The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I think what he is referring to is that T2 got half of the funding from higher pledges.

This.

For fun, I just added up all the tiers above $75 and it totals $31225, which is almost exactly half give or take 90 bucks.

The most pledges in those upper tiers were at the 100 and 400 level. I think they need to offer something as enticing as that "official beta tester" pledge to really bring in the big bucks. The $400 beta tier alone brought in $18,000.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That $31k is what Kickstarter brought over retail options. That's why Kickstarter works for these sorts of things, because it lets the dedicated fans overpay by several multiples over what anything that could be done at retail would be worth.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That $31k is what Kickstarter brought over retail options. That's why Kickstarter works for these sorts of things, because it lets the dedicated fans overpay by several multiples over what anything that could be done at retail would be worth.

Ah. Got it. Understood. I'm glad I get to have T2 in my collection now because of this. Unlike others, I really dig T2.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I'd be happy to contribute if it wasn't for the fact that my platform of choice (PS4 currently, maybe the Xbox One then) would get the table a significant amount of months after it appears on the market.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'd be happy to contribute if it wasn't for the fact that my platform of choice (PS4 currently, maybe the Xbox One then) would get the table a significant amount of months after it appears on the market.

They made a big effort to get T2 out in a timely manner on PS3. I think they learned from the frustration of their first two Kickstarters.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
By the time this arrives, they'll have added at least 2 more platforms if we believe them. Added to that the work to get the missing tables to the PS4 and 360 and a full Xbox One catch up, I'm expecting a colossal backlog that makes the recent Sony debacle look like small fry. I hope I'm wrong, but like us all here, I have experience of their business.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
By the time this arrives, they'll have added at least 2 more platforms if we believe them. Added to that the work to get the missing tables to the PS4 and 360 and a full Xbox One catch up, I'm expecting a colossal backlog that makes the recent Sony debacle look like small fry. I hope I'm wrong, but like us all here, I have experience of their business.

So you'll only contribute if you can get it right away?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I read all these people saying they won't contribute because of this or that or this or that.

Point is, all KS tables have been delivered (some were delayed yes) unless the table for some reason hasn't been released for a new platform (or 360), and with the exception of TZ being too easy (not for me anyway), they were extremely well done.

Frankly, if you care about the table being in the collection at all, one should contribute, because if this KS doesn't succeed...well, that's it, no Addams Family in TPA, ever.

Frankly, I don't think it's going to matter, this one is likely going to fly through the funding, like TZ and STTNG. People keep going back and comparing this to the T2 Kickstarter and it's really a night and day difference. T2's KS was received with a lukewarm reception from the beginning. It's not the company's reputation that caused it to only barely coast by but the fact that the table wasn't one that was clamored over like the other two and TAF. Hell, this one could even hit a strech goal or two.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I read all these people saying they won't contribute because of this or that or this or that.

Point is, all KS tables have been delivered (some were delayed yes) unless the table for some reason hasn't been released for a new platform (or 360), and with the exception of TZ being too easy (not for me anyway), they were extremely well done.

Frankly, if you care about the table being in the collection at all, one should contribute, because if this KS doesn't succeed...well, that's it, no Addams Family in TPA, ever.

Frankly, I don't think it's going to matter, this one is likely going to fly through the funding, like TZ and STTNG. People keep going back and comparing this to the T2 Kickstarter and it's really a night and day difference. T2's KS was received with a lukewarm reception from the beginning. It's not the company's reputation that caused it to only barely coast by but the fact that the table wasn't one that was clamored over like the other two and TAF. Hell, this one could even hit a strech goal or two.

I agree 100%...especially with your last two sentences. There's a lot of people out there that have waited over 15 years for someone to pick up the pieces after Digital Eclipse failed to deliver a digital port of The Addams Family pinball table on the N64 back in 1999.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Weren't both Wii U and 360 both platforms available to people in the T2 kickstarter?

Because if so, they should probably focus on getting those out first before another one.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Weren't both Wii U and 360 both platforms available to people in the T2 kickstarter?

Because if so, they should probably focus on getting those out first before another one.

They can just be more careful when offering the tables. If they held the KS up for any longer, I think fans would riot.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Did anyone explain yet why they can't just charge more for each download, make it a $10 table? Isn't that more honest?

because they will never sell enough for that to be profitable.

Farsight bosses should chip in too, as they will be making a fat profit on this. You lot giving them free money are very generous and altruistic, thank you, but I save my charity donation for people who need it

kickstarters aren't charity, and nobody is claiming they are, so you can drop that straw man.

it's pretty simple: FarSight gets hounded every day for The Addams Family. They know they can't pay for the license themselves and still turn a profit on the table (they have a really good idea at this point in the product's life regarding how many of each table they're going to sell). It'd be irresponsible for FarSight to develop a table they know they're going to lose money on. So they say to us, "we will make it, if people want it badly enough to help subsidize it." There's no reason for us to expect a company to build a product they know they're going to take a loss on. nobody's forcing anyone to contribute. It's merely a question of how bad do people want The Addams Family in TPA.

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

End of this month is my tip
God I hope. I'm refreshing this forum and the Facebook page daily to see if the Kickstarter is up yet. Will contribute whatever tier will get me two pro tables.

Is the Gold Edition as a tier reward realistic? It's an official Bally release after all, not an aftermarket mod.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
A gold edition sounds more like selling then kickstarting.

I would not have a problem if they make taf, bring it out. And then 2 months later you can add the gold edition for again same full price.

I would buy both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts