timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
We all know that sony and ms may have a word or two about the release date.

Big players like Activision & Rockstar Games have contracts for exclusive content,
but tiny Farsight and tpa ... I doubt that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ha, well I got a response rather quickly:

"The good news is that it's essentially done. That was the basis for the Xbox One rendering tech. We just need (the time and the person) to implement that new code into the PC/Steam build. :)"

I emailed back asking if there's an ETA on that, but haven't received a reply yet.

Responding in GIFs makes me feel like Bumblebee from the transformers movies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Responding in GIFs makes me feel like Bumblebee from the transformers movies.
XS5LK.gif

priested

Nov 7, 2013

"The good news is that it's essentially done. That was the basis for the Xbox One rendering tech. We just need (the time and the person) to implement that new code into the PC/Steam build. :)"

I emailed back asking if there's an ETA on that, but haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks! That does sound promising. This is probably as good of info as we are going to get out of Farsight. Hopefully it will come shortly after the XBox One version is released.

R

Rhandos

This makes me really happy! Time to load up my Steam wallet… :D

But isn't new lightning not only the new engine, but also an update to every single table with new point lights, linking GI lights to the emulated roms, etcetc.? That might still take a while.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Got a response back about the ETA. Sounds like it's probably gonna be a few more months, unless something changes.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Got a response back about the ETA. Sounds like it's probably gonna be a few more months, unless something changes.
God damnit. The way it sounded, it was going to be like flicking a switch or something.

But hey, at least the XB1 owners are sorted, right?

:(

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Sorry Farsight but this game is dying for me right now.

Lack of significant progress on the PC format coupled with crazy prices = lower sales.

I've got 10-12 AAA titles in my Steam library all purchased for around £5 each. The incentive to drop £70 - £90 on the three season packs just isn't there for most people.

Hell, we're still asking about an update to the floor texture... We're still having to faff around in graphics drivers to rotate the display... DX11?

AAA or TPA?

I love pinball and I love TPA, but Farsight, right now my money is going elsewhere.

And I really want to spend it on TPA for the PC.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Negative nannies ;)

Guys, the focus is obviously on the Xbox one port to get done first; it's where the early money is and the development of it then can feed off towards the pc as a bonus. So until the Xbox one is released, it ain't going to happen and I don't blame Farsight one bit, they need to pay bills, right? If they don't then we certainly WON'T be getting this dx11 update.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Negative nannies ;)

Guys, the focus is obviously on the Xbox one port to get done first; it's where the early money is and the development of it then can feed off towards the pc as a bonus. So until the Xbox one is released, it ain't going to happen and I don't blame Farsight one bit, they need to pay bills, right? If they don't then we certainly WON'T be getting this dx11 update.

I don't really care about DX11 to start yelling either way, but that's kind of a problematic attitude. Focusing on whatever new platform (PS4, now Xbone) and using that as an excuse to leave released platforms to get the scraps later or whatever your post seems to imply feels a little bit scummy to me. If that is actually the case I sure as hell would blame FS for it. I don't know what's going on so I won't.

Bruno

Apr 30, 2014
I think I should have wait until 2015 before throwing money at Farsight. I already paid for season 3, but I don't even care about upcoming tables anymore. I'm just sick of the lack of DX11, the bad textures, the ugly menu, the blurriness when PP is on, the broken friend leaderboards, broken Twilight Zone, bugs and crashes, etc. They only release a patch every 5-6 weeks, fixing a few bugs are and there only to create new ones.

This game is an early access beta, we are beta testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts