Not open for further replies.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
James
"who now gets all the complaints, which were formerly addressed to Mike"
Manning

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Mike "Everybody gives me ****, grief and harrasment over corporate decisions, just because I'm the dev nice enough to post me on the forums" Reitmeyer

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Here is to hoping for Addams Family with DX11 on day 1 and never looking back on last gen graphics.

Its to my understanding that this platform will be the only one which will backwards compatible, dx11 & non dx11. Will this extra work cause a delay to sync up table releases? I mean we,ve never seen the latest tables with dynamic lighting each month cause of review processes and such. Eg ps3 & ps4. Also how much longer does it take to finish and publish a table with extra lighting after the regular table is ready for steam? Will the table release schedule change or adapt with dx11 released shortly after each month?

If anyone wants to chime in and maybe reiterate what ive said better, by all means. In the end were gonna see some interesting stuff soon.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here is to hoping for Addams Family with DX11 on day 1 and never looking back on last gen graphics.

Its to my understanding that this platform will be the only one which will backwards compatible, dx11 & non dx11. Will this extra work cause a delay to sync up table releases? I mean we,ve never seen the latest tables with dynamic lighting each month cause of review processes and such. Eg ps3 & ps4. Also how much longer does it take to finish and publish a table with extra lighting after the regular table is ready for steam? Will the table release schedule change or adapt with dx11 released shortly after each month?

If anyone wants to chime in and maybe reiterate what ive said better, by all means. In the end were gonna see some interesting stuff soon.

I'd be very surprised if there were two versions on the PC. I think it'd be more a case of you just turning off settings (like you do for any other PC game) rather than choosing between versions.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I'd be very surprised if there were two versions on the PC. I think it'd be more a case of you just turning off settings (like you do for any other PC game) rather than choosing between versions.

I beg to differ, because ...

Although I haven't figured it out completely, there will most likely be 2 executables shipping once we have the update. One will be DX11 and one will be DX9. Those still using Win XP will have to use the DX9 version as XP doesn't support DX11. This will also allow me to add in some of the newer windows features like touch controls in the DX11 version, since the functions for those don't work in XP.

But I don't think that this will be a problem. They produce xbox360 / ps3 and xbone / ps4 tables every month.
The current DX9 on Steam is pretty much like xbox360 and DX11 will be like xbone.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I beg to differ, because ...

But I don't think that this will be a problem. They produce xbox360 / ps3 and xbone / ps4 tables every month.
The current DX9 on Steam is pretty much like xbox360 and DX11 will be like xbone.

Fine, use quotes and stuff! There better not be a table upgrade price for DX11, if there are essentially 2 versions.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The plan is to have 2 executables, one for DX9 and one for DX11. DX11 version will allow me to implement some Win 7 and newer features like touch screen controls.

There will be no delays to table releases due to 2 versions. I'll just make 2 exe's and package them up.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Cool.
Will the right exe be permanently selectable in the config tool or does it auto detect? It would suck if steam would ask everytime the game is run.

Is the post-it for light / darkness sliders still sticking? :)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Yeah exactly

This decade hopefully

We choose to implement DX11 in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
We choose to implement DX11 in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Let's take DX11 to the mooooooon!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I got this info from Bobby today:

"DX11 is running and we hope to have the graphics up to the level of the Xbox One version in time for the Addams Family release."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts