Not open for further replies.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
four_seasons.gif

Sigh......

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't care about DX11? Pinball is for playing pinball. I don't care how colorful the lighting effects are. Fix the buggy unplayable tables before you spend effort on making it shinier.

The lighting of a pinball machine is a major part of the pinball experience in real life. As it is now on PC, it falls rather flat, especially when you look at the PS4 version.

TPA on PC really needs similar graphics to the PS4, otherwise there really isn't much to set it apart from VP.

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
The lighting of a pinball machine is a major part of the pinball experience. Right now it really falls flat.

TPA on PC really needs similar graphics to the PS4, otherwise there really isn't much to set it apart from VP.

I enjoy a light show as much as anyone, but after playing Black Knight and witnessing the ball fly through and out of the table, I'd rather keep the same lighting the PC version currently uses in exchange for fixing bugs and the hot mess that is Black Knight, as an example.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
People will REALLY have no reason to invest in the PS4 version if the graphics on PC get up to par.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
People will REALLY have no reason to invest in the PS4 version if the graphics on PC get up to par.

I realize your statement is tongue-in-cheek, but you could reverse that and it might make more sense. The console versions are more likely to stop people from investing in a PC.

I already have a nice, big HD TV. My video card cost as much as the PS4 when I bought it. :(

Still don't have any tournaments on the PC version.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I enjoy a light show as much as anyone, but after playing Black Knight and witnessing the ball fly through and out of the table, I'd rather keep the same lighting the PC version currently uses in exchange for fixing bugs and the hot mess that is Black Knight, as an example.

There's no reason we can't have both as it's not the same departments that work on those two separate things.

Iain

Jul 28, 2012

I play TPA on IOS, and PC and I recently got a PS4.

However, I really to think the PC is the best version by a mile and I am another that doesnt really care about lighting, I want good game play and something that plays well and imo the PS4 version is pretty weak and I am actually sorry I shelled out more money on season 1 for the PS4. to me the PS4 platform is a big disappointment and the audio on some tables, ie, Attack from Mars, is truly awful. There also seems to be some flipper lag at times on some tables which may only be a fraction of a second but it ruins the feel of the table and the fact you cant customize your own controls really sucks. Add that to a very limited selection of tables and I think its an easy choice that the PC will be my platform of choice even if we dont get updated lighting anytime soon.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I play TPA on IOS, and PC and I recently got a PS4.

However, I really to think the PC is the best version by a mile and I am another that doesnt really care about lighting, I want good game play and something that plays well and imo the PS4 version is pretty weak and I am actually sorry I shelled out more money on season 1 for the PS4. to me the PS4 platform is a big disappointment and the audio on some tables, ie, Attack from Mars, is truly awful. There also seems to be some flipper lag at times on some tables which may only be a fraction of a second but it ruins the feel of the table and the fact you cant customize your own controls really sucks. Add that to a very limited selection of tables and I think its an easy choice that the PC will be my platform of choice even if we dont get updated lighting anytime soon.

Audio is not gameplay either, but it contributes to the immersion experience just like lighting does.

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
Seriously doubt whether DX11 or proper cab support will ever eventuate. I had high hopes but have given up now - no more money from me for FS. Only time I even fire up this program anymore is if I'm bored at work for 5 minutes and have my ipad close. It's not even installed on my cab anymore.

Visual Pinball is where it's at.

For those who don't care about lighting - am I correct in assuming you probably haven't played a great deal of real pinball? For me it makes a huge difference - 99% of the time I play it's at night in a dark room where the pinball GI is pretty much the only lighting I see.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey this thread is for complaining about the lack of DX11! ;)

Seriously though, I think those who say they don't care will change their minds once they play with better lighting. It's hard for me to enjoy the PC version after playing it on PS4. It's sort of like playing NBA 2K or Madden on PS4 and then trying to go back to the PS3 version. Not happening! lol... on PC, I might as well just play VP, sad to say.

Farsight, it's been a year. Please show the PC community some much needed love. All we want for Christmas is DX11 and cab support! Heck, why not throw in multiplayer too? :D

Last edited:

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
They really did promise it ages ago already now....
I want it...while my PC can still run Windows would be good too...

If they wouldn't have let the cat out of the bag they would have been okay not fixing it up right away but the PS4 lighting is so much better anyone would be kidding themselves if they said they at least wouldn't like it added at some point.

I remember the community saying a while back "we'd be happy taking fewer tables released if they'd go back and polish all the bugs"..well that statement appears to be half true atm..

So we seem to be just hanging on one table at a time and although FS's back is against the wall, they don't exactly appear to be coming out swinging (yet).

Multiplayer? Sure! Sounds awesome! DX12 support with appropriate effects! Even better... my hopes of getting those by this time next year..not so much.

Ok, nuff grumbling...I do have to say that there are some glimmers of hope and some "new" faces such as Scumble are keeping me going, but it's really, really crunch time there guys at FS, time to break out the Pwnhammers!

At least toss us some crummy resolution streams of prototypes or something!! :p Oh yeah, wasn't there supposed to be a much needed UI overhaul in the works too? Sorry, I digress.

DX11 please.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Hey this thread is for complaining about the lack of DX11! ;)

Seriously though, I think those who say they don't care will change their minds once they play with better lighting. It's hard for me to enjoy the PC version after playing it on PS4. It's sort of like playing NBA 2K or Madden on PS4 and then trying to go back to the PS3 version. Not happening! lol... on PC, I might as well just play VP, sad to say.

Farsight, it's been a year. Please show the PC community some much needed love. All we want for Christmas is DX11 and cab support! Heck, why not throw in multiplayer too? :D
Jeff,i remember an old saying,calm before the storm,well here`s my hoping on a gut feeling.last table on pc no newsletter,i think XBOX1 and XBOX360 will be out November and then my mate ,they`ll do the lighting !!! by XMAS will be fantastic.you and I know how great it is on PS4 !!! HERE`S TO SOME HOPE !!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts