The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'm actually surprised FS didn't wait for the Xbox stuff to finally be released before starting the KS. That's a big audience that I'm sure aren't pledging until they know they can get the game on their system of choice.

Me too, but I pledged anyway and will wait for 360 to go with my Android version. Also waiting for my T2 table. I'm bummed about it, but they're making progress.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I pledged Gold because I want TAF made, and because I want to be able to play TAFG too.

I don't need TAFG to be exclusive forever. Barring people from the chance of buying TAFG would not increase my enjoyment of TAF(G).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well in the kickstarter video he only seemed to mention the backglass art needing changing nothing about the playfield? and i dont think theres any voice talent from Chris Lloyd or pugsley

I mean how different can you make a cartoon-ish fat bald headed guy look??, theres not many features to play around with really...its such a simplistic bit of art

Christopher Lloyd seems like an easy going sort of chap from the interviews ive seen him in, and heck he did the Back To The Future Cartoon

PS. I wonder how hard it was to get the rights for the guy who played Thing :p
It's strange to me as well but he's also very intensely private and doesn't do too many interviews either.

Fun fact. In the black and white TV series, Thing was the guy who played Lurch's hand.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Still fencesitting with two things I'd really like to know.

1. If they have to alter the playfield Fester (which really doesn't look like Lloyd) what will it look like?

2. If you go for the gold, do you get access to the standard versions as well? At a hundred dollars I would think you should for all four (really, how many people have four different platforms?) copies be able to download the standard TAF and TAFG.
I own tables for 4 platforms

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere in this now mammoth thread before, but did the Kickstarter originally say the table was being released in November, but then changed to February? I'm sure it used to say November.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere in this now mammoth thread before, but did the Kickstarter originally say the table was being released in November, but then changed to February? I'm sure it used to say November.

It never changed from November to February. November was only for the $1 pledges, which included nothing but their thanks.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Great news the kickstarter has begun.A few people are commenting about the licences for christopher lloyd and his apperance on the table.I took a pic for all to have a look at.
I don't think the playfield fester really resembles him at all.On the other hand the backglass you can really tell.
It'll make no differance to the table at all for me.

Fester_Compare.jpg
They should replace his head with the t-800 head they first modeled for T2. That would be a great in-joke

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I politely ask that forum members please refrain from replying to arguments that have already been put to rest.

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014
xaPXOrA.png

Well, let's all thank this one guy for potentially ruining everything completely. Thank you, Mr. Terrible-Person-Who-Hates-Amusement!

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Its a mixed bag as we all know FS has $97,640 in a bank they can use to purchase the licenses. If they spent 3 years working on getting the contracts it would be pretty lame that this sum of money would be the deciding factor on whether the table gets digitized or not. I think FS would go ahead with licensing the game even if the kickstarter fails but may charge more for it.

Unless superballs has spoken to Bobby King/other higher-ups at FS and knows for a fact not funding this KSer means no TAF, i think its a bit naive to assume that is the case.

If you don't want to fund the KS then don't.

Reality: no KS no TAF. If you don't pledge, you have no business crying if it never comes out. The way you see it is a world that does not exist.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I agree. In the Kickstarter comments section Farsight said the Gold Edition would have a window of Exclusivity. I bet Gold comes out in Season Five just to spread the Addams Family wealth.

Hopefully we hear if there's a stretch goal table soon. I'd love to see another Paramount license like Congo.
This could be a good idea actually if the table was made in advance the gold could be sold as an individual table and fs could take a much requested month off of developing and focus on bug fixes.

Not for everyone but it is an option.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
xaPXOrA.png

Well, let's all thank this one guy for potentially ruining everything completely. Thank you, Mr. Terrible-Person-Who-Hates-Amusement!

Ironically, the $75 tier for T2 tournament was on a third-party website, not Kickstarter. And the fact that they've held Kickstarter tournaments as well. So he's the stupid one.

If he gets Kickstarter to close this one, we all know who to blame.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts