The PS3 "super patch"

Bargleday

Jan 31, 2014
El Dorado and Cue Ball Wizard both refuse to update properly even after downloading and installing their pack twice. At least WH2O works again. Hopefully some workaround is found.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hey spoonman,

You can adjust stereoscopic settings by holding the Triangle button and using the Left Analog stick to shift the images together or apart, it all depends on how you want to see it.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Maybe you guys can integrate that into the menu. A 3D Slider is very important for extended gaming sessions while using active shutter 3D lenses.
I don't know anyone who can play for more than 30 minutes with it set to the (larger separation). highest depth.

The main menus and text is still way off even when changing the settings.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
El Dorado and Cue Ball Wizard both refuse to update properly even after downloading and installing their pack twice.
Ditto! I noticed that the file size on the PS3 version is the same as the Vita version. I'm beginning to wonder if the PS3 file is just a copy of the Vita file.

mastercontrol65

Feb 8, 2014
Cirqus Voltaire Issue.....

(Yellow)Dome lights are no longer working with this new patch... is there a way to get them to work again? Other than that everything is working GREAT!!!!!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Does it still hold 60fps in 3D?

Also does Black Knight have rom emulation now?

Black Knight isn't likely to have emulation until after the mobile get it.

I sampled all of the tables and while I was pleased overall, I have a few minor gripes.

1. The El Dorado/Cue Ball Wizard redownload bug prevents you from playing either table.
2. Volume Settings do not load after exiting and restarting the game, even though it says it is saving after you make changes to it.
3. Someone said that the custom ball bug is still there. I didn't check this yet, but it still should be fixed.
4. The pop bumpers. They seem better on Attack From Mars and Firepower, but they still don't work well on Genie.
5. Last, but not least, I would like to point out that the tables that looked dull now look fantastic. But Black Knight, while slightly improved (you can now see the lighter orange around the sword in the middle and you can now sorta see the multipliers when lit), it still looks bright red. Same thing on Genie, where I didn't notice any art changes.

However, if Farsight gets the Black Knight emulation done soon, I will forgive them for the bright colors. Deal? :p

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
It looks great! Makes me really feel like I'm sitting in front of a real machine. It looked terrible at first and I was really disappointed but then I realized that my TV reverted to default settings when I put it into game mode AND 3D. It considered that a different mode than just game more so I had to set my preferences. Once I set everything correctly the crosstalk was minimal. I only see crosstalk when I look at the side rails against the back wall or floor. I don't notice it on the table much at all. There is some crosstalk but it's not bad. I don't know if the amount of crosstalk varies by TV but it looks great to me!

Great to hear this! This patch seems like a job well done.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
When I try and download the update for some of the tables it says there is no items that you can purchase at this time. Anyone else have this issue. other tables downloaded fine.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
When I try and download the update for some of the tables it says there is no items that you can purchase at this time. Anyone else have this issue. other tables downloaded fine.

Yes, this happened to me. I just went to the PSN store and updated all of the tables from there. It works for every table pack except for El Dorado/Cue Ball Wizard

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Same thing on Genie, where I didn't notice any art changes.
:p

Nonsense. Genie's colors are much more muted. The sky blue of the upper table is really noticeable.

Wife and I were impressed with Medieval Madness. You can really see more artwork detail.

Gorgar's sound fx are off as default so you have to move the slider. That sucks.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Some differences I've noticed with the update.

Did we ever get a yes or no on a possible changelog for this patch? They must have a checklist of what was address, one would think.

Anyway.. here's what I can tell has changed. I will only list the things that I know for sure have changed...

CIRQUS VOLTAIRE
The screen is much brighter and looks fantastic. Perhaps they are using a higher resolution scan?
The neon reflects on the insides of the table (nice effect!)
The whole table feels less floaty and much more fluid.
Ringmaster looks more 3D and polished looking.

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Probably the best looking table now!
Sharper table graphics
Rails look more golden and now cast shadows onto table
Ramps cast light differently and are a deeper red

DR DUDE
Wow! The colors really pop on this.
Not much else noticed.

HARLEY DAVIDSON
Table contrast and color saturation has been adjusted. No more "pale rider" ;)

STAR TREK TNG
Table is no longer giving off a pink hue
The table is much brighter and colors more vivid
The gamer angle for probe launching has been improved

TEE'D OFF
No more pink hue
Palm trees look improved

T2 JUDGEMENT DAY
Colors are more accurate.

TWILIGHT ZONE
Better colors (no more pink hue)
Pop bumpers have a better than texture and look better when lit. They have a shiny 3D look to them.
Metal ramp looks improved
Gumball machine looks awesome now!

WHITE WATER
It no longer crashes the PS3! :)
Table graphics are much cleaner
Colors are more accurate

BLACK KNIGHT
No more scorch mark on the playfield!
Balls don't travel through the table.

CACTUS CANYON
Improved colors
Better camera angles (you can now clearly see the right outlane.
Guns look better (might be from better lighting?)

NO GOOD GOPHERS
Contrast and muted colors were adjusted.
The playing field might be a little bit too dark compared to other tables.
Ramps are a nicer and more colorful shade of blue.

A couple tables that now stick out as needing work:

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON:
There are a lot of low resolution images on the playfield. (Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane are very blurry)

TAXI
Something still seems off with this one.
As with many others, the colors are more vivid, but the table graphics still seem rough. Having seen a Taxi machine in real life I know it should be better than this.

MEDIEVAL MADNESS
The flipper gap still seems very large to me compared to the real machine.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Just got home from work a little bit ago......tried to update the rest of the tables that I couldn't get to before work. I have all Season 1 + 2, so I just had too much to DL before work.......tried to finish after work.......

So am I to understand that Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado are now unplayable on PS3 because it refuses to update them, until a fix is released, or the proper files added to PSN? I see a few replies that suggest this. For the record, I'm having the exact same issue with those two tables. When you DL the table pack directly from PSN, it makes you select a version. I tried both....nope. Through the UI is just the "update table" and "nothing to purchase" loop.

This is normal for everyone in the USA? Just trying to clarify.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I only quickly gave a sampling to everything, but I concur, so much has been improved. Thank you FarSight for listening and implementing this patch.

I did notice on Firepower that I wasn't able to change the lit lanes spelling out F-I-R-E. Anybody else experience that?
Genie no longer hurts my retinas, yippy.
Pop bumpers work so much better on those tables where they were lacking.

The patch was well worth the wait. I feel like it's giving a 2nd life to some of these tables. Did anyone think to take screen shots of before the patch? Would be awesome if somebody could show before and afters so everyone that isn't a PS3 user can see exactly what FarSight has been able to do.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
All I have to say is... I chose a good week to take off from work. Just a coincidence as this is my b-day week.

The F-I-R-E rollover was working fine for me

Agreed on the ball skins issue. Like, should a white ball be pink while playing firepower even in areas that are not red? It'd be cool if the ball had more reflection.

Any fuzziness that spoonman mentioned, I haven't noticed. Taxi is the most noticeable color change to me. It'd be easier for me to tell the differences if I had the ps3 packs for longer. I was only playing on my iPhone 4 for the longest time. But since I've got a ton of time, I'll try to find more differences. Sorry to the EU users, also CBL and ED can wait (for me). It helped quite a lot to hear what people were saying in this thread about the best way to download, so thx guys and FS. If I'd've just gone into it all willy-nilly, I'm sure I'd've gotten all frustrated.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Genie no longer hurts my retinas, yippy.
1292033653475ae417495bdhard_rock_hallelujah.jpg

wolfson

May 24, 2013
fellas AUS.is part of EU big deal what`s another week we`ve waited this long,it`s not the end of the world !!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts