The PS3 "super patch"

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
My life is not depending on this patch.

i can wait, but its killing me...

I found that funny
Sorry :p

Hopefully it'll get sorted and you'll have it before ya know it. I know it sucks waiting... even more so when others have it.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
For start, dont be rude. My life is not depending on this patch. Im just annoyed how information by farsight is delivered. Sometimes is forum, sometimes is facebook, and sometimes is nothing. I understand that this is not ea, that can dictate things, and make thing happens. But a bit of onesty would help.
First, one reable place for info, second info which is onest ( for shure, meybe, its not us- its depends from sony), for third... I love tpa, i mean no offence to farsight or to any user of this forum. For fourth, i can wait, but its killing me...
While frustration with FarSight's communications is unfortunately a common theme around here, lashing out at the FarSight employees who visit here misses the mark. They are the developers and testers and are not responsible for how FarSight communicates officially with the outside world.

If you are looking for a one-stop source of TPA info, consult the News Thread. We just found a successor for PinWiz, so it should start getting updated regularly again soon.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I found that funny
Sorry :p

Hopefully it'll get sorted and you'll have it before ya know it. I know it sucks waiting... even more so when others have it.

Hehehe, i hope it too. Ya know that is harder to wait when you have been informed that you going to have it tooday. Ok im chilling now, and waiting, i get used to it now :p

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I'm in the UK. I have been using a US PSN to get PA content from day one as the game was well delayed for Europe. Common in gaming. Stop moaning and do the same.

cak

Feb 18, 2013
Hehehe, i hope it too. Ya know that is harder to wait when you have been informed that you going to have it tooday. Ok im chilling now, and waiting, i get used to it now :p

Well, it might still be an April's Fool.
You know, what goes around comes around. :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you get PSN error 80710003 while trying to download tables it means that your game install queue has too many games waiting to be installed. For me it was Vita installs that I was waiting until the end to delete. I had to delete them and then resume installs. Sony only allocated a small chunk of memory to the XMB install queue. They keep you from overloading it before your PS3 would crash by not allowing you to download any more games and giving you this error code. I wish their error codes would be in English! :D

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hey spoonman,

You can adjust stereoscopic settings by holding the Triangle button and using the Left Analog stick to shift the images together or apart, it all depends on how you want to see it.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Wow.

If Monkeygrass is satisfied, it means that the megapatch is really a very good work.

Well, one more week to wait (or more) for us, europeans.

Tann, I am more than satisfied at this point. Still working thru everything, but this is what we've been hoping for. The flippers alone were worth the upgrade, and the art looks incredible. The physics are up to par and this essentially feels like the PS4 version without the dynamic lighting. Solid, solid work. I'm sure some things will pop up as we all get it and go thru it some more, but it feels fantastic and there is a definite, noticeable improvement all the way around. Worth the wait, indeed!

I'm having that issue with the CBW/El Dorado pack not "sticking". It wants to re-d/l every time. Everything else seems fine. I haven't bought Season 3 tables yet b/c I'm still going thru the first 2 seasons and enjoying the heck out of it!!

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Distinct volume is there!!!

Tried Cirqus Voltaire(its almost like a new table), Medieval Madness(more "vivid" I guess, and plays much softly in my opinion) and White Water(the bug is gone!!!)... flippers are fine too, but Ive never noticed that "OMG-level-lag"....

Well, looks like this is it!!! Im back into pin bussiness!!! Thanks FS!!!

OFF: Black Rose and Fish Tales are great too, didnt played too much since Im dowloading all the tables(add them all via browser Store and removed all the Vita versions in Download Queue)... PC version can be the deal to try tables first, but definetly PS3 is my place...

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Tann, I am more than satisfied at this point. Still working thru everything, but this is what we've been hoping for. The flippers alone were worth the upgrade, and the art looks incredible. The physics are up to par and this essentially feels like the PS4 version without the dynamic lighting. Solid, solid work. I'm sure some things will pop up as we all get it and go thru it some more, but it feels fantastic and there is a definite, noticeable improvement all the way around. Worth the wait, indeed!

I'm having that issue with the CBW/El Dorado pack not "sticking". It wants to re-d/l every time. Everything else seems fine. I haven't bought Season 3 tables yet b/c I'm still going thru the first 2 seasons and enjoying the heck out of it!!

Is there even an update for that pack? There isn't on Vita.....

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
How is 3d? Its giving nice pop, without noticable ghosting?

It looks great! Makes me really feel like I'm sitting in front of a real machine. It looked terrible at first and I was really disappointed but then I realized that my TV reverted to default settings when I put it into game mode AND 3D. It considered that a different mode than just game more so I had to set my preferences. Once I set everything correctly the crosstalk was minimal. I only see crosstalk when I look at the side rails against the back wall or floor. I don't notice it on the table much at all. There is some crosstalk but it's not bad. I don't know if the amount of crosstalk varies by TV but it looks great to me!

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Is there even an update for that pack? There isn't on Vita.....

It wants to d/l an update, and does. Then when you go to launch it (post-install), it says "there is a new version... blah blah" and does it all over again.

FS has already said there were some package issues so I think it's a PSN thing. It's cool there's dozens of other updated tables to play now, and I still have to get BR and FT!!

#HappyMonkey

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts