The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Axl Rose, from Guns 'N' Roses, is a famously hardball negotiator. And has apparently fallen out with Slash, the guitarist.

I don't know too much about them, but from what I do know it'd be very hard if those two owned relevant rights.

:) No one actually asks Axl Rose and Slash if they want to licence a pinball game with their likeness and music to be made into a video app. It would be handled by their management. They may have an agreement with their management to ask them but it would be unlikely. They definitely don't talk dollar amounts with Axl and Slash because they would have no idea of what amount an app should go for or what is standard.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Hopefully they announce some kind of stretch goal to get people to bump their pledges. Really if the bottom tier pledges just went up to the next level it would clear easily.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This is going to get funded, regardless.

If you really think that Farsight would let it fail, at this point, than you're just kidding yourself.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Really if the bottom tier pledges just went up to the next level it would clear easily.

It would still need a bit more. Even if all 840 $7 backers went up to $10 that's really just $2,500 more. And if all 425 $10 backers went up to $15 its just another 2,100.

Might get like 100 or so people from both of those group that up their pledge at the end, so that's not that big of a help. It's going to pass at this point regardless but would be nice to see some new limited tier rewards (e.g. a 200 limit $50-60 reward for just the Gold edition table and maybe some high level rewards in the $100+ range with the season pass included).

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
To be honest, with all the shenanigans going on with certain folks, I'm just glad it's probably going to get funded. Stretch goals aren't really going to do much, because I highly doubt we'd manage to make $3k more than the target, let alone $10k+

Just relax and wait it out, I'm guessing everyone here has already pledged what they want, so there's really nothing else left to do but sit back and wait. I get that it's a little nervy because of how big the table is, but it's really not the end of the world if it doesn't get funded.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
To be honest, with all the shenanigans going on with certain folks, I'm just glad it's probably going to get funded. Stretch goals aren't really going to do much, because I highly doubt we'd manage to make $3k more than the target, let alone $10k+

Just relax and wait it out, I'm guessing everyone here has already pledged what they want, so there's really nothing else left to do but sit back and wait. I get that it's a little nervy because of how big the table is, but it's really not the end of the world if it doesn't get funded.

Imagine the uproar if TAF doesn't get funded
Oh Boy.
I'm 100 percent certain it gets funded with days to spare

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Imagine the uproar if TAF doesn't get funded
Oh Boy.
I'm 100 percent certain it gets funded with days to spare

lol, it's gonna pass no matter what.

Again, at this point, Farsight won't let it fail. If we're short in the closing hours, you can bet they'll finish off the goal. We're just too close to the final goal.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Can people/companies contribute to their own Kickstarter? I doubt Farsight would like to give up 90,000 dollars and all the guaranteed sales, both present and future, because they fell short by only a few thousand dollars...of course right now it's at an amount that would require 1400 sales to make up for their own investment into it, assuming a five dollar price tag when it finally launches...and it's only for the rights apparently, they still haven't developed it.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Can people/companies contribute to their own Kickstarter? I doubt Farsight would like to give up 90,000 dollars and all the guaranteed sales, both present and future, because they fell short by only a few thousand dollars...of course right now it's at an amount that would require 1400 sales to make up for their own investment into it, assuming a five dollar price tag when it finally launches...and it's only for the rights apparently, they still haven't developed it.

Ive heard of other companies doing it, so I dont see why Farsight couldn't.

All they would have to do is create another account...

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
From Kickstarter's FAQ:

Can I pledge to my own project?

Pledging to your own project is not allowed by either Kickstarter or our payments partners.

Amazon payments has been recently charging those that pledge to their own Kickstarters with credit card fraud, and treating it as a cash advance. So, it's not allowed, although, that's not to say they couldn't get a friend or business associate to donate the remainder...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Unfortunately there's been no definitive answer given by Farsight, so, at this point, I'd say no.

It says everything above so it would be the gold table + 4 pro tables. I'm honestly more interested in whether the $75 tier tournament will also be available on steam, but I guess they probably don't even know the timeline on PC tournaments at this point. Meh.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
:) No one actually asks Axl Rose and Slash if they want to licence a pinball game with their likeness and music to be made into a video app. It would be handled by their management. They may have an agreement with their management to ask them but it would be unlikely. They definitely don't talk dollar amounts with Axl and Slash because they would have no idea of what amount an app should go for or what is standard.

In the normal world, I'd agree with you, but Guns 'N' Roses are legendary for their contract disputes - including as mentioned above renegotiating for royalties in the middle of live shows.

It's completely insane, but apparently that's how it ended up.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.