The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Did FarSight remove/reword/re-add the $75 tier on the T2 Kickstarter then? - I've just looked at it and it states entry to a tournament on it, not a contest.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
xaPXOrA.png

Well, let's all thank this one guy for potentially ruining everything completely. Thank you, Mr. Terrible-Person-Who-Hates-Amusement!

That's from "Bill Smith", a resident goofball troll on the FB page, who has been banned well over 50 times now. I'm quite sure he's on here under some names, but I'll just leave that alone.

He's also responsible for hijacking the Season 3 poll, constantly voting for "Earthshaker" when it was ahead by like, 50,000 votes in one day. lol

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Ah, willful trollishness-stupid instead of general Internet ignorance. Check. I've thrown in what my modest budget will permit. TAF quotes still occupy valuable centers of my brain, pushing out minor details like my anniversary, cell phone number, and driving directions... anywhere.

"Fumes, toxic waste... it's all ours!"

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought he upvoted earthshaker followed by having cyclone bury bothe diner and earthshaker towards the end. It was ridiculous. Diner ended up with maybe 3% of the vote and earthshaker had like 12%. All I hope is that he really wasted a lot of personal time in being so juvenile about the whole matter.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Trolls today got no technique. I survived the Mac vs. PC wars on USENET. Now that was some old-school flamebaiting. Sigh. It would take a couple of rounds at TAF just to clear the mind.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I thought he upvoted earthshaker followed by having cyclone bury bothe diner and earthshaker towards the end. It was ridiculous. Diner ended up with maybe 3% of the vote and earthshaker had like 12%. All I hope is that he really wasted a lot of personal time in being so juvenile about the whole matter.

All I know is that anytime "Diner" took a lead, he'd bury it with "Earthshaker", and then he'd bury that with "Cyclone". I mean, it was like 50,000 votes for each in one day. lol I was the one that suggested to the Farsight FB guy that they do the poll over here. To see "Diner" win in the end was even more sweet, I truly hope it ticked him off. Hahahahaha

It's actually pretty funny, because he's instantly banned when spotted on the FB page. He does and says certain things that instantly give him away. He's not a very bright one.

D

dmarcoot2

So i just left the Pinball Enthusiasts group on Facebook. The Admin there is extremely hostile towards far sight and especially their kickstarter.
He threatened to ban anyone who "posted far sight ****" on the group. Apparently they see it as being pan handling.

So, i left his group. They also claim that far sight destroys tables in the process rather than breaking them down and rebuilding them

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As of this post, both Kickspy and Kicktraq have FarSight's The Addams Family Kickstarter campaign listed at #2 on "Today's Top 100" and "Today's Hot List" respectively. Can't wait to see how close we get to the goal by the end of this week with the internet media beginning to pick up on the campaign now.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
That's to be expected. There's always a big start, followed by an anxiety-inducing drought in the middle, and then a surge toward the end with these kickstarters.

I hope there will be a stretch goal.The quicker we reach the goal the better.Hopefully it's reached with
with 2 weeks to spare.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
There's nothing to worry about here. We're almost half-way in three days.
-------------
yea...assuming the kickstarter donations are kept up, the goal will easily be broken eh. :):cool:

That was classy.:cool:
-------------
The Zen Help will surely come handy eh. :cool:

Shame about the Christopher Lloyd license.
So they will do minor changes than.Correct.Hopefully it won't be too obvious
------------
Sure hope that Chris Lloyd & the kid change their minds eh.

Some thoughts:

I don't think will miss the tiny images of Fester of Puglsey on the backglass (how long do YOU spend staring at the backglasses in TPA? Excluding Scared Stiff...), but the Fester on the centre drain is probably the most iconic piece of art on the table as that's where you stare most of the time. What I don't get is that while they have said they will need to change that image, it looks nothing like him. So they will be changing something that looks nothing like him to something ELSE that looks nothing like him. It seems... pointless. But at the same time it may be so subtle that no-one will really notice.

This also raises questions about Farsight's "We can't alter the original table at all" rule. Turns out they can, and that opens up the possibility of a LOT of other tables, albeit with famous faces scrubbed off. But really... who needs Keanu?

Making Gold Kickstarter exclusive is odd, but will be needed as an incentive if it's to get funded. I can't afford it but if it helps it to get funded I'm all for it.

Also cool to see Zen promote it. Good to see Zen and FS play nice, especially with what so many TPA players think of Zen... :rolleyes:
------------
YES! The images of Lloyd, etc. really don't matter 1 iota. Just the sounds eh. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Stretch Table

The 100 dollar level should get you - 1 gold edition of the game. 4 pro versions of the table, all with the magic physics. So 4 pro versions is 60 bucks, which means the gold edition is only costing you 40 bucks.

that being said Farsight does need to be more clear on if the gold edition is a kickstarter exclusive. i'm all for helping out. i went gold. but i would be pretty pissed if after this kickstarter someone can go buy the gold edition the first day of sale for 10 or 15 bucks.

here's hoping they announce a stretch goal table of a Paramount license like Congo.
------------
I sure will like (very much) for a stretch table (or 2) also. EM namely. :cool:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I'd like to know if the regular AF game will have the original rom. I keep hearing that TPA bought a game regular table with the gold rom installed. So are both versions going to be gold rom and the $100 price is just the gold trim objects?

Also, was it clarified you can have both tables on one platform?

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I'd like to know if the regular AF game will have the original rom. I keep hearing that TPA bought a game regular table with the gold rom installed. So are both versions going to be gold rom and the $100 price is just the gold trim objects?

Also, was it clarified you can have both tables on one platform?

Interesting questions, also for leaderboard matters...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.