The Addams family on PS4.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Correct.

I have no issues I was not ready to purchase pass until now I just wasn't excited to just play POT only. Plus I heard the Season Pass had issues awhile back.

All is great in TPA land now!!!

Curious about custom balls if they are worth the purchase. Waiting for feedback or videos.

Hey Pin Wiz........I'am going to Texas Pinball Festival next week it's only 10 minutes from my house. Do you know if TPA will make the show this year I went last year and hung out with Mike mainly and he gave me t shirts from TPA which I cherish and wear all the time. Hope they make the show again I asked on FB page but still no response.

Another question: ...on these new TAF custom balls. So I pay $5 for TAF ball pack and it says Once unlocked and selected custom balls can be used on any table. So do I have to play the bowling app. I don't care for in order to use the custom balls I pay for. $5 in the first place?
Curious before I make a possible purchase.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Last I heard, FarSight wasn't going to make it to the Texas Pinball Festival this year...sorry.

Once purchased, you can play any of The Addams Family custom balls on any table you wish...no need to play the bowling app.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I'am having issues on PS4 when you enter your initials after winning a game only on the POT table...it's all screwed up I can't move well through choosing letters at all.

Needs to be fixed big time.
Bug Fix I Guess???

If I buy the ball pack are they all playable on choosing or do you have to unlock the balls some how even though your purchased them?

Thanks.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'am having issues on PS4 when you enter your initials after winning a game only on the POT table...it's all screwed up I can't get move well through choosing letters at all.

If I buy the ball pack are they all playable on choosing or do you have to unlock the balls some how even though your purchased them?

Thanks.

I'm streaming now on Twitch...search for PiN WiZ. I will show all The Addams Family custom balls when I play The Addams Family table.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks Pin Wiz for showing me the new TAF "custom ball pack" it's a must purchase for me now very cool indeed.
Really enjoyed chatting one on one for the first time tonight on twitch with you I had a blast.
(You play some Mean Pinball Dude)
Peace Out!

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I'am having issues on PS4 when you enter your initials after winning a game only on the POT table...it's all screwed up I can't move well through choosing letters at all.

Bug Fix I Guess???

Thanks.

I ran out of time trying to enter my initials, but I found you have to hold the button down to scroll through the letters.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Yep I held button down it sucks..Pin Wiz will pass these bugs to Bobby.

EARTHSHAKER is also in need of a tune up. Long delays sometimes when balls lock for hold in Mutliball. Me & Pin Wiz were both experiencing this tonight as well.

Last edited:

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I hope he can point out the audio bug with the one sound on Addams Family. I'm amazed they would allow one of the main sounds leading up to multiball being messed up like that.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Another

multiball at 3:55

Overall, I don’t think the audio is all that bad beyond the pops, clicks, and busted zap. Sure I’d like a bit more bass as it isn’t quite rumbling things through my speaker setup, but other than that, it sounds like the real table did.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Another

multiball at 3:55

Overall, I don’t think the audio is all that bad beyond the pops, clicks, and busted zap. Sure I’d like a bit more bass as it isn’t quite rumbling things through my speaker setup, but other than that, it sounds like the real table did.

I thought the sound was a well known PS4 issue. Something to do with sampling rates or something.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Do any of the TAF balls glow in the dark? : o

To answer my own question, no they do not. >_<

Does anyone know what all the special balls do? The golfy looking one seems heavier, but I'm not sure about the others; I can't even remember how you're supposed to steer the Thing ball.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Right stick I think.

I thought the sound was a well known PS4 issue. Something to do with sampling rates or something.
The clicks and pops are known, but I haven’t noticed any issues with sound clips being as messed up as that one and just flat out cutting out like that.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
This is what Pin Wiz told me last night on Twitch about the TAF custom ball pack.

Lightbulb, Fester & Cousin It = Just Skins With Normal Physics

Thing = Ball Control

Hurricane Irene = Bigger & Slower

Lightning = Power-ball On TZ But Only Ignores Magnets On TAF

Dirty Golf Ball = Smaller & Faster.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Gave this a go last night:

First game, all three balls shot straight into the right outlane without me ever using the flippers. That was awesome. Not.

After that, I played a few more and couldn't help but be struck by how awful the sound is. I haven't played a real Addams Family in several years but...is that how the sound sounds on a real machine? Like all muffled and just generally terrible quality? For all the raves I've heard about the voices on this game...this is not what I was expecting, that's for sure.

After a handful of games, definitely not in love with the table yet. Didn't have much time to play so will get back at it another night.

On a side note, it had been awhile since I played any TPA at all - been playing Zen for my pinball fix. And switching back to TPA after so much Zen, I'm just reminded of how many things TPA simply doesn't get right that Zen does. Gameplay aside, stuff like letting you use the sticks to make menu selections (and not just the d-pad), not coming up with "no content" when you try to access your already-purchased DLC, bad sound quality, friend leaderboards, and so on. I don't wanna turn this into a "bash Farsight" thread, so my apologies for derailing, was more just commenting on the stark differences in the two apps.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I never thought the audio quality was that good on the real table to begin with. At least for the dialogue. Here's how it is in VP and I'd say compare it to the first vid I posted above. I think VP is a bit crisper while TPA is deeper, kind of like the real table was. Not factoring in the obvious issues of clicks and pops.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Gave this a go last night:

First game, all three balls shot straight into the right outlane without me ever using the flippers. That was awesome. Not.

Worst outlane in the history of the game IMO.

Constant slingshot -> slingshot -> outlane

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is what Pin Wiz told me last night on Twitch about the TAF custom ball pack.

Lightbulb, Fester & Cousin It = Just Skins With Normal Physics

Thing = Ball Control

Hurricane Irene = Bigger & Slower

Lightning = Power-ball On TZ But Only Ignores Magnets On TAF

Dirty Golf Ball = Smaller & Faster.

Sorry W1LDD ONE...Hurricane Irene ball actually features accelerated speed physics and the Dirty (Miniature) Golf ball features lightweight physics. Again, my apologies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts