timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longi

May 30, 2013
Maybe this has been answered over the previous year or so, but are the textures going to be updated at all with the DX11 upgrade? Much higher quality ones would be appreciated, and if there is going to be a toggle to fall back to DX9 for performance reasons, let people with the horsepower enjoy some higher quality textures.

+1

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Maybe this has been answered over the previous year or so, but are the textures going to be updated at all with the DX11 upgrade? Much higher quality ones would be appreciated, and if there is going to be a toggle to fall back to DX9 for performance reasons, let people with the horsepower enjoy some higher quality textures.

Not only would higher resolution textures be appreciated, I think they should be high priority. The PC version is in dire need of some serious upgrades before it's too late.

My interest in TPA is almost zero at the moment. Hell, I'm even starting to load PFX2 back up!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I'd also highlight that the lack of quality or significant updates to the PC version has also caused me to reconsider on the TAF Kickstarter. And I'm not happy about that.

Something that may be common to other potential backers...

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Waiting for DX11 on the PC is nothing, think of those 9 Wii-U pinball fans. :(

And yes, i am one of them, i would not mind PBA on the Wii-U, off screen play would be fantastic, imagine having the rom screen and score on the gamepad while the table is on the TV, or portrait mode on the gamepad. so many possibilities. :)

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Not only would higher resolution textures be appreciated, I think they should be high priority. The PC version is in dire need of some serious upgrades before it's too late.

My interest in TPA is almost zero at the moment. Hell, I'm even starting to load PFX2 back up!

Especially as some of us are planning on upgrading to a 4K monitor. Going to be pretty disappointed if the textures do not look pin-sharp on that.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
You might want to consider doing what this kid did.

Nice!

We would only get the following press announcement:

October 3, 2423

Farsight studio is pleased to announce that Orbals 73 will be available for release this Christmas season. In addition, DX 11 PC support for The Pinball Arcade is set for release sometime during Q2 of 2424, and cabinet support in Q3. We are also proud to announce that Season 5 of TPA has been sent for certification to Microsoft and Sony.

We are also pleased to announce that this months table of the month is Jive Time and we can confirm that our next Kickstarter will be Indiana Jones with a target price of 2,000,000 bars of gold-pressed latinum.

Thanks for your continued support.

Farsight Studios

Just joking...or am I???

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Nice!

October 3, 2423

Farsight studio is pleased to announce that Orbals 73 will be available for release this Christmas season. In addition, DX 11 PC support for The Pinball Arcade is set for release sometime during Q2 of 2424, and cabinet support in Q3. We are also proud to announce that Season 5 of TPA has been sent for certification to Microsoft and Sony.

We are also pleased to announce that this months table of the month is Jive Time and we can confirm that our next Kickstarter will be Indiana Jones with a target price of 2,000,000 bars of gold-pressed latinum.

Farsight Studios

Just joking...or am I???
Hahahaha

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Will dx11 effect performence on slower pc's?

You'll need a GPU that supports dx11 and the new lighting engine will demand more GPU power. However, you don't have to use the dx11 lighting. You'll still be able to use dx9.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Nice!

October 3, 2423

Farsight Studios

Just joking...or am I???
You have been there!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
You have been there!

Yes......yes I have. The future is a dark and desolate place where TPA Black Knight is stilled played without ROM emulation and mobile phones and tablets still do not have adequate processing power to emulate Capcom tables. ;)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
You'll need a GPU that supports dx11 and the new lighting engine will demand more GPU power. However, you don't have to use the dx11 lighting. You'll still be able to use dx9.

Also, from my experience, DX11 runs a bit faster than DX9 in general. Not sure what the performance will be like on PC yet.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Also, from my experience, DX11 runs a bit faster than DX9 in general. Not sure what the performance will be like on PC yet.

Indeed, it should be interesting especially on low-end chipsets like the Atom Z3740. Maybe I will get lucky and even be able to turn ball reflections on, although I'm not sure if that is GPU, CPU, memory bandwidth bound or all the above.

Its just annoying to see Zen Pinball 2 work so well with ball reflections on my tablet but TPA cannot. Post processing and AA I can totally live without on that device, its just the flat textured balls that look odd, although it offsets a little if you use certain custom balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.