The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the update Bowflex!

I have to say it's not too enticing to see "Christopher Lloyd" get paid by us paying more on TAF KS that's not a push for me to possibly pledge more money as a stretch goal by any means.

Just saying.....

I'am Looking for something else to push pledges into a stretch goal but only time will tell.
Let see what else is possibly up FarSights sleeves before the clock times out.

tick.... tock............

Even if the deal includes another licensed table? ;)

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Ok Pin Wiz I guess another licensed table would tug at my wallet just a little.

I just feel that images on the Backglass of any table that is just a quick pan & scan before we play the table is not a big deal we focus mainly on the playing field not the Backglass the camera moves around so fast I really don't get to take in the art on the Backglass that much anyway. Just my take on likeness on the Backglass of any pinball table.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have one question someone told me they think they heard from the podcast I believe if I understand my friends thoughts on the stand alone table at the end of this month after being purchased will be based on daily credits or pay to play only. I hope it's not like my credits run out and I play again after they are regenerated or I pay to play when my existing credits run out.

That would just be a turn off for for me anyways.

Is this in fact true does anyone even know?

Sorry to change the subject I just hope my friend was wrong on his information he shared with me yesterday.
Thanks Folks!!!

That would be an instant deal breaker for me, and I think would fail miserably for them.

even if the deal includes another licensed table? ;)

great scott!!!!!

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
BTTF Looks like an interesting table, also it looks like it's a Universal Production which means we may be in with a chance? (Monster Bash, CFTBL)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=126

Gameplay:

http://youtu.be/qQ-8ivzsVJY

Question if anyone knows, was there a specific reason why the kickstarter happened now instead of waiting till the 360/Xbone versions (possibly even Wii U version ) were out? Was there a need to do this now like there was with the T2 licence?
Seems like FS are getting a lot of stick for this, and if the other platforms are only a few months round the corner I would have been happy to have waited. Could have also given them more time to negotiate with Christopher Lloyd, instead of whilst the KS is still on?

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Polygon has two pinball stories on their main page neither of which are about TAF.

I tweeted them with the link. We'll see if the cover it. Bit disappointing to see so many video game sites pally with Zen, but completely ignoring TPA. Not that I dislike Zen, but it seems to appeal to regular gamers a lot more.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Opinion, yes. Info, no.

Honestly, in terms of fan requests it's the most logical choice. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. People are only taking BTTF right now because of the Lloyd connection. While I've never played it it's by no means considered a classic. And I'd imagine it's not that deep, considering it's pre-DMD. TSPP is a modern classic that has one of the deepest rulesets there is. It needs to go in.

So long as Zen don't get the license first...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Honestly, in terms of fan requests it's the most logical choice. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. People are only taking BTTF right now because of the Lloyd connection. While I've never played it it's by no means considered a classic. And I'd imagine it's not that deep, considering it's pre-DMD. TSPP is a modern classic that has one of the deepest rulesets there is. It needs to go in.

So long as Zen don't get the license first...

Zen is not a relevant aspect of licensing. Farsight even came out and said that Zen's production of South Park should have no bearing on them recreating the sega table if farsight chooses to do so. Same with every other license that has come into question with zen.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I know this has been discussed in the past, but would anybody care to save me the time of sifting through the other 28 pages of this thread to tell me if it has been explicitly stated as to whether the gold version will give you both the gold AND standard machines on the same device? I know you get both, but I don't know if I've seen that explicit said you could have them both on the same device. If so, I may consider upping to $100.

Explicitly stated? I don't recall it ever been publicly stated, but my search-fu is not strong. From a coding point of view, I would expect FS to just release these as two tables -- standard and gold -- with similar but not identical assets. Tune the physics and the mesh on the base machine, clone it, and make the gold with the new graphic assets and ROM. Were I king of the world, anyway.

This would also help sidestep the ongoing drama about "will gold be a backer exclusive." The standard table would be available for a while, and then gold after some time, probably at a premium price. Lifetime exclusivity would be insane -- can you imagine the whining? And what about the people who don't make it into the KS, or who (heaven forbid) buy a new platform in the future?

"Oh, sorry, we'll never release TAF Gold for the Playstation Five/Xbox Two because it wasn't in the Kickstarter." :rolleyes:

Question if anyone knows, was there a specific reason why the kickstarter happened now instead of waiting till the 360/Xbone versions (possibly even Wii U version ) were out? Was there a need to do this now like there was with the T2 licence?
Seems like FS are getting a lot of stick for this, and if the other platforms are only a few months round the corner I would have been happy to have waited. Could have also given them more time to negotiate with Christopher Lloyd, instead of whilst the KS is still on?

Who knows anything, on the Internet? I'd ask directly if the question is really burning, but offhand, I'd say that it's a very complex license negotiation: images for the actors, voice work for Ms. Huston and the Julia estate, the Addams estate, whoever owns the movie rights these days, the pinball rights...

Just getting everyone to the negotiating table was surely a mountain-must-come-to-Mohammed moment for FS. Besides, it finally gives the board something new to whine about. TSPP/Indy topics are taking the place of "when will TAF ever come to TPA?" :D

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Zen is not a relevant aspect of licensing. Farsight even came out and said that Zen's production of South Park should have no bearing on them recreating the sega table if farsight chooses to do so. Same with every other license that has come into question with zen.

I'm more thinking from the aspect of the license holder - are they going to see the point in two separate pinball video games by different companies coming out at the same time?

Not particularly relevant to this thread, though.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Not like they need my messily contribution to get this done, but I am not happy about my scores for the kickstarter tourney disappearing. I use my gf psn login to play as Im not gonna start over on the goals (spoiledgirl83). I was at 17th last I checked in the silver tournament, now I 'have qualified for the bronze tier!' No scores listed at all. In one of the first tournaments I qualified for gold and had the eyeball special ball, now dont have the eyeball and found out the hard way if I change to a different ball on a table that already has the eyeball there is no going back. Seems this is an on going issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts