The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That was it. It was for all 4 plus a new game. It was still a lofty goal to try for given the relatively small size of the pinball community. Especially the size of the virtual pinball subset of the community.

Did you see that guy that posted his Indiegogo on Kickstarter? He wanted something like $600,000 to start up a Youtube pinball channel. Basically he wanted other people to buy him a pinball arcade (with "only the newest tables" - for the quality of the channel, of course) and recording and video editing equipment.

This was a random guy with no background in anything pinball. He was wanting ten times what Farsight have ever raised in a Kickstarter. Don't believe there were any backer rewards either. I pointed out to him that he was basically just wanting strangers to buy him cool stuff, and also that his goal was maybe eight to ten times the value of his shopping list (He was probably wanting to spend around $60,000).

I tried to find the page again, but I think it's been deleted.

Made me laugh, anyway.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Lol. I like to think for the most part that the kickstand ter community I'd to smart for shenanigans like that

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Lol. I like to think for the most part that the kickstand ter community I'd to smart for shenanigans like that

I think if he set the goal at 30,000, there might be enough suckers out there to squeeze by. I wonder how much he actually raised. Legitimate things like the Digital Pinball thing and the Pinball arcade in Riverside County, CA failed miserably with high goals above 100k and those were very legitimate but they did raise quite a bit of dough.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
When I last saw it, it had one pledge. It was basically a badly disguised and futile attempt to get strangers to buy him cool stuff. There was no video, no list of previous experiences/successes, no proof he could make an entertaining youtube channel. He wanted all the newest pinball machines for free and made a laughable plan. Wouldn't be surprised if he took it down.

N

netizen

And now having played it a few times at my league, I just don't get the big deal.

TAF, for me, is like Funhouse. It has it's appeal to many players, but I just don't get the charm.

With a dash of TMI, the entire Addam's Family reboot from the 90s will forever remind me of depressed goth chicks and their problems, perhaps that is why I have little love for TAF.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
With a dash of TMI, the entire Addam's Family reboot from the 90s will forever remind me of depressed goth chicks and their problems, perhaps that is why I have little love for TAF.
The family is much older and so is the license. The table has a lot of similarities with TZ which could be considered a sequel. Lawlor mostly made them and they both have the same kind of modes and many toys. For whatever reason the licensed tables of that era have deeper rule sets. The TZ license is pretty old, too, and had a revival.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The table isn't without its charm. It most certainly deserves a place in tpa, I will never argue that. I also think it will be a top selling table, as whether it's a blockbuster or lackluster, it's a very popular item.

I will certainly support a kickstarter for it. I'd like to see it in the collection. But, at the end of the day if it never made it I would just go on with life and enjoy all the other tables we have.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Left Ramp? Left Bank? - I'm confused too!

With BTTF vs. TAF - At least there's no actor likeness backglass issue ;)
(Unlike TAF - Sadly).

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You just loop the left ramp over and over again on the back to the future table. it gives you extra balls, skill shots, lotsa points, and millions. no reason to ever shoot anything else.

Furthermore it's an easy shot to find the sweet spot for on most BTTF games on location, and you get a free shot at it off the plunge.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
With BTTF vs. TAF - At least there's no actor likeness backglass issue ;)
The playfield is crowded with characters probably taken from the movie. BTTF is placed somewhat #90 on the ipdb top list and #160 on pinside and has only alphanumerics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts