timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
We have DX11 running on PC, just not with all the high end lighting tech. Not sure where the engine guy is on that.
Nice to hear the engine is up to date, but this is exactly the reason I suggested earlier to rename this tread to timeframe on advanced lighting :)
It's all about that and it is not necessarily DX version dependend.
At least tesselation should make for some even rounder pop bumpers... :)

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
With FS indicating that they hoped XBone would be out prior to the holidays and season 2 not out on PS4. I would bet it will be at least well into next year before it shows up on the PC.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
From how it sounded, it was just a formality to put it on PC once the One version was done. But given how long it takes to approve via MS, does that mean we'll see it just shy of the One's platform launch, or does their exclusivity screw around PC users as well as PS4 users?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I think we have to focus on the engine guy, not xbone or ps4 releases. As I see it, the engine guy is done with the xbone version and has time to work on the PC now. Xbone still needs tuning and certification but there's nothing left to do for the engine guy. Bobby King told us few weeks ago, that he spoke to the engine guy to work on the pc version now. Once he is finished with the new lighting, Mike can build a new Steam release. Season 2 exclusivity on Xbone only affects PS4. Am I right? Mike knows the answer. Is he willing to tell us? I don't know. :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Sounds reasonable, but as stated before I guess there's some additional adjustment to be done for each table. Now every light bloom effect is faked in the post processing. This has to be removed or at least tuned down. Just switching out the engine would be too easy.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
True, the lighting fine tuning on every table is probably not part of the engine guys job.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I think we have to focus on the engine guy, not xbone or ps4 releases. As I see it, the engine guy is done with the xbone version and has time to work on the PC now. Xbone still needs tuning and certification but there's nothing left to do for the engine guy. Bobby King told us few weeks ago, that he spoke to the engine guy to work on the pc version now. Once he is finished with the new lighting, Mike can build a new Steam release. Season 2 exclusivity on Xbone only affects PS4. Am I right? Mike knows the answer. Is he willing to tell us? I don't know. :)

My understanding is exclusivity is PS4/Xbox One only. I'm not the business person so I don't know the details. Also, all seasons are out on Steam, so a lighting update isn't really the same as content release.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, I emailed Bobby this morning following up on what he said in the interview. I'll let you guys know when I hear back.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I can almost here an echo in here

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just emailed him again and got a quick reply back:

"I asked Mike R and James for an update. They're both swamped, but DX11 should be high on the to-do list. I'll let you know when I have some kind of estimate."

So it doesn't sound like it'll be any time soon :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.