Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That may be the case for the first three but Funhouse is far from easy. Not to mention you can't ever see the ball under the "transparent" ramps so doing anything from a jackpot to a trapdoor bonus to a multi-loop combo is almost impossible to time.

I recently played a Funhouse where in order to hit Rudy or the trapdoor, I needed to crouch low to the table to see the ball coming around! I don't know if it was because the ramps had yellowed, or if it was drooping more, but I could not see that ball coming from my normal stance to save my life. Never did hit the trapdoor, and barely hit Rudy twice.

This last weekend I played a Monster Bash where me being used to the consistency of where the ball goes in TPA totally screwed me up IRL. Ball ejecting from Lyman's cellar never went the same place twice. Also, the outlanes were way more forgiving (strange), so it was like the exact opposite of what I was expecting.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
brakel and I seem to share the same brain more often than naught...GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
That may be the case for the first three but Funhouse is far from easy. Ball drains are not common on the main table but every time I hit the STEPS ramp, my ball goes down an outlane about 20% of the time.
I hate to continue to sidetrack this thread but just had to respond. 20% of the time? Really? I've done thousands of STEPS shots on TPA (PS3 & Kindle Fire versions) and have maybe had it go in the outlane once - twice, tops. That's less often than it happens in real life.

I love Funhouse - it's far and away my favorite table on TPA and IRL - but the TPA version is definitely easy. And I don't say that lightly about any of the games on TPA.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Any thoughts on the new $18 tier? Anybody going to bump their pledge from $10 to $18? I'm currently at the $10 level but don't see myself bumping to the $18 level. How about everybody else?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Any thoughts on the new $18 tier? Anybody going to bump their pledge from $10 to $18? I'm currently at the $10 level but don't see myself bumping to the $18 level. How about everybody else?

Nope, completely disregarding the KS, I find the pro menu offers me nothing that I would pay extra for. On the tables I have it for I never use it and see no value in it at all. That's just my opinion though, if everyone else is enjoying the pro menu in some way good on them but it does nothing for me.

Now I might up my pledge at some point if its falling short at the end but it won't be to get the pro menu.

Last edited:

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I'm still hopeless about this kickstarter. It seems impossible to make $19,000 in 9 days...

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm still hopeless about this kickstarter. It seems impossible to make $19,000 in 9 days...
Kickstarter projects have a tendency to explode in their final three days, especially if it is perceived that the project is almost but not quite going to make it on its own but would with a little more help.

While it's nowhere close to being in the bag, it's by no means hopeless, either.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Again, please refer to my earlier post...I really don't see the reason for all the doom and gloom in this thread.

This kickstarter has been on a steady pace since the day it started.

• Was at $20,000 (33%) after the first 10 days

• Will be above $40,000 (already at 67%) in roughly 13 hours from now which will be 20 days.

• Was at 25% after the first week

• Was at 50% after the second week

• Is on pace to hit 75% by the end of this Saturday (third week)

So again I ask, why do some of you think this Kickstarter is not on pace or won't meet the goal by July 21st? I'm actually more comfortable with this Kickstarter than the Star Trek Kickstarter which started off with a bang and then was a grind to the end of the project with no spikes in between.

By the way, there's still a little more than 10 days left in the project and they only have $18,000 left to go. The project has taken in a little more than $20,000 for each of the previous 10 day cycles.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

It's an interesting number. Obviously there is a lot of compression around it with a $10 and $20 level. It also seems that it has the $20 level will not honor the pro table of your choice that you get from the $18 level so if they are hoping to get a bump to $20 that may not happen. Of course it is a good rate to provide a pro table. Generally it's an additional 2-3 dollars on the table packs so this would cover that plus another 5-6 dollars on top of it.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
I'd suggested the $18 pro level in the Kickstarter comments last week, but had also suggested a $28 level for pro versions on two formats. Pity they didn't add both as it would have made more sense.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Every bit counts but 10$ really? You made a big stink and threatened not backing over 10$? Seriously?

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Copy and past below link to see interview transcript of Bobby King with 4 Color Rebellion!

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/arch...h-farsight-studios-terminator-2-judgment-day/

One answer I don't understand from Bobby is this below: If T2 isn't successful why would it be end of Kickstarters?, (one failed table, doesn't mean others won't be successful, ProPinball for example!) So is FS (Bobby) saying (confirming) then Addams will be next kickstarter? Sounds like he is. Huge disappointment if it isn't, to dangle the carrot and not commit.

4cr: The campaign is already partially funded thanks to the support of your fans. On the past two projects you have used the extra funds pledged over the goal to lower the amount asked for on your next table conversion Kickstarter. So far, this has worked twice in a row, but do you think it might be time to have some stretch goals added into your campaign to improve the Terminator 2: Judgment Day project itself?

Bobby: Maybe. We’ve been discussing some ideas internally, but having any money over $59,000 go to an Addams Family kickstarter (if we get there) is more likely. Personally, I would be very disappointed if this was our last kickstarter and we never had one for Addams Family.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sounds to me like full confirmation. I don't think he can be any more blunt.

This should give T2 a huge boost now!!

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Don't know the email content sorry, but i'm told The Twilight Zone "exclusive" Kickstarter backer tournament message was sent to the 300 people in those tier levels about 20 minutes ago, mentioning the T2 Kickstarter in the email to hopefully give it another boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.