The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
It should have been around the $50 mark

Agreed. In the end the question is: Will there be enough $100 pledges or would they get more than approx. 2.5 times as many people spending $50 to get the same money. We shall see.

The $100 pledges are pulling in more than half the total with just 44 people pledging at that level right now. So I think its where it needs to be.

Maybe an alternative $50 level where you just get Addams Family CE and that's it. And something slightly above that for the Pro version. I don't think that would be too bad, and would probably do good if you limit the backers to 100 each. Would be $10k right there if the 200 backer limit fills out. But may also pull some of the $100 backers down to $50 - guess it depends on how interested people are in the balls that modify the physics.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Some thoughts:

I don't think will miss the tiny images of Fester of Puglsey on the backglass (how long do YOU spend staring at the backglasses in TPA? Excluding Scared Stiff...), but the Fester on the centre drain is probably the most iconic piece of art on the table as that's where you stare most of the time. What I don't get is that while they have said they will need to change that image, it looks nothing like him. So they will be changing something that looks nothing like him to something ELSE that looks nothing like him. It seems... pointless. But at the same time it may be so subtle that no-one will really notice.

This also raises questions about Farsight's "We can't alter the original table at all" rule. Turns out they can, and that opens up the possibility of a LOT of other tables, albeit with famous faces scrubbed off. But really... who needs Keanu?

Making Gold Kickstarter exclusive is odd, but will be needed as an incentive if it's to get funded. I can't afford it but if it helps it to get funded I'm all for it.

Also cool to see Zen promote it. Good to see Zen and FS play nice, especially with what so many TPA players think of Zen... :rolleyes:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Also cool to see Zen promote it. Good to see Zen and FS play nice, especially with what so many TPA players think of Zen... :rolleyes:

I've been pretty critical of Zen as far as physics go in the past, but I totally understand they mostly cater to different crowds and do different things in the same marketplace to some extent so they're not eating off the same bowl all that much. Classy move of them regardless.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
pjim-iggy-ignatowski-sz-christopher-lloyd-taxi-p.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Most of us who are quick to bash Zen's physics are also quick to wish that FarSight would take notes on Zen's UI, social features and general polish. It's a different game with different priorities, focused on different customers.

That said, there's enough overlap that anything that brings a large influx of players to one game (like TAF) is likely to have spillover benefits to the other company. So it's not only classy, it's good business sense. (This is also likely why FarSight supported Pro Pinball's kickstarter.)

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I have to agree it's very cool to see Zen helping TPA draw attention to this kickstarter. I personally prefer TPA over Zen, but still own most of the Zen tables on multiple devices as well.

As of now the kickstarter just broke $10K. It would be awesome if it made $30k by the end of the weekend.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
I haven't really played an Addams Family in my life, but I'm going to back them as soon I can get some money in order to support FarSight :)

D

dmarcoot2

I also think they would have been better making gold at $50 mark. I would ahem done that, but no way can i justify at $100.

My hope for the art of fester on table, that they can argue that his face is obstructed enough by the Shoot Again light that he would not be recognizable as Christopher Loyld.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I haven't really played an Addams Family in my life, but I'm going to back them as soon I can get some money in order to support FarSight :)

Wow, man, that's kinda crazy. If there's any machine that one might consider "ubiquitous" it's Addams Family. Also, it's a great table, so you owe it to yourself. The light show when you trigger multi-ball is one of the best in pinball. There just HAS to be one near you that you could try out if you live in Philly. Good luck. :D

D

dmarcoot2

I think Chris Lloyd was used in the Mammuska song along with Raul Julia. "HEY!"

Last edited:
D

dmarcoot2

Maybe we can get Bryan Cranston as Walter White to be the Fester art on the table. He will do anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts