Request The true "Earn a Credit" sound (SHHHTACK!)

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
First of all, welcome to the forum.
Thanks! I feel welcome!

Second, your family owns an arcade???
Yeah, my dad opened a golf practice range back in '77, but put ~10 arcade games, 5 pinball machines, and 8 pool tables in the pro shop. I was born a year later. Many a classic table passed through our little shop over the next 15 years.
I didn't play a lot of pinball back in the '80s & '90s, but I'd spend HOURS gazing at playfield and translite artwork, the dances of the lights, soaking in the unique aura of each machine.

Back around '94 we shut down the arcade, but built a separate family entertainment center two years later. In the transition, I came out ahead to the tune of a free, albeit neglected TMNT pinball with a broken display. I've been VERY slowly restoring it over the last several years, using it to fuel my passion for a long dormant love I didn't even know I had.

Sadly, we haven't had a table in our arcade for the last decade (it ain't my call!). But just as there's now a trend in indie gaming for "retro" chip tunes a la NES & Atari 2600 music, I believe that some day we will realize that interacting with taps on fancy glass screens is a soulless process; and on that day I pray we see the return of the sensuality that is pinball.
(hang in there, Stern...)

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my introduction. Anyway, yeah. Getting pinball sounds wrong (or not fully right) isn't like McDonald's forgetting the cheese on your Quarter Pounder. Pinball is SERIOUS BUSINESS! Lives may very well be at stake!

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks! I feel welcome!

Yeah, my dad opened a golf practice range back in '77, but put ~10 arcade games, 5 pinball machines, and 8 pool tables in the pro shop. I was born a year later. Many a classic table passed through our little shop over the next 15 years.
I didn't play a lot of pinball back in the '80s & '90s, but I'd spend HOURS gazing at playfield and translite artwork, the dances of the lights, soaking in the unique aura of each machine.

Back around '94 we shut down the arcade, but built a separate family entertainment center two years later. In the transition, I came out ahead to the tune of a free, albeit neglected TMNT pinball with a broken display. I've been VERY slowly restoring it over the last several years, using it to fuel my passion for a long dormant love I didn't even know I had.

Sadly, we haven't had a table in our arcade for the last decade (it ain't my call!). But just as there's now a trend in indie gaming for "retro" chip tunes a la NES & Atari 2600 music, I believe that some day we will realize that interacting with taps on fancy glass screens is a soulless process; and on that day I pray we see the return of the sensuality that is pinball.
(hang in there, Stern...)

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my introduction. Anyway, yeah. Getting pinball sounds wrong (or not fully right) isn't like McDonald's forgetting the cheese on your Quarter Pounder. Pinball is SERIOUS BUSINESS! Lives may very well be at stake!
if you still have real pins in that arcade or family center i sure wish you were near me and the token exchange is very reasonable if your still charging one token per game . Sadly where i am located now two miles up the road in the 80s was a pretty good sized pin / video arcade folded around '89 or '90 along with many other area arcades. With the lack of a real arcade the tap screen world is the next best thing as i can hold 100 virtual tables in the palm of my hand. EDIT: i reread your post i see you do not have any pins in your arcade .

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts