timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I don't think TPA needs to be more difficult ingeneral..but I think incorporating a tournament mode on PC that adjusts the settings like Pappa uses for their tourneys (no extra balls ,out lanes adjusted to be more punishing etc)would be a great idea to keep them shorter for those that participate but keep the simulation as close to standard for everyone else

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My faith has been restored in Farsight!

Here's Bobby's response:

"We're on track to add DX11 lighting into the March update.

Adding the gold ROM and a second leaderboard was done in anticipation of adding tournament difficulty settings and more leaderboards.

Adding the ROMs and leaderboards is not simple and we'll have to do it one table at a time.

Do you want to run a poll on the fans site to get people to vote for the top 8 tables for us to add a tournament difficulty setting for? Once we get this in, we'll have a tournament featuring those 8 tables.

I'm planning on us adding the difficulty settings / leaderboards into the PC build at the same time we add PC tournaments."

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for the info Jeff. I feel like doing the Happy-Happy Joy-Joy dance. Can't believe this is coming to fruition.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Really need TPA to be more difficult too. An adjustable slope would also be really nice. Also making this a Pro feature might make more people go for pro.

Possibly. What would make me go "pro" would be not having to pay $40/season to upgrade my previous seasons on Steam, as we currently do. This is where the PSN gets it right by allowing you to upgrade previous seasons for $10 per season.

Once that happens, then I'll consider going pro.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013

Here's Bobby's response:

Adding the gold ROM and a second leaderboard was done in anticipation of adding tournament difficulty settings and more leaderboards.

Adding the ROMs and leaderboards is not simple and we'll have to do it one table at a time.

Do you want to run a poll on the fans site to get people to vote for the top 8 tables for us to add a tournament difficulty setting for? Once we get this in, we'll have a tournament featuring those 8 tables.

I'm planning on us adding the difficulty settings / leaderboards into the PC build at the same time we add PC tournaments."

Thanks Jeff

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Now THAT is what I call a timeframe!
Despite it already being said that its gonna be short after taf, it is great to hear it confirmed again!

And the tournament stuff is super nice!

Too bad I can't join for the blahcade one, as I'm off trying to break my back snowboarding in the alps... (excuse, would have sucked anyeay).

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
So in roughly 3 weeks we will be finally getting dx11 if all goes to plan
Crosses fingers and toes

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013

Here's Bobby's response:

(SQEEEEEEEEE!!!!)

Thanks you Jeff. :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
good onya Jeff great news !!!! i`m going to MELBOURNE next week to see my son and his wife,hopefully by the time i get back we might have it.YABLOODYHOO !!!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Jeff,i`m sure i will.i`m going to my first sporting event in Melbourne the sporting capital of the world.they watch any sport that`s going around.:cool:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
thanks Jeff,i`m sure i will.i`m going to my first sporting event in Melbourne the sporting capital of the world.they watch any sport that`s going around.:cool:

Your right about it being the sporting capital
By the way how good was the cricket.Amazing match

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yep it was,great match.i go for both sides now as my grandson is half kiwi !!! :cool:

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.