To those that are having issues with twilight zone, please read!

HarlechQuinn

Dec 14, 2012
Probably a "dumb" question, but what exactly is my Farsight login, I just want to be sure to send the correct email address for solving this issue?

I can't find anything related to this in the PS3 version, so I would presume for the iOS version it is my Apple ID which I used to purchase the other tables?

N

netizen

what exactly is my Farsight login, I just want to be sure to send the correct email address for solving this issue?

It's the email you use to sign in to the leader boards.
If you use a different email for your Kickstarter info then be sure to supply that as well.

HarlechQuinn

Dec 14, 2012
It's the email you use to sign in to the leader boards.
If you use a different email for your Kickstarter info then be sure to supply that as well.

Thanks for the reply.

So it seems that I don't have a Farsight Login at all and it seems that I can't create one via the iOS version.

When I choose "Create New Account" it seems the game just use my Apple ID for login and I have access to my purchased tables, but when I select the Leaderboard option it says "This option is only available to Farsight login users.".

When I choose "login" it asks for the email address and password which is connected to the Farsight login which I don't have...

There is a "Join" button on the official Pinball Arcade page, which I presumed might be there for creating a Farsight login but this button doesn't seem to work as well.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Item Seller Type Unit Price

Pinball Arcade, Ripley's Believe It or Not® Pinball Table
Report a Problem FARSIGHT STUDIOS In-App Purchase $3.99
Pinball Arcade, Theatre of Magic® Pinball Table
Report a Problem FARSIGHT STUDIOS In-App Purchase $2.99

Subtotal: $6.98
Tax: $0.33

Order Total: $7.31

Nice, now I am getting charged again for prior purchases. This Farsight fiasco better come to an end soon. They better get their **** together. Apple said they would refund this one time, it better not happen again I can tell you that.
Why can every other company get this right and they can't? Hell, I am still waiting to get the table on Mac. What a waste of $100.
This next release better sparkle and fix all the past issues.

bonch

May 24, 2012
You should probably be prepared to wait a while -- I sent him a PM on Thursday and haven't heard back yet. I assume they're pretty swamped and busy right now.

I sent one on November 30th and another a week later with no responses. A courtesy reply would be nice just to let me know my information was received. I can understand being swamped if the company would just say that so that I'm not left wondering why I haven't heard back.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
If you're getting charged for a table again then it's an Apple issue, not a FarSight issue.

Well yes, and no.
I think it is an Apple issue. But, if the problem never existed and the tables worked correctly, I wouldn't have had to repurchase a table I already had.
The problem seems to be with the changes that were made to the tables. TTOM and RBION both showed "Buy Now" even though they had been purchased with the original table pack. Trying to redownload TTOM and RBION caused it to charge me again without even entering my password. I thought it just redownloaded the tables like normal, but then saw I was charged again.
If the tables were there like they should have been, I would not have been charged again because I wouldn't have had to "repurchase" them.
I was pissed that Apple said one time refund only. I think that is wrong on their part.
It shouldn't happen again, but I don't think you should just be charged again.
It's all good.
Been a bit rocky, but seem to be clearing up problems. I just got my Mac table from the $100 kickstarter tier yesterday. 19 days late, but got it finally.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
They seem to be using the Farsight account in some way to validate purchases, but the app also seems to do this since I didn't start using my Farsight ID until they said you'd need to in order to get your kickstarter reward.

I've haven't been double-charged yet, however I did have Big Shot prompt me on my iPhone. I tapped cancel and it downloaded an updated version; hopefully no fee attached as well.

I'm hopeful the next update will sort a lot of this out, but clearly gifting content has its issues. At least they're aware and working on it!

bonch

May 24, 2012
After the update on iOS, I was still getting the issue where the main menu showed I owned Twilight Zone before restoring my purchases, but after restoring purchases showed that I owned the other tables and NOT Twilight Zone. After a few re-logins and other attempts, I decided not to restore purchases when prompted. Then, I tried to buy each table I previously owned, which gave me a prompt saying I already owned it, followed by the table downloading without affecting Twilight Zone. In this way, I got all my tables back while keeping Twilight Zone.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Fellow forum member Worf posted in another thread that his solution was to first confirm that the only purchased tables when he logged in were the kickstarter ones as bonch described (also my situation in the new update), then log out of your Farsight account, restore your purchased tables and login again. The "New Tables" icon should then say none. I can confirm this worked for me also. Worf and I have 3rd gen iPads, I'm running iOS 6.x and he has 5.5.x. Hopefully this works for others.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.