Taxi and Harley Davidson release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Aside from playing to born to be wild and having a bash at taxi my most important update will be blackhole...hopefully before the weekend fingers crossed

Black-hoooolleeeeee

(say it like cheeken in fifth element)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I think the reason people get so upset about the releases is that they love the games so much and want more. I know I do. I don't check for ANY updates like I do for new tables from Farsight. People need to give them some slack, they are doing an awesome job, even with the bugs. The fun I have had so far, far outweighs the problems with minor bugs etc. I am just glad there are others who enjoy the games enough for them to continue making them. Keep up the great work, I will continue buying every table on the first day of release. Looking forward to seeing what the next kickstarter is too. A year from now, just think of the tables we could have. Sweet.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
in the meanwhile why not play one of my games for FREEEEE! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gridrunner-free/id553470818?ls=1&mt=8

</pimping>
Jeff? Is that you?

*bows*
9nxvJ.png

The good news is that they've fixed even more bugs in this resubmission.
Is that confirmed? Any idea on the actual fixes?

Also, Taxi was confirmed as being emulated (not scripted) on all devices, wasn't it?

Edit (totally missed this):
I think the reason people get so upset about the releases is that they love the games so much and want more. I know I do. I don't check for ANY updates like I do for new tables from Farsight. People need to give them some slack, they are doing an awesome job, even with the bugs. The fun I have had so far, far outweighs the problems with minor bugs etc. I am just glad there are others who enjoy the games enough for them to continue making them. Keep up the great work, I will continue buying every table on the first day of release. Looking forward to seeing what the next kickstarter is too. A year from now, just think of the tables we could have. Sweet.
Spot on. I may get antsy and possibly more aggravated than is warranted, but it's because it's the one bit of software I regularly look forward to updates on... so when that doesn't happen, I go all Henny Penny. I hope FS realise that when I flip out next!
Also, knowing Elvira and TNG are lock-ins in the near future (her video gave the impression that they're already working on it) make the wait a little easier.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Is that confirmed? Any idea on the actual fixes?

Also, Taxi was confirmed as being emulated (not scripted) on all devices, wasn't it?

Yes, I can confirm it. The latest fixes were mostly minor stuff for Taxi, but also a fairly signifigant login bug was also fixed (that's present in the current version) where the leaderboards aren't acccessible at all if you aren't logged into GC first before logging into TPA.

But the update in general has quite a few bug and art fixes for the older tables too (Black Hole for instance: the gate no longer closes from the lower playfield, the whooshing sound is in, etc.).

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Great to hear! Makes the wait that little bit harder, though ;)

With any luck, Apple will prioritise it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Jeff minters a ripp off he doesnt even release every month! How dare he? *grins* i joke hes one of the most unquie developers out there...hopefully senility doesnt set in for a good 30 yrs yet....auto buy jeff you wont regret it! Do it :|

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Jeff :) - Wish I could say my first ever computer game (C64) was yours....
But in reality it was 'Hungry Horace' from Boots :/ LOL
2nd and 3rd were-AMC and Matrix :D
NZ now-But ex-Berks boy-I reckon you frequented the Welcome Caf/Aztec ;)

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Wow! We have true gaming royalty in our little community. How many hours did I log in Attack of the Mutant Camels. Thanks Jeff :cool:

Back on topic, just a week to go now and new tables and bug fixes. I'll start refreshing the check for updates button now :eek:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Jeff minters a ripp off he doesnt even release every month! How dare he? *grins* i joke hes one of the most unquie developers out there...hopefully senility doesnt set in for a good 30 yrs yet....auto buy jeff you wont regret it! Do it :|

I wouldn't say he's unique but I really enjoy his games, Space Giraffe was a brilliant twist on the tempest gameplay, & unfortunately overlooked by people who couldn't see past the psychedelic graphics & tempest inspiration.

He may not be unique, but is the only guy bringing us 80's style games based on high score chasing, blasting ****, and just having fun without any kind of levelling up & grinding.

As an 80's gamer this is what I think is missing from games now, pure simple mechanics that rely on reflexes.

I can't be arsed with big story's and campaigns, just let me shoot baddies!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Any confirmation of the next pack's release date? Hoping for 4 new tables in the shortest of possible spans. Obviously. :cool:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Android will ALWAYS be first. Because it's up the moment Farsight submits it (there's no review process, so all Farsight can do is hope there's no critical bug that bombs the ratings for that release).

And let's just say that Apple's got their hands full at the moment - September 12 is when the iPhone 5 is to be announced, and you can bet Apple's been soliciting updates to support the new features. In fact, it's possible that TPA is held up because it'll be one of those day-one iPhone 5 supported apps. (You don't have to wait until it's actually released - once it's announced, the app updates will be fast and furious).

Also, if it isn't, Apple's probably prioritizing updates for the iPhone 5 first, everything else can wait. It's why you can get apps day 1 that support the new features, unlike Android (which is still struggling with the fact that the most popular version is 2 years old - new version features are underutilized).

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
As much as I can't wait for Taxi & Harley, it seems to me the existing 12 tables are still lots of fun. I've been playing Black Hole and FunHouse this week.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I've been giving fairly equal playtime between all 12 tables. I'm ready for some freshness.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Only 3 days till the 15th. Still think we're getting new tables this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts