The PS3 "super patch"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
In the last PC update:

- Added sound volume settings

Requested for console version since... the launch.:(

I hope it will be included in the megaton-super-mega-patch...

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Let's hope so... it was included in PHoF on previous consoles.

In this case though instead of just "table sounds" I'd like the electronics generated (music & samples) and the "game sounds" (bumpers, flippers, ball hitting stuff) to be separate.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In the last PC update:

I've gone ahead and asked this on Facebook. I saw a week or two ago when it was asked there for the PC version, and they replied that they'd add it--I replied to their reply and said it would be great to have for console versions too, but I don't think FB tells you about replies to your replies...anyway they didn't respond at the time.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Let's hope so... it was included in PHoF on previous consoles.

In this case though instead of just "table sounds" I'd like the electronics generated (music & samples) and the "game sounds" (bumpers, flippers, ball hitting stuff) to be separate.

In the last PC update, it's just an "overall" sound setting? Like you, I hope for "separate" settings (like in PhOF if I remember correctly: music and/or SFX).

I've gone ahead and asked this on Facebook. I saw a week or two ago when it was asked there for the PC version, and they replied that they'd add it--I replied to their reply and said it would be great to have for console versions too, but I don't think FB tells you about replies to your replies...anyway they didn't respond at the time.

Thanks for the info. Crossed fingers.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
In the last PC update:

Totally read:
G1-Megatron_1301774239.jpg

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
They replied to my new post asking about volume control: The Pinball Arcade We'll look into adding it for the consoles

Erf, bad news... So, it won't be included in the supa-dupa-mega-patch... considering all the others requested tweaks (dual-stage flipper on/off, camera event on/off), added several months after the request, maybe we will get sound settings... in 2015. :eek:

Whatever, thanks smbhax, for all the infos you get from FS facebook.:)

@warhOg: :D Megaton!

> If you've been paying attention to the rumour mill lately, you've no doubt heard of that seven letter word, megaton. And also no doubt, you're sick of it. For those of you don't know what it is, you're about to find out. In short though, megaton was the name of a rumour circulating around the possibility of a huge Nintendo announcement by year's end (2002).
http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=153

In 2002, those were the days.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
A volume control wouldn't require a mega-patch change, since it wouldn't be altering DLC content.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In the last PC update, it's just an "overall" sound setting? Like you, I hope for "separate" settings (like in PhOF if I remember correctly: music and/or SFX).

Thanks for the info. Crossed fingers.

In the PC version, there are now three sound sliders: Table Music, Sound FX, and Menu Music.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So.. about that Hyper-Mega-Super-Massive-Turbo Patch. Any news?
From what I recall in the interview Bobby said something to the effect of around Christmas, or maybe sooner.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
what about the 2nd part of that tournament we were suppose to have? we established GOLD class from the silvers and......still waiting :(

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
More recently, they said on Facebook that it probably wouldn't be released before the end of December because of the holiday rush. My guess is it will part of the pack 19/20 update in Mid-late January.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
More recently, they said on Facebook that it probably wouldn't be released before the end of December because of the holiday rush. My guess is it will part of the pack 19/20 update in Mid-late January.

Unfortunately, you're right.

The megapatch will be released in January... maybe.

Since we first released the Season One tables on PS3 and PS Vita, we’ve been making fixes and improvements to our engine and each table. These fixes will soon be released for those platforms in a big patch that should be out in January. The PS4 version will get this updated gameplay on day one.

> http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/16/pinball-arcade-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/

No Xmas gift for PS3/Vita owners. :(

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
why do I keep forgetting that whenever FS gives a date or month it never happens in that time frame? Oh yeah because its soooo long for anything to happen on PS3 period. 1st half "SILVER TOURNAMENT" October and claimed the second part of the tournament would be the next month, well that month has come and gone and were mid December...maybe they meant NEXT YEAR!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts