timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but didn't they say that DX 11 will be finished the same time as when the Xbox One version releases?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but didn't they say that DX 11 will be finished the same time as when the Xbox One version releases?
Possibly recently, but when DX11/advanced lighting was announced, the One wasn't even on the radar for a TPA launch (I don't think).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Hmm that fact that they design a new lighting tech which was debuted in High Speed would suggest that DX11 is no where near ready to be released otherwise why would they waste resources on this new lighting tech if DX 11 was only around the corner?

Im saying late Q4 2014 at the earliest for DX11 to be implemented!

Not that I know what is happening really but that's not really a very sound logical chain considering a majority of their platforms can't handle anything remotely similar to DX11 lighting effects. Of course they're going to try and pretty the old style lighting system up too when possible.

R

Rhandos

+1 on buying seasons 2 and 3 when the new lightning gets released.

By the time this dx11 patch will be released dx12 will already be out lol
DX11 is more of a synonym here for advanced lightning, i.e. working GI/real light sources/no fake reflections. The version number doesn't really matter in this context.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
DX11 is more of a synonym here for advanced lightning, i.e. working GI/real light sources/no fake reflections. The version number doesn't really matter in this context.

The version number certainly does matter.
Because they plan to do effects which are only possible with DX 11.

DX 11.1 & DX 11.2 are only available for Windows 8 / 8.1 and would alienate a lot of customers.
So, it will be DX 11.

(unfortunately not OpenGL)

PS: Brakel, there we have another lightning.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hmm that fact that they design a new lighting tech which was debuted in High Speed would suggest that DX11 is no where near ready to be released otherwise why would they waste resources on this new lighting tech if DX 11 was only around the corner?

Not that I know what is happening really but that's not really a very sound logical chain considering a majority of their platforms can't handle anything remotely similar to DX11 lighting effects. Of course they're going to try and pretty the old style lighting system up too when possible.

I agree with JPalter. My sense of the new "lighting" on High Speed was more of a new "trick" they could pull off with their engine. After building 40+ tables the designers likely have figured out new thing they can do to. In this case the "lighting" just looks to be pallet swapping.

I don't get the sense that its a way to delay DX11 either.

It would be cool if they could add the pallet swapping to one old table a month. It would be a noticeably significant change.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Getting very tired of this... some reliable information would be great.

P.s: I don’t think we'll see anything improveduntil they released xbone.
Hopefully after that no one else releases another console and FS gets their stuff together and find the way out of the platform-jungle they created.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I agree with JPalter. My sense of the new "lighting" on High Speed was more of a new "trick" they could pull off with their engine. After building 40+ tables the designers likely have figured out new thing they can do to. In this case the "lighting" just looks to be pallet swapping.

I don't get the sense that its a way to delay DX11 either.

It would be cool if they could add the pallet swapping to one old table a month. It would be a noticeably significant change.

Well the thing is this new lighting tech is only ON the PC version, no other versions use it

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Mikes last comment in this thread really did not address DX11 and only said he was working on cabinet features in his spare time. DX11 is not a cabinet feature. Earlier he said that DX11 would come before cabinet features. So I'm a bit confused at this point. Are they even working on DX11? I would assume so but if so, why did Mike ignore the issue in his last post and just talk about cabinet? It would help to know some better info. It has been 6 months and, again, this was a feature touted at release so I don't think it is unreasonable to ask them to comment on where they are in the process and when we should expect to see something.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
For the record, Mike Reitmeyer is not responsible for DX 11 / advanced lighting.

I think Steve (or Steven) Z. works on lighting, but, as far as I know, he doesn't have an account on this forum.

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
When will PA be released on XBox One
That will give us a hint when dx11 will be released on PC

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Getting very tired of this... some reliable information would be great.

P.s: I don’t think we'll see anything improveduntil they released xbone.
Hopefully after that no one else releases another console and FS gets their stuff together and find the way out of the platform-jungle they created.

*swings machete around*

Joking aside...

There isn't much information to give out. We can't give any ETA's for the update (for various reasons). :/

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well the thing is this new lighting tech is only ON the PC version, no other versions use it

It will be on the 360 and ps3 versions when they drop. It won't be on the mobiles. It's really just an alpha plane trick they implemented.

Mikes last comment in this thread really did not address DX11 and only said he was working on cabinet features in his spare time. DX11 is not a cabinet feature. Earlier he said that DX11 would come before cabinet features. So I'm a bit confused at this point. Are they even working on DX11? I would assume so but if so, why did Mike ignore the issue in his last post and just talk about cabinet? It would help to know some better info. It has been 6 months and, again, this was a feature touted at release so I don't think it is unreasonable to ask them to comment on where they are in the process and when we should expect to see something.

Someone at Farsight thinks it is reasonable. And I've said before. Our community here has shown that we don't deserve ETAs because if something gets delayed people tend to go ballistic and talk about Farsight's incompetence

I can tell you right now with 100 percent certainty when we will see advanced lighting:

When. It's. Done.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just to clarify, I'm not the engine programmer, so I'm not the one doing DX11. So I can't speak for where it's at or when it will be done.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
*loosing head*

Not that I started this or anything. but please don't tell us bs like the engine guy is on vacation or his hamster broke his toe. My guess is you are already done anyway.
We all know that sony and ms may have a word or two about the release date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts