The Party Zone

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Who Wants To Party ?
8952-The-Party-Zone

I'm definitely in!Although being a PS3 player i'll show up for the AfterParty!But hey that can be the best part! :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
oh man........... why is everybody ignoring/forgetting Special Force and Party Animal?

Never heard of Party Animal, looked it up on IPDB... that table looks ugly!

Also, the first thing IPDB mentions is "First pinball game to have the sounds of a belch and a flushing toilet." Is that it's biggest claim to fame?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
don't judge the book by its cover. Artwork is typical for that era. But I like the sound, the animals and especially that drumming when starting a game.
Pretty fun game. And you can actually change the songs by hitting those 3 targets under the jukebox. The thing is, there would probably be some licencing issues with those.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I hope I'll enjoy Party Zone. I was never able to learn to like Dr. Dude no matter how much I played it, but this looks like it is more exciting and has more to do.

I really dislike those Bally games like Party Animals and Special Force. For whatever reason all the machines made with that CPU look and sound ugly to me, especially Party Animals. maybe my opinion would change if I played one, though.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
And that engineer is none other than Dennis Nordman, who also designed both Elvira tables, White Water, DM, and Indy500 among others.
That makes sense, all of those tables seemed really outdated when they came out. Now that I am older I get the Elvira thing but in 1989 as a 13 year old in the arcade I had no idea who she was, the art looked like some old woman with my grandmothers hairdo trying to look sexy.

Last edited:

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
... some old woman with my grandmothers hairdo trying to look sexy.

Ouch... taken slightly out of context... but ouch

Don't tell my dad you said that about Elvira! :)

Back in the day tho, Elvira and the Party Monsters was usually only good for a quarter or two until a "better" table freed up, these days I has it's place, anyways.....

Ouch ;)

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Ouch... taken slightly out of context... but ouch

Don't tell my dad you said that about Elvira! :)

Back in the day tho, Elvira and the Party Monsters was usually only good for a quarter or two until a "better" table freed up, these days I has it's place, anyways.....

Ouch ;)

My dad too but that is half of my point. My dad was way to old to be in a video arcade in 1987. And in 1990 I could either put 50 cents or even 75 cents for a single game of Dr Dude or I could play 3 games of Mortal Combat. By 1990 I remember the pinball only being played by the adults that worked at the arcade. Why someone would market a pinball machine in 1990 at teenagers made no sense. So many other designers were instead targeting the other locations that might want a pinball machine in their business, bars, diners, country clubs, hence all the billiards, golf, retro themes. Pinball could not compete as a money maker in an arcade with the high tech and much smaller video games.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Most of Nordman's designs are a tonne of fun (have to exclude Dr Dude from that, not a fan), so I'm looking forward to this one. I found a real one once, but the only chance I got to play it, it was out of order, then swiftly removed from the arcade. A real shame.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They should completely redo party zone by adding the likeness of andrew wk and use his I get wet album as the bgm. I guess the bloody nose pic of him may require pinball after dark, though.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Does anyone know if they got the song rights for pinball wizard and purple haze?

I'd imagine that would kick open the door for High Speed 2, Red and Ted, and Tommy.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Does anyone know if they got the song rights for pinball wizard and purple haze?

I'd imagine that would kick open the door for High Speed 2, Red and Ted, and Tommy.

Word on the street is HS2 is coming this season. Can't remember the thread, but the game glitched for one user when he was downloading tables and displayed the names of the next five table packs.

I suppose they could be subject to change, but HS2 was in there!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts