Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Maybe 20 years ago, when I was a kid, I thought it is "cool" to be the first to play a game. Beta testing is work. I have enough of work and I usually don't work for free. :)
But you are not working for free. Free implies that no money is being exchanged. On the contrary, you are actually paying a considerable sum of money for the privileged of doing someone else's "work".

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Bobby is also talking about this in the latest edition of The Pinball Magazine. He says he is not a pinball designer and have no intention of becoming one but they have talked with several pinball designers and there is a big chance of something happening soon. Another option is to get Stern to contribute to these new tables and if they are successful Stern could make a real pinball out of the digital version. Turn the cards around, so to speak. Very interesting if you ask me. Bobby also said in the same interview that if all goes to plan they will continue to recreate tables 2 or 3 more seasons. The pinball arcade is selling more each month than the previous one and IOS is by far the most selling platform.

Sorry to go a little off topic ;-)

Where can I get an issue of this magazine? Is there a transcript of the interview online?

Also, two or three more seasons? Wow... that's amazing. I'm so happy.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Go for it Mark. It is a splendid magazine, worth every penny.

I totally agree. While I liked the first issue, the second was much better. The interview with Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres was extremely well done. It's divided up into sections and runs chronologically through Nordman's tables with a huge splash of each of the backglasses and playfields. So well done. I will buy each new issue that comes out.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i'm in for 10 although still waiting on twilight zone (sometimes being an xbox owner is trying on one's patience)...d.m.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
people are rooting against this kickstarter hoping with anticipation that it fails
They will be disappointed; it will probably cross the finish line tomorrow.

I could understand that some fans may not care, but why would anyone want it to fail?
Besides the usual coterie of invaders who hate FarSight and everything they do, there was some speculation a while back that a failed kickstarter would somehow "teach FarSight a lesson" and cause them to re-focus on improving the quality of the existing tables. How exactly this was supposed to work logistically and financially was never adequately explained by its proponents.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Down to 10 beta spots left now. I've been away from my pc all day today and just took a peek to see how the kickstarter is doing. It looks like there's been quite a bit of people cancelling or lowering pledges today. I'm so happy this is going to make it!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The machines will take over the world!
Arnold Schwarzenegger dies in a freak accident and in 2029 he is reincarnated as an android. He travels back in time to 2013 and destroys all pinball machines that bear his likeness so that Farsight cannot digitize the pinball, despite they succeeded to raise the necessary licensing funds. Farsight haters rejoice while pinball fans everywhere mourn the loss. The funding is put towards licensing The Adams Family instead and everyone is happy. :confused:

Numero Uno

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Guys and gals. There are only eleven $400 'all future beta' spots left. If you don't get one soon you may never have the opportunity again. How cool would it be to get to test and play the tables before everybody else?
How long before anyone else do beta testers get to see the new tables? I read previous Android beta testers saw it less than 24 hours before the release.

Apr 8, 2012
Besides the usual coterie of invaders who hate FarSight and everything they do, there was some speculation a while back that a failed kickstarter would somehow "teach FarSight a lesson" and cause them to re-focus on improving the quality of the existing tables. How exactly this was supposed to work logistically and financially was never adequately explained by its proponents.

This is obviously ridiculous. I really hope that those people are a very fringe minority.

I've been seeing people celebrating all day in the kickstarter comments but I say we don't count our eggs til they're hatched. Personally, I'm still nervous. I want this to succeed so bad!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Haters always gonna hate. If you back this Kickstarter, you are the resistance. ;)

N

netizen

I could understand that some fans may not care, but why would anyone want it to fail?

The machines will take over the world!

skynet is watching us

Maybe it's a case of fiction being more true than we are comfortable with .... :confused:

To carry out its mission, Dr. Zeus sends its employees far into human prehistory, where they take children ... and give them the immortality treatment. These individuals are then promised a bright future in the 24th century, in exchange for working for the Company till then. Their job is to preserve cultural artifacts, ... hiding them in safe places till the Company can 'recover' them in the future. The cyborgs will get to the 24th century the old-fashioned way, by living through the intervening millennia. Along the way they can create others to help them, using children who would otherwise die and not affect history. They are also provided with many recordings of future culture, entertainment, and a carefully edited view of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.