The DLC is on XBox live!

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Probably too much hassle for this release though. Forza is a flagship Microsoft-published title. I can't really think of what would be the best way to handle it. It would be great if they could do the limited trial versions like on the phones.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm very impressed with all four tables. They look and play great! Funhouse is as fun as I remembered it as a kid and the light show on Cirqus is dazzling. Incredible job Mike and co! Can't wait for the next sets to come out down the road.

Jul 18, 2012
Picked up both table packs, so happy my 18 month old points card worked fine!

All the tables look great, Medieval Madness is strikingly different than the PHOF collection! But in a good way! I do like how the tables light up as you enter multi-ball. Looks very nice.

So great to finally play Cirqus Voltaire, the neon effect is awesome.

Looks like there may be a 6 to 8 week lag for new tables once the Android and IOS versions are out, but it seems to be worth the wait! Will be sticking with the 360 versions for sure.

Kudos to all the developers for the great work and also to the support team who wrangled with ms to get these fine table to us!!

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'll go and get my tin hat, because I'm about to mention that zen have demos for their new tables. I'll buy them anyway, but for others it may be a problem.
Can someone please say when the leaderboards are mended.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Picked up both table packs, so happy my 18 month old points card worked fine!

All the tables look great, Medieval Madness is strikingly different than the PHOF collection! But in a good way! I do like how the tables light up as you enter multi-ball. Looks very nice.

So great to finally play Cirqus Voltaire, the neon effect is awesome.

Looks like there may be a 6 to 8 week lag for new tables once the Android and IOS versions are out, but it seems to be worth the wait! Will be sticking with the 360 versions for sure.
Yes, that sounds right. Even though they (hopefully) ironed out all the submission difficulties, you still have 30 days for MS to approve it, and 2-4 weeks to find a spot in the lineup.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm hoping that gap will get smaller as Farsight gets more comfortable with what MS wants in their updates and the possible gotchas. Once they are confident that they will be able to get the updates approved they can start submitting new updates while the current update is waiting for a release slot (post approval).

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
I never thoughtful about, and I suppose most of us will just buy every dlc, but yeah, there no demo! Wth! That must be a first on XBLA?
Yeah, I purchased both packs in-game asap, so I didn't notice until I went looking for the marketplace URLs today. I know FS stated that their free table of month idea was a no go on Xbox, but I guess I still expected trials. Apples and oranges, but I keep thinking of TPA as another game hub like FX2, HFGN, and Game Room.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
But holy smokes, Cirqus Voltaire... THE NEON.
So I'm fairly sure the neon tube has cost me 20 to 30 million points so far because I was staring at it instead of paying attention to the ball. It's just...so...beautiful, and I'm at a loss for words to describe Neon Multiball. (Strike-an-Arc Multiball puts on a good show, too.)

Well done, FarSight, take a bow!

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoy it and that pack 2 is now out.

Don't forget there are 6 other neon colors, each time you play it'll pick a random one.

Enjoy
So, I got back from vacation and finally downloaded the two patches, and bought table pack #2, first avoiding #1 because of the Medieval Madness flipper gap.

And HOLY COW. Funhouse and Circus Voltaire... Mike, if you did that lighting, you're a real artist. I had my doubts, and was at first very disappointed in how Pinball Arcade looked, but here, the tables are at the same time very bright, with the background art being very clear, but they also have gorgeous "arcade" lighting, and they're also ultra readable. And the dynamic camera is nearly perfect. Really, I can't get over how GOOD those two tables look. You can feel the light coming from the table. The illusion you're in an arcade or in a bar with a real table is magical.

And they play great.

In fact, I was so impressed that I bought pack #1 despite what I said previously here. It's interesting because we can see the chronology from the updated base tables (they look OK), pack #1 (really better) and pack #2 (AMAZING). Will the base tables and pack #1 be updated visually, and also solve the Medieval Madness gap (which really impacts gameplay, BTW)?

In any case, I just wanted to congratulate you, and tell you your work has renewed my confidence in Farsight and your product. Hats off to you.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Crap. I was only going to get MM/BoP as neither Funhouse nor CV did much for me, but if they look *that* good... damn.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
heresy!!! ;)
I'm a Ritchie fan first and foremost... much prefer flowing games to stop-start ones. I can't remember what the doco was (Special When Lit maybe?) but watching slow, calculated games played by people like Sheats just didn't look all that fun... sure, they're high scoring but are rarely thrilling. I want loops and ramps not targets and toys :)
It's taken far too long for us to be blessed with a Ritchie game in Black Knight. I can only hope for more of them far, far more frequently. Firepower, Flash, High Speed, Getaway... I don't care. Just gimme ;)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
If the second kickstarter ever happens, you should get ST:TNG at some point. Although the video they posted earlier about that fundraiser has since been pulled. Maybe they decided against it?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Oh, I'm definitely getting it. And there's no way it'd be pulled... not after they said the extra money they'd get would go towards it.

In fact, there's one IRL on eBay that's going for a little over AU$4k... damn tempted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If the second kickstarter ever happens, you should get ST:TNG at some point. Although the video they posted earlier about that fundraiser has since been pulled. Maybe they decided against it?

The video was pulled by FarSight because it was meant to be made available when the ST:TNG Kickstarter Project launched and they mistakenly made it available to the public when they uploaded it to YouTube. The launch of the ST:TNG Kickstarter Project is imminent.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The video was pulled by FarSight because it was meant to be made available when the ST:TNG Kickstarter Project launched and they mistakenly made it available to the public when they uploaded it to YouTube. The launch of the ST:TNG Kickstarter Project is imminent.

Ah, I see. Excellent news! Thanks, P-dubya.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
So, I got back from vacation and finally downloaded the two patches, and bought table pack #2, first avoiding #1 because of the Medieval Madness flipper gap.

And HOLY COW. Funhouse and Circus Voltaire... Mike, if you did that lighting, you're a real artist. I had my doubts, and was at first very disappointed in how Pinball Arcade looked, but here, the tables are at the same time very bright, with the background art being very clear, but they also have gorgeous "arcade" lighting, and they're also ultra readable. And the dynamic camera is nearly perfect. Really, I can't get over how GOOD those two tables look. You can feel the light coming from the table. The illusion you're in an arcade or in a bar with a real table is magical.

And they play great.

In fact, I was so impressed that I bought pack #1 despite what I said previously here. It's interesting because we can see the chronology from the updated base tables (they look OK), pack #1 (really better) and pack #2 (AMAZING). Will the base tables and pack #1 be updated visually, and also solve the Medieval Madness gap (which really impacts gameplay, BTW)?

In any case, I just wanted to congratulate you, and tell you your work has renewed my confidence in Farsight and your product. Hats off to you.

Thanks. I didn't do the lighting, our lead artist did the lighting. All I did was setup the tech so he could set the values.

The flipper gap has been discussed here. I believe it's been fixed, not sure if it has been released in patches yet. I know it wasn't fixed yet when we submitted MM to Microsoft back in May.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks. I didn't do the lighting, our lead artist did the lighting. All I did was setup the tech so he could set the values.

The flipper gap has been discussed here. I believe it's been fixed, not sure if it has been released in patches yet. I know it wasn't fixed yet when we submitted MM to Microsoft back in May.
its only just now been fixed on iOS (while breaking the lights)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts