Tournament time for PSN

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
From the Facebook page they mentioned there will be a tournament till Dec 26th.

the 8 Tables are

Centaur
Terminator 2
Attack from Mars
Monster Bash
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Pin Bot
Goin' nutts
Championship Pub

Honestly it's all cool and all but EXTRA BALLS MUST BE TURNED OFF IN ANY TOURNAMENT SITUATION. Regardless of which division you're in. It was the only reason I scored 57 billion on AFM. That may not sound like much but If I didn't get 4 extra balls That score would be where it is.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
FINALLY! I have been waiting for this more then #19-20 DLC I am a bit rusty but there is only 1 table I dont know, unfortunately alot of these tables are grinders CFTBL,T2,MB,AFM. I will be a good sport and give everybody a heads up! CENTAUR and PiN*BoT have a 9,999,999 score cap I am not sure about squirrel tits since I just bought it today for the tourney...GOOD LUCK! Your going 2 NEED IT! :)

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
I just got done playing a couple of games of Centaur to see if it had the 9,999,999 limit, and I can confirm that Centaur does not have the limit as I got credit for a score of a little more than 28 million. There is a possible bug I found in how it scores though. I need to pm someone at farsight to let them know. Basically, I had one score of 9,948,000 and then I played a second game. I scored just under 19 million on that game to check and see if there was a score limit. When it posted my new score, I believe it added my two scores together to get the 28 million.

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
I agree Skill Shot. Nothing more frustrating to get real close the rollover then hit one extra target or something and flip the score by a thousand or two. That happened to me a couple of times for the last tournament trying to improve my original first place score by someone who was just a little bit closer. I did Mike about the possible scoring bug last night as well.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
he said it didn't record past that because the score display rolls over, looks like they got it fixed and on Pin*Bot too.
Only 10 people in this tournament o_O easy pickins

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, I am going to be busy until the tournament is over, so I will be lucky if I am able to record a score on all of the tables.

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
I knew about the reason for the last tournament. I was talking about the bug I discovered last night where my two seperate games of Centaur was combined to show a bigger score than I had actually accomplished. My first game of Centaur I scored around 9,948,000 and that score showed up on the leaderboard. I played another game of Centaur to roll the score and see if it recorded it correctly. In that game, I score around 18,8970,000 but when I checked the leaderboard a little bit later, I was given credit for a score of over 28,000,000, which was the combined total of my two games. So instead of replacing my first score over 9,000,000 with my score of 18,000,000 it combined the two.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Wish tournament scores were also posted to the main leaderboards. Just beat my Monster Bash highscore (currently #1 on tournament leaderboard for that one). Beated my Creature from the Black Lagoon highscore too.
With just a couple plays:
- #1 on Monster Bash
- #5 on Attack from Mars (not a highscore for me)
- #7 on Creature from the Black Lagoon

The only table I still have is T2 though, thinking about buying the other tables to actually participate for real :)

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Bought the other 3 packs I was missing. Played Pin*Bot, Centaur, Goin' Nuts and Champion Pub for the first time. I'm now ranked 2nd overall (Bronze tournament btw, I did enter the first tournament, but didn't buy all the tables)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So I just played T2 and the drop target stopped dropping period! so no multiballs that way or jackpots or super jackpots! still managed 1BILLION because of all the EB's.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Hey damdamdamdam, welcome to the forum.

Yeah I was trying to catch up with you, but beating my Monster Bash score with over double the score hurts my rankings a lot. (I think you get more points for the number 1 spot). As said, that's pretty much the highest score I ever got on that table, so there's not much hope for me to reclaim the title.

Last time I checked, I was only 4th anymore with several people breathing down my neck. I'm falling down pretty hard in the rankings. I guess the big guns have come out.

Plus side:
- I bought those 3 packs I was missing, would never have thought I would like Champion Pub and Pin*Bot as much as I do (not that they will become my favourite tables, but I like em).
- Learned how to get more consistent scores on Creature from the Black Lagoon.

damdamdamdam

Dec 22, 2013
Hey damdamdamdam, welcome to the forum.

Yeah I was trying to catch up with you, but beating my Monster Bash score with over double the score hurts my rankings a lot. (I think you get more points for the number 1 spot). As said, that's pretty much the highest score I ever got on that table, so there's not much hope for me to reclaim the title.
I know :). When I did it, I said to myself "that should do it :D" I put 20 points between us with this score. It was so long. About 30 minutes and 4 ou 5 Monster of Rock. I also beat my previous high score on this one. It was around 900M before I think.

Last time I checked, I was only 4th anymore with several people breathing down my neck. I'm falling down pretty hard in the rankings. I guess the big guns have come out.

Plus side:
- I bought those 3 packs I was missing, would never have thought I would like Champion Pub and Pin*Bot as much as I do (not that they will become my favourite tables, but I like em).
- Learned how to get more consistent scores on Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I never really cared for Champion's Pub but I might have to post a better score if I want to stay first.

You can still improve on Creature from the Black Lagoon. Hint : try to get the jackpot and the super jackpot (missed twice the super jackpot, grr...)

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah the multiball is a problem for me, the snackbar is a death shot for me. I've never gotten the jackpot or the super jackpot. I used to lose both balls immediately in the past, though I realise now you have to trap 1 of the balls on the left flipper, shoot ramp until 4* score, find creature, shoot snackbar, shoot snackbar again (if I'm correct).

I played this pinball when I was young too, the real thing is the same: "Shoot the snackbar" becomes "Shoot the ball straight down the middle" :) Wish I knew this much back then when I had the chance to play the real pinball. We had to figure out the rules by ourselves and this table is brutal if you don't know how to play it (it becomes a lot easier once you realise what to do).

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I'm a fighting game fan and should be practicing for an upcoming tournament cause I suck right now, haven't played in a long time, new version of the games + new characters etc.. etc... but pinball arcade has been too much fun the past couple of days :)

btw: are there any prizes for qualifying or ending in top 3 ?
I don't really care for it as I just enjoy the competition and having rivals. Back in the old days, I had an older guy that always played pinball too and it was me vs him in all the highscores for all the tables. He couldn't beat me in the end though. Oh the face when he entered and saw my 2 billion twilight zone score ;) My best tables were Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park (would LOVE to have those last 2 in pinball arcade).
A guy I've known for years went to the same arcade but we never knew it from eachother. When I mentioned my pinball addiction back in the day and told him how I signed my name, he immediately knew who I was. We knew each other for years and never realised that we knew eachother even longer than we thought. Too bad all those places closed down.

Having rivals and people you want to beat, makes the competition better and makes you walk that extra mile in order to achieve your goals. I don't have that as much with the leaderboards. I hear they are adding some rival system in TPA which would be great. (the announcement today for 12 days of christmas gives me hopes it will be something I'll like).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts