timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I just saw the Kickstarter email, 'Project Update #15: Pinball Arcade: The Addams Family by FarSight Studios", that shows Addams Family, Earthshaker, and Party Zone with screenshots which (I think) were all taken on PS4. Wow, those displays look nice. I look forward to when the PC version tables look that great with DX11.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
As someone with TPA on three different AMD based machines, I really wish I was in the beta to test this out on a range of chips.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Almost fainted when I right clicked PBA on steam and saw Play (Direct X11), only to actually faint when it told me it was missing the executable.

Maybe you guys should release some incredibly blue custom balls?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
So I hear there is confirmation that the DX11 lighting option will just be 3 light settings rather than sliders like in the Zaccaria mobile app. As the PS4 build at trade shows had sliders, a PC DX11 implementation must be doable surely. Why don't Farsight just get the sliders in and be done with it. We all know the dark mode won't be dark enough, and there will be more moaning so why not just knock this baby on the head and put in sliders!

*snip*

Last edited by a moderator:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014

I agree ... without sliders, it'll never be quite good enough. *sigh* I can see it now ... We'll have to run TPA on the DX11 option and also have to run Sweet FX on top of that to get the room dark enough .... I wonder if Sweet FX will run at the same time. Can a Beta tester let us know?

Last edited by a moderator:

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
My version just had an update and where you select whether to go to setting or start the game there was a third option the start with dx11, but when I tried that it said it failed.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My version just had an update and where you select whether to go to setting or start the game there was a third option the start with dx11, but when I tried that it said it failed.

DX11 is currently in beta testing, but due to the way Steam works, the DX11 option has to be public even if you don't have access to the beta to run it.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Contribute $400+ to the T2 Kickstarter. In other words, if you missed that boat, you missed that boat. There was no equivalent award in the TAF Kickstarter, alas, so those of us who discovered TPA post-T2 have no way into the program.

Okay thanks. I only donated $100 for T2. That's a neat perk I guess. I doubt it's any helpful to farsight. Don't they need more hands on deck?!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay thanks. I only donated $100 for T2. That's a neat perk I guess. I doubt it's any helpful to farsight. Don't they need more hands on deck?!

I'd have ponied up more for TAF if it'd meant getting in on beta testing (iirc there was a beta testing level but the wording made it sound like it was for TAF only and it was one of the really high levels - well over the $400 for T2).

Maybe there's a chance in the next KS, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts