Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I thought Bobby said any extra $ would be going to an Addams Family Kickstarter.

No,this is what was said:

"If we don't reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!"
I interpret that as while TAF might be the next table that FS wants to go after - it doesn't mean it will be the one they end up doing. I'm really not trying to be negative here - I'm glad that the T2 KS is going to succeed. But anyone with common sense can see just how close it is going to be.

With all of the various issues that FS has had with the previous KS - I hope that two things going on from this:

1. That there isn't another licensed KS until at least the PC/360 issues are resolved
  2. That FS does a great deal of research into what 4 - 7 pinball tables would be the ones most likely to succeed with a KS donation (I'm basing those numbers on the seasons that KS has said that they'd like to do,with two KS pins a year on avg.)

If those things happen - then the next time FS does a KS for a table - I think it will go much faster,and smoother,than this one - and most of us wouldn't be waiting on pins & needles for it to succeed :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I thought Bobby said any extra $ would be going to an Addamms Family Kickstarter.
They "would like to pursue" the Addams Family license next. All that is is a statement of intent. It could derail in any number of ways, including licensors refusing to come to the negotiating table, license costs being out of reach even with a kickstarter, unacceptable restrictions being placed on the use of the licensed properties, etc.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Don't forget Bobby's comments to a question asked in the 4 Color Rebellion interview. This is a little more solid that they are planning on Addams Family to be the next one. It's still not a definitive answer but it's closer to it.

4cr: The campaign is already partially funded thanks to the support of your fans. On the past two projects you have used the extra funds pledged over the goal to lower the amount asked for on your next table conversion Kickstarter. So far, this has worked twice in a row, but do you think it might be time to have some stretch goals added into your campaign to improve the Terminator 2: Judgment Day project itself?

Bobby: Maybe. We’ve been discussing some ideas internally, but having any money over $59,000 go to an Addams Family kickstarter (if we get there) is more likely. Personally, I would be very disappointed if this was our last kickstarter and we never had one for Addams Family.​

Here's the complete interview:
http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2013/07/11/kickin-it-with-farsight-studios-terminator-2-judgment-day/

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
They "would like to pursue" the Addams Family license next. All that is is a statement of intent. It could derail in any number of ways, including licensors refusing to come to the negotiating table, license costs being out of reach even with a kickstarter, unacceptable restrictions being placed on the use of the licensed properties, etc.

Even so, the very fact that they go on record saying that they are hoping to pursue TAF next, is great news, and an indication that they don't consider the license anywhere near impossible (as some people here have been branding it :))
Everybody knows they want to do TAF, but stating it officially is pretty big, even if it's not a 100% confirmation.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I really hope that this table goes through, and for more reasons that just to be able to play. Have a good feeling it is going to happen though.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Doesn't look like there'll be much to pass on to the next KS, but if it is TAF, I'm sure the donations would come rolling in for that one fast and hard. Only question is, how much needs to be raised.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Let's be sure to pay Christopher Lloyd double so we can secure Back to the Future at the same time. :cool:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
$175K seems kind of high. If Star Trek was around $75K, I don't see Addams being more than $100k.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Yes! Now lets hope it keeps going up instead of people realising that they can afford to cut back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.