timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The creators of TPA should ask this guy for help. This is what lighting on a PC pinball game should look like. A million times better than TPA and its only in Alpha stage. Shame on TPA...

Of course it's a million times better, because a million times more man-hours have been spent on its' development.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I never understood why FS would prioritize DX11 on Steam. If they make the Steam version look just as good as PS4 or even better less people would buy the PS4 version. I do think there are some hardcore TPA fans who purchased PS4 mainly because of TPA.

Assuming XBone is out prior to Christmas (I think this would be advantageous to FS) I can see DX11 Q1 '15. That would give XBone version some months without the Steam version competing with it graphically. Who knows though, FS might want to give XBone more time to gain sales and delay Steam DX11 version more to maybe Q4 '15.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I never understood why FS would prioritize DX11 on Steam. If they make the Steam version look just as good as PS4 or even better less people would buy the PS4 version. I do think there are some hardcore TPA fans who purchased PS4 mainly because of TPA.

Assuming XBone is out prior to Christmas (I think this would be advantageous to FS) I can see DX11 Q1 '15. That would give XBone version some months without the Steam version competing with it graphically. Who knows though, FS might want to give XBone more time to gain sales and delay Steam DX11 version more to maybe Q4 '15.

Wait until Q4 2015 for dx11.You gotta be kidding me.
We waited long enough
Not buying any season pass until dx11 comes out.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
The creators of TPA should ask this guy for help. This is what lighting on a PC pinball game should look like. A million times better than TPA and its only in Alpha stage. Shame on TPA...

get a hold of yourself you gotta be kidding 1 year no table,FARSIGHT a couple of years 52 tables.come in spinner !!!:p

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
DX 11 is old I want DX12 with Nvidia's global illumination.

12 isn't even slated to release for another year. Also they'd actually have to release a windows version worth using to go with it since I'm sure 7 won't support it.

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
DX 11 is old I want DX12 with Nvidia's global illumination.

No problem. Perhaps in the year 2020. On the bright side though, the Oculus will probably have an integrated plug you insert in the back of your head like the Matrix and it will seem like you are playing it in person.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Maybe with Oculas Rift I can be the ball :) Does Oculas Rift Consumer have shock built into it?

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
Maybe with Oculas Rift I can be the ball :) Does Oculas Rift Consumer have shock built into it?

If you mean force feedback, no. At least not implemented yet as far as i know. If you mean shock as in "electricity" surging through your body, no, but would be a welcomed addition. Especially if you're playing a Spiderman game and going up against Electro, it would be nice to suffer the consequences of playing like crap ;).

It would also be fun to play as the ball as in your suggestion with force feedback on the helmet that way your head would rattle every second of the second as you bounce off the bumpers. :p

scendr

Oct 29, 2014
Perhaps one day, they'll figure it out... They've already lost all momentum and whatever customer base XB had at one point - and now are jerking around the paying PC and PS4 customers.

Just... brilliant. Do they not understand how many sales they are costing themselves with this stuff? Sales on actual, real, RUNNING platforms? How can you prioritize vapor-ware, over paying customers on active platforms? smh
I bought Season 1 along with my initial purchase of the PC version of TPA. I'm waiting to buy any other tables until the PC version gets the attention it needs. It's crazy to me that the lighting is still so flat and bland on PC compared to the PS4 version -- we don't even have an option to turn down the ambient lights.

When the PC version gets proper attention, I'll gladly buy everything I've been waiting to play. I'll probably just buy every season pass! I won't spend money on an inferior version of the game, though -- or double-dip and purchase tables twice.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I bought Season 1 along with my initial purchase of the PC version of TPA. I'm waiting to buy any other tables until the PC version gets the attention it needs. It's crazy to me that the lighting is still so flat and bland on PC compared to the PS4 version -- we don't even have an option to turn down the ambient lights.

When the PC version gets proper attention, I'll gladly buy everything I've been waiting to play. I'll probably just buy every season pass! I won't spend money on an inferior version of the game, though -- or double-dip and purchase tables twice.

Interesting that you make these points in your first post. Quite telling of the general feeling towards the PC version, I believe.

Seems that many people are seeing it the same way.

In my opinion, the PC version should be the pinnacle of FarSight's vision for TPA.

Unfortunately the developers are tied to other commitments. DLC, DLC, DLC... Ghostbusters... Xbox One...

In the meantime, supportive PC owners are turning towards other visual pinball methods...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
The PC version is the far superior one to every other because you can run it in portrait mode. I went back to PS3 to check things out after 1.5 years of not playing that version and it's just insane how much difference little things like that, and not having flipper delay make. It's like a different game. I'm not really trying to make a ruckus or anything since I understand there are severe limitations on what you can do on the consoles, but I just wanted to note that it's just really miserable after getting used to PC.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
The PC version is the far superior one to every other because you can run it in portrait mode. I went back to PS3 to check things out after 1.5 years of not playing that version and it's just insane how much difference little things like that, and not having flipper delay make. It's like a different game. I'm not really trying to make a ruckus or anything since I understand there are severe limitations on what you can do on the consoles, but I just wanted to note that it's just really miserable after getting used to PC.

Yes, portrait mode is a good feature but we've been forcing screen rotate through the driver control panel for many months, when it should be part of TPA's configuration utility.

Just another example of lack of progress. As I said, I don't blame the developers as I believe they are juggling far too many balls.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't care about DX11? Pinball is for playing pinball. I don't care how colorful the lighting effects are. Fix the buggy unplayable tables before you spend effort on making it shinier.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't care about DX11? Pinball is for playing pinball. I don't care how colorful the lighting effects are. Fix the buggy unplayable tables before you spend effort on making it shinier.
I wouldn't say I don't care about DX11, but the lack of it is not stopping me from enjoying the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts