The Pinball Arcade XBLA Weekly Sales Tracker...Updated Every Sunday!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Week Ending : September 15, 2012 Sales Figures posted. Sorry for the delay, I should be back on track this coming Sunday with the weekly updates.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Week Ending : September 22, 2012 Sales Figures posted.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for doing this Slydogg. I wonder what the sales are like on the other platforms. It'd be interesting to see how much it has sold across all devices.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Week Ending : September 29, 2012 Sales Figures posted.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Gamecenter on the Iphone shows 9,500 people. So, is that accurate? Furthermore, does that include iPhone and iPad?

I actually scrolled through Farsights leaderboard for Theatre of Magic. The geek that I am, I scrolled down and down for about 30 minutes, and when I got to around 50,000 I accidentally pressed a button and lost count. But I was pretty close to the bottom. So if the actual number is, say, 55K for ALL other platforms combined, and if iOS accounts for 10k of that, that means 45k for PS3/Vita/Mac/Android combined. Assuming android is around the same as iOS, that's about 35K between PS3, Mac, and Vita.

All very rough "guesstimations", but I guess at the end of the day 21k is solid for 360, and sounds like PS3 is right around the same, unless I'm seriously underestimating Vita and Mac performance. I think it's safe to say Mac and Vita would be the weakest platforms, Vita sales in general are very low only around 2M WW, with most of that number coming from Japan.

All the doom and gloom over the TBA status of the DLC on 360 seems to be overblown. I thought maybe there was something to it considering title updates cost 40k on Xbox, but I've learned that PS3 title updates also cost 40k.

Does anyone know how many updates the 360 version has gotten? The first patch is free, it's only subsequent patches that cost the 40K. As for the optional update on 360, that adds the new lighting effects and (table fixes? Don't know). I have NO idea how optional updates work. To be honest, I've been gaming on 360 since 2005 and trust me, I'm pretty hardcore I own over 80 XBLA games, and probably 60 or so retail games spanning that time frame, and I have never ONCE seen a game that has an optional patch. Hopefully they did the optional patch because it didn't cost the same 40 thousand for a title update. Information relating to this would really help me/us better understand what's going on I think.

Also I want to add, if Farsight is smart, when PBA is all said and done, they would be smart to release a disc release that has all the content on it for 60 bucks. The Williams Collection is currently being sold, used, for around 40-60 bucks depending where you look. Again I follow new releases, and what I found strange about Williams collection is that when it first came out, I could not find it ANYWHERE. Not Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or any EB and I had checked around 5 Gamestops in my area, none of them carried it. That's shocking considering those same EB's all had at least 1 or 2 copies of stuff like Raiden 4, Raiden Aces, Death Smiles, Akai Katana... which are much more niche titles than a Pinball games collection. A properly distributed Pinball Arcade disc would do well at retail, I think, you'd be surprised how many Xbox and PS3 owners don't even bother to check out new XBLA and PSN stuff, or aren't even online connected at all.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Does anyone know how many updates the 360 version has gotten?
One, split into a required title update and an "optional" update due to its size. Amazingly, out of all the platforms, it has the fewest updates and the least issues. It just takes forever and a day to get anything new through MS's certification hell.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Does anyone know how many updates the 360 version has gotten? The first patch is free, it's only subsequent patches that cost the 40K. As for the optional update on 360, that adds the new lighting effects and (table fixes? Don't know). I have NO idea how optional updates work. To be honest, I've been gaming on 360 since 2005 and trust me, I'm pretty hardcore I own over 80 XBLA games, and probably 60 or so retail games spanning that time frame, and I have never ONCE seen a game that has an optional patch. Hopefully they did the optional patch because it didn't cost the same 40 thousand for a title update. Information relating to this would really help me/us better understand what's going on I think.

The optional patch is considered DLC and doesn't have a submission fee. And as Serenseven said, we split it because Microsoft has a size limit of 4MB for a title update. The optional patch is the assets for the launch tables (Textures, Models, Sounds, etc)

battlefield 3 has some HUGE optional patches... we are talking about 1.5+gig huge here :eek:

Oddly they also have a 100 MB title update. And on PC it's even worse, the patches are about 2.5GB. I think last time I checked my BF installation was almost 20GB on PC.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I should clarify that DLC that doesn't contain executable code has no submission fee. We keep all our code changes in the Title Update which requires a submission fee.

Each new table requires code to implement it's functionality. Even though it's rom emulated, we still need code to implement the special objects on the table. We could put the code in a DLL and put it with the DLC, but then MS would make us pay a submission fee and go through an entire cert process for each DLC we submit. So there would be no gain in doing that.

N

Nik Barbour

I should clarify that DLC that doesn't contain executable code has no submission fee. We keep all our code changes in the Title Update which requires a submission fee.

Each new table requires code to implement it's functionality. Even though it's rom emulated, we still need code to implement the special objects on the table. We could put the code in a DLL and put it with the DLC, but then MS would make us pay a submission fee and go through an entire cert process for each DLC we submit. So there would be no gain in doing that.

Mike, do you know yet & can you reveal, how xbox dlc is planned to be handled going forwards? ie Monthly / Bi-Monthly, and what anticipated lags it will have behind mobile releases.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Also I want to add, if Farsight is smart, when PBA is all said and done, they would be smart to release a disc release that has all the content on it for 60 bucks. The Williams Collection is currently being sold, used, for around 40-60 bucks depending where you look. Again I follow new releases, and what I found strange about Williams collection is that when it first came out, I could not find it ANYWHERE. Not Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or any EB and I had checked around 5 Gamestops in my area, none of them carried it.
I remember finally finding the Wii version on a rack of obscure off-brand games at FYE. I think that kind of bargain-bin world was Crave's accustomed distribution channel.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Now I see why Farsight is doing Kickstarters for licensed tables and trying to run this thing out on as many platforms as they can, bugs included.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Week Ending : October 06, 2012 Sales Figures posted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE XBLA weekly sales tracker for The Pinball Arcade discontinued.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.