pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Looks like this will become a reality now
Fingers crossed.
Could not be anything else really
Hope everyone's wallet is ready

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
TSPP or TAF is my guess we will see tomorrow. It's gotta big a Huge release to get folks to fund the next KS.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
The reason that I don't think we'll see a non-Addams KickStarter is that I remember what the feeling was around the time of the T2 KickStarter. The previous two KickStarters (for The Twilight Zone, and Star Trek: The Next Generation) were wildly successful. Both of them FAR exceeded their goals and expectations. When it came time for the T2 KickStarter (which had to be done at that time for license window reasons), the expectation was that T2 would be just as successful. As each day passed, it became less and less likely that that KickStarter would succeed at all, let alone in an overwhelming way as the previous two had done.

If you'll recall, as a way to goose the effort, in the waning days of that campaign, FarSight added some new extra special perk levels for T2 including the ability to become a beta-tester for The Pinball Arcade. (Incidentally, well played, FarSight, you snared me with that one. :) ) With that extra goosing, the T2 KickStarter did, in fact, make it's goal, but just barely. The fact that FarSight needed to offer extra-special perks just to make the goal coupled with the pessimism and nail-biting that occurred amongst users on this forum at the time made it seem as if they'd gone to the KickStarter well a little too often. It felt as though we had a bit of "KickStarter fatigue." Now, FarSight never came out and expressly said this, of course; nor, would they. But the confidence in KickStarters that existed after the first two seemed to have been diminished dramatically.

Now, you may argue that users just didn't want T2 as badly as Twilight Zone or Star Trek: The Next Generation, and that had FarSight just picked another table that users had been clamoring for a bit more, we'd never have had that close call. That argument may have some merit (though I actually think T2 is a great table, and I'm very happy I backed it). Even so, after their experience with the T2 KickStarter, I would surmise that FarSight may feel a bit more gun-shy about blatantly whipping around KickStarters for this or that expensively licensed table even if there's notable demand for it in the forum.

That's not to say they'll never do another one. But, I think they'd like to have a surer thing as the object of their next KickStarter. The closest thing to a sure thing for a KickStarter is clearly The Addams Family. The FarSight team loves that table; the Pinball Arcade users love that table; ipdb.org loves that table. It's as close to a can't-miss as you can get. In order to get their KickStarter "mojo" back, I think FarSight would want no less a sure thing than The Addams Family to be the object of their next KickStarter.

That said, the external negotiation hurdles with the rights holders for The Addams Family are well-documented. They're working diligently to overcome them, but until they can, I don't think we'll see any KickStarter-fueled table. I don't think they want to risk having another KickStarter miss, or just barely make it, because if that were to happen, that would probably seal the doom of The Addams Family as a table permanently regardless of what happens in external negotiations with the license holders. Are The Simpons Pinball Party and Lord Of The Rings, and a few other tables like that being sought after by users more than T2 was? Yes. But, The Addams Family is still the most sought-after table there is. If FarSight only has one "bullet" left in its KickStarter gun, and after the T2 KickStarter it's totally reasonable for them to think that may be so, then best to use it on the one table everyone involved most wants.

From a discussion elsewhere about whether Addams Family would be the next KickStarter. Thought it may be germaine here.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think it's safe to say we'll be reading about this FINALLY happening in tomorrow's newsletter.

I hope it's as good as everyone says it is. I've never played it, but it has to be the best selling table for a reason. I can't wait to finally check it out!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I think it's safe to say we'll be reading about this FINALLY happening in tomorrow's newsletter.

I hope it's as good as everyone says it is. I've never played it, but it has to be the best selling table for a reason. I can't wait to finally check it out!

Less than 24 hours to go

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
So most likely we will see this in 0ctober
If it gets kickstarted that is lol

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Your right it will get funded if it's TAF. It's got to be a huge table to get enough dough together for an expensive license.
TAF will make it happen let's hope this is what we have been screaming for. If it's not TAF I feel in my heart TSPP will be the next KS in line. We shall see!

Keep The Faith for TAF!!!

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
How much will i need to donate to get in on the tuning? i WILL back this one.

SOme simple tuning onfo. alist of shots, with difficulty and danger factor.

Shots from mini flipper

1) swamp. difficult, and dangerous if missed. but thing should be able to hit it 95%
2) let it pass. this is also dangerous and can cause a bounce off the divider right into the outlane. a well times hodl and relase will deflect it into the inner inlane.
3) rebound off G-R and into the swamp. similar difficulty to shooting the swamp directly.

Shots from upper flipper.

1) train wreck. easy as rudy, but dangerous when hit. power drains down the left outlane are typical. it's called the train wreck for a reason. randomzed bounce off standups is needed here.
2) side ramp. this should be easier then the whirlwind side ramp, but not that much. it's a lot safer to aim for
3) hit cousin It. easy shot, but unpredictable on the rebound.
4) trick shot off of rubber above IT and into the open vault. hard, but not really that dangerous.
5) trick bounce up the thing ramp. harder then the other trick shot but about as safe.
6) closed vault. easy to do, but dangerous.

SHots from lower right flipper.

1) backhand the open vault. super difficult from a trap, impossible on the fly. but it CAN be done.
2) shoot bear kick. nearly impossible on the fly because you won't usually get enough momentum, but doable from a trap. attempting the on the fly shot is very dangerous, and can drain SDTM if it fails to climb the ramp.
3) shoot thing ramp. hard from a trap, but very easy following a bear kick. misses can deflect into train wreck.
4) cousin it. easier to graze it when NOT trapped. pretty safe.
5) electric chair. easier from a trap, but doable either way, very dangerous if bricked.
6) shot through the bumpers. difficult, but needs to be doable after a bear kick for combos.
7) GRAVE targets. danger, will robinson.

Shots for lower right flipper.

1) Chair. EASY from a trap, not so easy on the fly. still dangerous if you miss, but missing is much less common.
2) bear kick ramp. EASY and safe to go for. sweet spot is center of flipper.
3) open vault. nearly impossible from a trap, and hard on the fly. hittable by one timing it off the electric chair.
4) right orbit. easy to aim for, but unsafe if you hit it.
5) swamp kickout. very hard, its a tip of the flipper shot.
6) GRAVE targets, don't do it man... grave=death

Swamp and chair kickout should be dead bounceable, but if you want the game hard, a trap after shouldn't be guaranteed.

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
This is gonna be a killer BIRTHDAY weekend! Bring on this Kick Starter rob me of my money just bring us more Flippin Funn than we can handle.
I turn the big "5 .0" this Saturday July 12, baby.
baby!
"The Addams Family" News Would Make For A Killer Birthday Gift!!!
(Plus HRC For IOS)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts