Table Pack #53 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Explanation:

The thing the hands are holding is a toy known as a Magic 8 Ball. It's a tacky fortune-teller popular with certain demographics. (My daughter has one.)

"Best one they had. Top of the line!" = "Deluxe".

Hence, 8 Ball Deluxe.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You all can thank me for dragging Norman away from the FarSight booth at Arcade Expo 2.0 in January and marching him straight over to Eight Ball Deluxe. He had never played it before, didn't understand the appeal. After playing 2 games he looked at me and said he got it now. In case you don't know who Norman is, he's a producer on the game as well as the sound engineer, and also tracks down and purchases all the physical machines FarSight buys. Once he gets excited about a table, he pushes hard for it.

SEASON 6: THE SEASON OF SPORTS
[x] Indy 500
[x] Big Hurt
[x] EBD
[ ] AG Soccer
[ ] Rollergames
[ ] NBA Fastbreak
[ ] Banzai Run
[ ] Radical
[ ] World Cup Soccer
[ ] '300'
[ ] Vector
[ ] Monday Night Football
[ ] Blackwater 100
[ ] Evel Knievel

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
You all can thank me for dragging Norman away from the FarSight booth at Arcade Expo 2.0 in January and marching him straight over to Eight Ball Deluxe. He had never played it before, didn't understand the appeal. After playing 2 games he looked at me and said he got it now. In case you don't know who Norman is, he's a producer on the game as well as the sound engineer, and also tracks down and purchases all the physical machines FarSight buys. Once he gets excited about a table, he pushes hard for it.

I sure do appreciate it !

I have talked to Norman a few times in emails, seems like a really nice guy.

So glad to finally play EBD again....being a Beta Tester is about to really pay off :)

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
Eight Ball Deluxe give me feel it like the prototype of Cue Ball Wizard :D
8bdlx_pf.jpg

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
弹珠台;245037 said:
Eight Ball Deluxe give me feel it like the prototype of Cue Ball Wizard :D

QBW took a lot of theme ideas from EBD, but they play nothing like each other. This is a shooters table, and a fantastic tournament table (at least in real life).

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
QBW took a lot of theme ideas from EBD, but they play nothing like each other. This is a shooters table, and a fantastic tournament table (at least in real life).

Yeah, Cue Ball Wizard has that stinking cue ball that just gets in the way more than anything (it's like having a bumper dead center in the table), and borders on being a one-shot game with that ramp being so darn important. The cue ball was a neat experiment as an analog moving target, but it just didn't work for me.

The best thing about QBW was its excellent rendition of the finale of the William Tell Overture during multiball...then again, Gottlieb games almost always had excellent music and sound design, the obvious example being TX-Sector's fantastic music. A shame their actual tables after 1985 or so didn't measure up.

But I will say...QBW has one of my favorite callouts ever. I still quote it today: "IIIII hate these outlanes..."

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
... Always Remember to Bet on Black

Eight Ball Deluxe or Sharkey's Shootout, it really could go either way.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good grief, dude. It's a famous table, it would've happened sooner or later. I wouldn't be surprised if your pushing actually delayed it. ;)

But I'm important, dammit!!

In all seriousness, we should all be very glad each time FarSight goes to one of these pinball events. Talk to Mike and Norman, express your enthusiasm. Invite them to play a table with you. Find out what tables on the floor excite them, and then play it for yourself.

Then come to the forum and spill the beans!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Should have had EBD by the end of season 2. Glad to see this inexplicable omission has been rectified.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
... Always Remember to Bet on Black

Eight Ball Deluxe or Sharkey's Shootout, it really could go either way.

Please explain how that clue can be pointing to Sharkey's Shootout. I just don't get it. I'm pretty sure that the top of the line quote is referencing the word Deluxe.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Finally the wait is over.....I am so happy I think I may cry! :)

THAT'S RIGHT...I AM MAN ENOUGH TO OWN IT!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
It's obviously Eight Ball Deluxe, close the thread. could that hint be any easier? ;)

People who like Big Shot will feel right at home here, as the game, when properly done, has the same evil factor. This game will eat people who can't nudge ALIVE. And tilt ends ball with no warning.

If i 1-2 the goals for this table i will be very sad.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I imagine it'd likely be EBD but I'd laugh if the 'Ask Again Later' in the magic 8 ball was a sneak reference that it won't be EBD and if you'll have to keep asking for it.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Please explain how that clue can be pointing to Sharkey's Shootout. I just don't get it. I'm pretty sure that the top of the line quote is referencing the word Deluxe.

Well, that clue was supposed to illustrate not only Black Rose, but Black Knight as the table of the month. Still, they should have included a Rose in that clue if they wanted to make it clear (but I am glad they didn't. It is nice to be fooled every once in a while)

But every other clue has been pretty clear. This one pretty spells out the word Deluxe. I would be shocked it this was Sharkey's. Would probably eat my shoe. (Mmm... Leather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.