Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I was a little upset with this poll at first, since I managed to talk myself into accepting Xenon as the next table. But since I have allowed myself to relax a little, I was able to realize how great this is. We still have a good chance to get Paragon. Yaaaay Paragon!!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm frankly surprised you jumped in on my comment rather than some of the other stuff hurled around above but presume that's because I mentioned a FarSight employee (Mike Lindsay) above. Second, I have a little more "authority" than you may think. I've bought every product and followed all the posts, on Facebook, and everywhere else there is mention of Pinball Arcade from day one.

This is precisely why I jumped in. Everything else you have said, has been said here for quite a while, and has been said in our BlahCade podcast (new episode is in the can!). Like I said, well reasoned critique is perfectly warranted. Jeff Strong merely pointed out that this new poll came from Mike as a way of saying, it wasn't us mods coming in and doing it. Mike is speaking for FarSight, as are any of the other employees that come on here unless they specifically state it is their own opinion. So any and all comments should be directed at FarSight in general, not the employees.

I've met some of these guys, and the one's that post here in the forum really have our best interest at heart. They often go head to head with management over some of our very requests. Believe me, you want guys like Mike on our side.

I'll say this too...my job as a moderator is to protect the site, not anyone's small quibbles. We don't like personal attacks on anyone. That being said, we also aren't going to step in every time someone gets their feelings hurt. The large majority of us are adults. Fight your own fights without turning into a wounded child (in general, not directed at anyone specific).

To you personally Mokidog, I would say read some other threads, join in, and become a part of this forum. Try to contribute in a manner that is helpful rather than tearing down. In other words, constructive criticism. Share the aspects you love, and why you've been with this game since day one. Anyone that has played the same game for over 3 years is obviously a fan. Don't be shy about expressing that in threads that celebrate it.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I have never been a fan of single ball tables but Paragon looks interesting. http://vimeo.com/20231233 only because Bowen talks about strats and mentions tournament play. I wish Both could be in yet it is a poll after all. I only like Xenon because it has some form of MB.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
This is precisely why I jumped in. Everything else you have said, has been said here for quite a while, and has been said in our BlahCade podcast (new episode is in the can!). Like I said, well reasoned critique is perfectly warranted. Jeff Strong merely pointed out that this new poll came from Mike as a way of saying, it wasn't us mods coming in and doing it. Mike is speaking for FarSight, as are any of the other employees that come on here unless they specifically state it is their own opinion. So any and all comments should be directed at FarSight in general, not the employees.

I've met some of these guys, and the one's that post here in the forum really have our best interest at heart. They often go head to head with management over some of our very requests. Believe me, you want guys like Mike on our side.

I'll say this too...my job as a moderator is to protect the site, not anyone's small quibbles. We don't like personal attacks on anyone. That being said, we also aren't going to step in every time someone gets their feelings hurt. The large majority of us are adults. Fight your own fights without turning into a wounded child (in general, not directed at anyone specific).

To you personally Mokidog, I would say read some other threads, join in, and become a part of this forum. Try to contribute in a manner that is helpful rather than tearing down. In other words, constructive criticism. Share the aspects you love, and why you've been with this game since day one. Anyone that has played the same game for over 3 years is obviously a fan. Don't be shy about expressing that in threads that celebrate it.

@Shutyurtrap: First, thank you for moderating and I propose more moderation. I'm frankly surprised you jumped in on my comment rather than some of the other stuff hurled around above but presume that's because I mentioned a FarSight employee (Mike Lindsay) above. The way I see it is that in post number 1 he was mentioned as THE ONE wanting another poll. Therefore he is the face of FarSite and ultimately the one holding the bag on this "second poll debacle". His bosses were not mentioned, the 4,700 member community was not mentioned, it was him. Second, I have a little more "authority" than you may think. I've bought every product and followed all the posts, on Facebook, and everywhere else there is mention of Pinball Arcade from day one. The product is good, but the number of bugs, communications with customers, relationship with vendors, especially Apple, resolution of problems, and rollouts on platforms is atrocious! Maybe it's time Farsight listen to the hard truth of what their customers are saying. They need someone with communication skills, never mind a project manager who can see a product delivered on time without a million bugs. Frankly, I wish some company that doesn't act like a college frat house would come along, develop these machines, all of them, and release them without them without trying to create this BS mystique every month. Bottom line is developing pinball sims is no longer rocket science - there a billion people in India that could do it for $1.50 an hour! So get over yourself!

Like Shut said, the new poll has nothing to do with Mike. Any decision has to go through the higher ups, which Mike obviously is not. I'm going to guess that the same person who OK'd the new poll was the same person who vouched for and wanted LCA. I'll let you figure out who it is, since I already know. :p

Lastly, I suggest you cool your jets a little bit. The mods are pretty lenient these days and most of us would like to keep it that way. If this was back in the day, you'd be gone by now.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Although Paragon is a great table in the flesh, widebodys in my opinion don't make a good transition to the virtual world, the reason being the camera needs to be somewhat further back, and higher above the table to fit in in on the screen and you end up with a marble sized ball which is totally unrealistic.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Although Paragon is a great table in the flesh, widebodys in my opinion don't make a good transition to the virtual world, the reason being the camera needs to be somewhat further back, and higher above the table to fit in in on the screen and you end up with a marble sized ball which is totally unrealistic.

that i can appericate in translation

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
does anyone here speak Heretic-speak ? i put this through translate.google.com and came up with nothing

The Rosetta Stone is to realize he consistently misses the same keys for adjacent keys. I'm not vouching for the content making sense, but at least you'll know what the words were supposed to be!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hang on!, so because a table won the previous poll that either the mods or FarSight or both didnt like they've decided to ignore that poll and do another?.

Just watch those videos at the top of this page and Paragon just seems so lifeless, it may have a slightly better rule set that Xenon but least Xenon is more entertaining

But i agree FS should really consider doing a 2 table pack for these tables as neither stand up on their own for a single table purchase for me

This has nothing to do with the mods. I only put up the poll because Farsight asked. Personally I'd be happy with any of these pins, but preferably all 3. :)

EDIT: what SYT said. I was a couple pages behind.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts