Table Pack #60 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It's Cactus Jack's. The table is about a polka playing cactus band. It's a fun game if a bit simple.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yawn.

its not horrible, but it is simple, and likely to be VERY exploitable (trap and shoot rmp over and over)

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Oh my gosh, I just realized.

When you fail the video mode in Cue Ball Wizard, and that cactus shows up and says "Surprise, tenderfoot"?

This has to be the game that was referencing. Just looked it up--Cactus Jack's was released before QBW, so it has to be!

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
vEXgsjR.gif

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Damn - that sucks. And I'm hoping it influences my decision to pre order the next season through season pass.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Gottlieb hating snobs. Haha. I welcome Cactus Jacks!

Bring on Monte Carlo in Season 7!

I would've preferred Surf N' Safari. Cactus Jack's is a decent table though.

But that is the problem-the tables in season 6 have only been decent (EBD is the good exception and BB the bad one). The DW kickstarter was okay but a letdown. Farsight has apparently lost the WMS license and stopped sending out newsletters. SPA releases without any ability to buy the main selling points (their three newer tables) and numerous interface bugs. Consoles are stuck on seasons 4 and 5.

None of this should stoke anyone about season 7

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
Yeah, I think this pretty much has decided it. Since this seems to be the direction that TPA seems to be going, and with no signs of Bally/WMS being renegotiated, my Season 7 pass money will instead be going to Zen. They may not have real tables, but at least theirs are functional and enjoyable.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Eh, a bit of a disappointing season, wasn't it? Aside from the Bally tables, there was nothing truly amazing this time. Stern PA's release totally eclipsed it.

I hope we'll get a good season ender this time, at least.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If we were going to stick in the Gottlieb realm, I'd have preferred Genesis, Devils Dare, Pistol Poker, or Mystery Castle. I assume the Stargate license makes that an impossibility. But Cactus Jacks's is a pretty good pin with a dizzying light show, even if the theme is weird.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
That settles it - I will wait a few months before I buy season 7 (if I buy it at all).
Gottlieb pinballs almost always have interesting and unusual features, which makes them interesting from a pinball history point of view but they are very often not nearly as much fun to play as the many great Williams and Bally tables that are still out there. So far, this season has been quite disappointing and without knowing whether Williams and/or Bally tables make it into season 7 I am not prepared to spend my money upfront :-(

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
If we were going to stick in the Gottlieb realm, I'd have preferred Genesis, Devils Dare, Pistol Poker, or Mystery Castle. I assume the Stargate license makes that an impossibility. But Cactus Jacks's is a pretty good pin with a dizzying light show, even if the theme is weird.

Pistol Poker and Mystery Castle are Alvin G games, not Gottliebs/Premiers.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
surf n safari is a much better table, and despite having the gottleib flippers, you CAN'T trap the ball after a ramp. at least in real life.

do wish they would say what's up with the bally/williams, though.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Am I the only one who just hates the Gottlieb flipper angles?! They just feel wrong... way to stop-and-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online