Taxi and Harley Davidson release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So there going to be releasing 2 DLC pack in one month????.....good greif! The DLC's have bugs in them, sometime game breaking bugs that are so obvious i dont know how they get past the "testers", and that just with contending with 2 tables what sort of state are they going to be in when they have 4 lots of tables to code and test in less than a month now.

I think FS should just admit they have bitten off more than they can chew and take there foot off the pedal, either dont realease anymore tables until ALL the bugs and problems are sorted out, or just move to releasing 1 table every month!?. I mean there have been bugs that have been in there from the start and FS still do not fix them even know it is well documented (Blackhole drop targets for instance). I myself would be more than happy with just 1 table if i knew that it was going to be 100% functional and a polished product with no bugs.

I really like TPA dont get me wrong im just amazed at how many times they have managed to bugger up in the space of 6 months.......maybe its just bad luck!?

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
And if they did not release tables at this speed, they would be both reducing their own revenue and incurring the wrath of the whining hordes who complain constantly that this or that table isn't out yet. While it will never happen for obvious reasons, if FarSight suddenly posted on their Facebook page "We understand your concerns, now back the @#$%! off so we can address them", I for one would applaud.

FarSight did have a "bug fix week" a little while ago. While there was not enough time to address every issue, my understanding is that many of the tables got some QA love during that process.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
It sucks that we have to wait, and it sucks that there still a fair few bugs (I still don't know how the hell a ball passes through a solid wall into a plunger lane, or flies off the table), but in general these tables cost peanuts, look better than FP & VP (I'm not knocking them, a lot of work goes into them for free) & are portable.

I love playing TPA on my iPad at the pub, something I can't do without a laptop and a power cable. I can even play them at work on my phone on a quiet night.

Still this waiting sucks!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
September for DLC 6? Have the beta testers gotten their hands on this yet? Sounds a bit ambitious to me.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Not yet. There's plenty of time yet though this month if the next tables are nearly ready. I'm hoping that they stick to their plan and announce the 2nd table this weekend then send the beta out shortly after. I can't wait.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
They should have sugar coated this announcement by announcing the 2nd table for dlc pack 6.

I was about to say the same thing. When I started to read the bad news in their facebook announcement yesterday I was expecting to see the name of the 2nd table for dlc pack 6 at the end of the paragraph.

karl

May 10, 2012
I second that DopedToInfinity. At least people are still passionate about the game :) Whenever someone starts their comment with "you promised me a game every month" bulls..t I tend to skip the rest of their post. Sorry but delays will happen in the future also, it's just no way round that and yes I can get upset by delays too. 4 new tables this month will more than remedy my hunger for pinball (I hope. Now were did I put those pills?)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I second that DopedToInfinity. At least people are still passionate about the game :) Whenever someone starts their comment with "you promised me a game every month" bulls..t I tend to skip the rest of their post. Sorry but delays will happen in the future also, it's just no way round that and yes I can get upset by delays too. 4 new tables this month will more than remedy my hunger for pinball (I hope. Now were did I put those pills?)

To be honest I used to be quite critical of Farsight, and I still am in a way, but my intervention came when I was thinking about buying 10 cigarettes for a night out with my friend (I usually use rolling tobacco, it's cheaper & with less chemicals) I realised that 10 cigarettes in England costs over £4!!! I pay £3 for 2 tables on ios. I really think that puts it in perspective (for smokers at least). For non-smokers, think about the price of a pint :)

karl

May 10, 2012
Hmm, I like both cigarettes, pints and Pinball games so hard to choose :D but I get your point. Btw nothing wrong with being critical and point out flaws. It's the brain dead coma induced critics that get on my nerves

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
****ed this post up and delteing seems to not work but for the smelly ox -

So ghey im in no shape for ox wars or even my c64 gr....how dare you! Any hints on the next game pretty please

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
The good news is that they've fixed even more bugs in this resubmission.

Ah, they resubmitted it, that's the part I missed. I don't mind waiting a little longer, just the constant "is it there yet?" checking made me a bit restless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts