Table Pack #61 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
zSt3Bp5.gif

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Finally! I'm so relieved! A good season finisher, after all this time.

At this point, anything is fine by me.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I got a Rollergames vibe from the twitch stream today.
They said the final table would be a Bally/Williams. Not long after that they were reading table requests. They read Rollergames and said that's a Bally/Williams. Or maybe I'm a wacko reading way too much into it.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I got a Rollergames vibe from the twitch stream today.
They said the final table would be a Bally/Williams. Not long after that they were reading table requests. They read Rollergames and said that's a Bally/Williams. Or maybe I'm a wacko reading way too much into it.

Oh god, fingers crossed.

Rollergames is one of the most-requested tables, for sure. I'm not supremely confident that it will be as exciting in digital form, though. It's a pretty simple game. But I'm just happy it will be a Bally/Williams because I like the odds that the table will be a highly requested, solid one like 8BD and Indy 500.

Games I'm desperately wanting in TPA:

Rollergames
Swords of Fury
Johnny Mnemonic *sniff*
NBA Fastbreak *weeps*
World Cup 94 *inconsolable sobbing*

Games I would love to see in TPA:

Banzai Run
Fire!
Fathom
Flash Gordon
Sorcerer
Big Guns
Grand Lizard
Corvette
Congo
Radical
Blackout
Blackwater 100
Mousin Around
Embryon

So going through the list of Bally/Williams games I noticed that TPA has almost all of the must-have 90s games but is desperately lacking in 80s stuff. I also realized there's A LOT of 80s pins I've still yet to come across IRL.

I wish TPA would just whole-hog and give us another season of mostly Bally/Williams tables to finish off the missing unlicensed classics.

I suppose Data East is off the table because of SPA? I would actually be totally fine with SPA just putting out DE and Sega tables every month between the big new Stern releases. I have no love for Gottlieb Premiere.

What is the story on the old Stern Electronics tables? They don't fall under the SPA banner? I'd love to see some of those, too.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think Magic Castle will surface sometime in season 7-as apparently the search for a serviceable machine continues. I'm thinking (and really hoping) SnS surfaces then as well.
I've heard good things about the former and experienced lots of fun with the latter.

For #61 I want either a Capcom or some WMS table (preferably Williams, as we have enough Bally this season). Later this month, it will have been a full year since the last Williams table. FarSight has been all crickets when it comes to talking about these two companies.

Sales must be dropping dramatically, or else FarSight might be in a better position to negotiate a deal with WMS. I wonder how SPA is selling-must be difficult with all of the negative reviews-mine included because releasing an app without any ability to purchase tables (which was on Steam for a week then) is not good marketing.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I think Magic Castle will surface sometime in season 7-as apparently the search for a serviceable machine continues. I'm thinking (and really hoping) SnS surfaces then as well.
I've heard good things about the former and experienced lots of fun with the latter.

For #61 I want either a Capcom or some WMS table (preferably Williams, as we have enough Bally this season). Later this month, it will have been a full year since the last Williams table. FarSight has been all crickets when it comes to talking about these two companies.

Sales must be dropping dramatically, or else FarSight might be in a better position to negotiate a deal with WMS. I wonder how SPA is selling-must be difficult with all of the negative reviews-mine included because releasing an app without any ability to purchase tables (which was on Steam for a week then) is not good marketing.

SPA had a terrible, rushed launch on every single platform. It came in super hot - busted, even. I think they might have been better off delaying the releases and staggering them farther apart. I appreciate being able to play the tables sooner rather than later, but launch impressions haunt your software forever. Shaking the stigma is going to be pretty difficult, especially considering that there are a lot of unhappy console players waiting for backlogged TPA tables.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Just a regular SS alpha-numeric table would be a bit disappointing for a season ender so... I'm hoping for a Bally Williams with a DMD this time.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just a regular SS alpha-numeric table would be a bit disappointing for a season ender so... I'm hoping for a Bally Williams with a DMD this time.

There are no unlicensed WMS DMDs out there (unless you count Pinball Circus, and that was never finished, or a couple of redemption/bat games).

Despite my love for and desperate longing for The Shadow or Corvette, more realistically we're looking at Rollergames or maybe Banzai Run. I'd prefer the former.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Just thinking of some of the previous requests on Facebook for William's tables I can't help but think it will be Comet or Fire!. My personal hope would be Banzai Run(have they figured out how to emulate the upper play area??), Swords of Fury, Grand Lizard or Space Station.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
There are no unlicensed WMS DMDs out there (unless you count Pinball Circus, and that was never finished, or a couple of redemption/bat games).

Despite my love for and desperate longing for The Shadow or Corvette, more realistically we're looking at Rollergames or maybe Banzai Run. I'd prefer the former.

Question: Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why is Corvette off the table? It doesn't seem like too hard of a license. Another Williams/Bally DMD table that sounds sounds doable to me (but might not happen because of its reputation) is Popeye Saves the Earth.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Question: Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why is Corvette off the table? It doesn't seem like too hard of a license. Another Williams/Bally DMD table that sounds sounds doable to me (but might not happen because of its reputation) is Popeye Saves the Earth.
I was just trying to be optmistic with that whole comment about DMD's, but much like Indy 500, Corvette sounds like a totally doable license. And Rollergames too, who knows?

But yeah, it's best to expect something like Banzai Run or Swords of Fury. Both of which are great tables.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I don't like Popeye pinball, but it's not bad enough to get Bone Busters off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.