it! The Force Is With You! ;)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
is there an end of ball bonus on the original EM? If not, the scoring would be much more balanced than the City of Gold version. The main problem with the gameplay of EDCOG is the fact that nothing is really worth much apart from the bonus.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This version of El Dorado was not on a previous PHOF game. It was the City of Gold version, so I would consider this two new tables.

No. The City of Gold is the version we currently have. But now that you mention it, that doesn't fit the "we gave the old version away for free" story with Table Pack 20.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
is there an end of ball bonus on the original EM? If not, the scoring would be much more balanced than the City of Gold version. The main problem with the gameplay of EDCOG is the fact that nothing is really worth much apart from the bonus.

Been trying to figure that out myself and looking at the play field and instruction card on ipdb.com it looks like there is no end of ball bonus.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I found this dude on graphicsfactory.com. So he is not on any playfield, cabinet or backglass. just saying...
1312356-tn_cowboys_4162007-133.jpg

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I hope it's an EM, which is Fireball and a Solid State with a Western theme. If they could do an EM and a late 80's to Game Of Thrones, I would be super happy, I hate EM's so if it is like the old days I would be very happy.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Nice change from all the DMD tables we have been getting for the last few months

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
2 pack of Fireball and El Dorado, what a surprise. I always laugh to myself when people bring up the 2pack idea. But it makes a lot of sense to keep everyone happy. So what does this mean for Paragon? Season 7?

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
Paragon is still hopeful. S7 is still a mess. Farsight will double down on EM pack. Shadow might happen, IJ won't happen.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Half the bells will be missing or will cut out in the PS4 version when it comes out in 2017. :p

This is acutally quite nice to do two tables in one pack. I would be looking forward to El Dorado had I not played the PHoF and TPA versions of City of Gold. Those soured me forever on that table.

Hopefully A.G. Soccer has another table accompaning it as well. Seriously, I'm not looking forward to that one. Unless FarSight decides to include a traditional SS along with it. Sorcerer immediately comes to mind. Well, at least mine.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
I'm really thinking Fireball and Eight Ball Deluxe. Both are highly requested tables that would sell well as a two pack, but maybe not so well on their own. One EM, one no ramp SS. Eight Ball Deluxe is a major cowboy theme.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm really thinking Fireball and Eight Ball Deluxe. Both are highly requested tables that would sell well as a two pack, but maybe not so well on their own. One EM, one no ramp SS. Eight Ball Deluxe is a major cowboy theme.
That would be the best case scenerio in my opinion. Hope you are correct.
But 8BD is not an EM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts