Table Selection Menu

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I haven't played any of the previous collections but looking at videos on YouTube I was impressed with the ' walk around an arcade ' table selection.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I haven't played any of the previous collections but looking at videos on YouTube I was impressed with the ' walk around an arcade ' table selection.

I have the PS3 version of Pinball Hall of Fame which has the "virtual arcade" and it's fun for about 10 seconds. After that, it's just annoying trying to find a specific table and forgetting whether it's in the "back room" or "upstairs". Just give me an alphabetical scrolling list. PLEASE. Once we get to 30 tables the whole swipe swipe swipe thing will just be tiresome.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
and please don't require as many clicks to start a game like now.

launch -> play as guest -> start -> start

must be able to be re-organized better.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
and please don't require as many clicks to start a game like now.

launch -> play as guest -> start -> start

must be able to be re-organized better.

My favorite is when I start TPA on the iPad, Login will no longer respond for some reason, I have to go to the home screen and double-tap the button to close TPA's application, restart the game, hit Login again, enter my FarSight email and password, answer "Yes" to the Facebook question, switch out of the application to approve Facebook access, switch back to the game application, then click Okay after it tells me that the Login is complete ... unless of course any one of these processes causes a hang-up and I have to start over.

All that, yet somehow iPad is still my favorite platform out of the five (soon to be six) I use for TPA. I must be a closet masochist...

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
All that, yet somehow iPad is still my favorite platform out of the five (soon to be six) I use for TPA. I must be a closet masochist...

I think it's just easier than turning on the TV, changing the input on the TV, retrieving the controller, turning on the console, wait for the boot up sequence, launch TPA, move to your favorite gaming seat. And if inclined, turning on the surround sound.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
My favorite is when I start TPA on the iPad, Login will no longer respond for some reason, I have to go to the home screen and double-tap the button to close TPA's application, restart the game, hit Login again, enter my FarSight email and password, answer "Yes" to the Facebook question, switch out of the application to approve Facebook access, switch back to the game application, then click Okay after it tells me that the Login is complete ... unless of course any one of these processes causes a hang-up and I have to start over.

It's strange that some have problems with logging in, mine has always worked fine as far as I can remember on my iPad 3. My biggest headache is being a beta tester means signing in on a different gamecenter test account.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012

Weird. This used to happen on my iPhone, but it went away after the last update. My iPad never suffered from this problem, luckily.

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
There was another thread on the TPA UI where I described some of my ideas, finally got around to making a mockup out of those in Keynote.
Yeah, that's nice. And I'm guessing you probably spent a bit more time on your mock-up than I did. Generally similar thinking, though: a more basic list that can be sorted, with a search. I really hope the devs are paying attention, because the existing front-end is without doubt the worst part of Pinball Arcade, and it gets worse with every added table.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I'd like accessibility for non-aficiondoes to be clearer. I love this game and am a fan of pinball, but I don't have The Big Book Of Pinball Facts in my head, hence a hope for an alphabetically ordered list. (I know when I want to play Black Hole. I don't want to have to remember where it's located in the swipey list.)

Agreed. Also, hi Craig!

For those who don't know, Craig is a rather great writer. Apart from Tap! Magazine, I highly recommend (and never miss a post on) his blog: Revert to Saved

night

May 18, 2012
New menu design?

The more tables TPA releases the more scrolling is needed to find the table you want to play. Another thing is, I don't buy every table, I buy the ones I like, but I personally don't need 2 Elvira tables if you get my point. Some of you buy every table, but we are not all like that! So, an option to exclude tables that we are not interested in will get rid of (a lot of) clutter. Just an option where we can check and uncheck tables would help a lot. Making our own personal game rooms.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Agree that this needs to be done long term, but given number of bugs currently. I'd rather see FS spend their limited resources on bug fixing rather than nice to have features.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
I kinda recall Farsight said that a new menu system would show itself in the November release. I'm more than willing to be wrong on this brain remembery stuff though!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Yes, the menu definitely needs to be updated. When it's a few games, swiping between them is not a big deal. With the number of games out now and more on the way, the swiping is getting really old. I have reverted to counting the swipes and seeing if it's more efficient to swipe left or right to reach my desired table (CV is my current "always play") from the default positioned Arabian Nights in the least number of swipes. Having a simple single screen with all tables accessible via icon would be more than sufficient...directly to the table is the best way, never mind the swiping.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts