TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today on their Facebook, FarSight responded to a question about when Season Two might come to PS4:

The Pinball Arcade: [...] we are working on lighting and touching up our season 2 tables now, it's going to take some time before they're released, we don't have a timeframe yet, but first part of 2014 is going to be as close as we can say for now.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I hope not. Hopefully, FarSight can continue with season three packs falling one to two months behind their mobile releases while working on season two to be released as a whole.

If the team that is converting the lighting, physics, and presentation upgrades for the PS4 version is busy converting season two tables then they won't be able to do season three tables until they're done with season two.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Today on their Facebook, FarSight responded to a question about when Season Two might come to PS4:

I'm happy with that, I would prefer they improved the tables before re-releasing them then have them in their current form. Especially given there isn't a huge userbase yet using the PS4. I think season 1 would suffice for the time being. Maybe when season 2 comes out TPA can be selected as a PSN Network game of the month and give away season 1 for free or something.

TimRex

Dec 8, 2013
So I've only recently discovered TPA, very pleased to finally be able to relive the Twilight Zone on the iPhone.. and stoked to hear it's coming to the PS4. I understand the sentiments from frankiedf, but I very much doubt TPA has any control over the situation, nor much information about it.

Unfortunately this is all in Sony's hands, and they'll re-arrange their releases to their advantage as and when they please. In order to do this, they won't be held to release dates in advance for anything other than their major titles..

I do hope to see TPA released on PS4 any day now, but I suspect that any official information regarding a solid release date is unlikely to materialise more than a few days in advance, or even on-the-day-of..

Either way, bring it on!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So I've only recently discovered TPA, very pleased to finally be able to relive the Twilight Zone on the iPhone.. and stoked to hear it's coming to the PS4. I understand the sentiments from frankiedf, but I very much doubt TPA has any control over the situation, nor much information about it.

Unfortunately this is all in Sony's hands, and they'll re-arrange their releases to their advantage as and when they please. In order to do this, they won't be held to release dates in advance for anything other than their major titles..

I do hope to see TPA released on PS4 any day now, but I suspect that any official information regarding a solid release date is unlikely to materialise more than a few days in advance, or even on-the-day-of..

Either way, bring it on!

Welcome to the forum Tim! I don't think Sony is holding back TPA, they just might have higher priorities. The thing that's in Farsight's favor though is that Sony wants as much content for the PS4 right now since so many games got delayed until next year. For sure Sony wants to get TPA in the store before Christmas.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It's also coming in late with a clause that punishes those who have been developing on other platforms. So not even if it was released...but if you even started on another console build you will be fined just trying to do business with them. WOW!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There's an article that M$ won't allow an indepent game to be released on the Xbone if it's was already released on another system first. Wonder if that's causing the hold up. M$ strikes again.....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/studio-must-delay-multiplatform-game-to-get-xbox-one-release

I doubt that has anything to do with it since FarSight said that the only thing that needs to be worked out is the discount pricing and that's all in Sony's court. I doubt they'd say that if we were really going to be waiting until mid 2014 for the PS4 version. FarSight hasn't gotten their dev kit from MS yet so it's going to be a while for the One version.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Tbh, Farsight going completely silent on the whole 360/One thing makes me think that they've given up on both but don't want to admit it because all hell would kick off on facebook.

The fact that it hasn't even been announced for the One is a big enough warning sign, but those ridiculous policies may well confirm it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since FarSight never received a penny for the sales on the 360, I personally don't think they should even bother with the One. The PS4 already has a larger user base than the One and Sony seems to have no problem helping FarSight promote The Pinball Arcade at events and on their official blog.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
That sounds very uncompetitive.. No prosecutors that loved to play pinball when in law school in the audience? Pity...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That sounds very uncompetitive.. No prosecutors that loved to play pinball when in law school in the audience? Pity...

There's nothing illegal going on. MS has no legal obligation to make it easy to publish to their devices.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
No, but it's hardly enticing Indies to want to develop for it either.

And apologies for those coming in here for the new posts thinking there's any potential PS4 release date info. I'm just as keen as you are to hear something!

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
No, but it's hardly enticing Indies to want to develop for it either.

And apologies for those coming in here for the new posts thinking there's any potential PS4 release date info. I'm just as keen as you are to hear something!

I agree but I was addressing a statement questioning the legality of MS console policies.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Since FarSight never received a penny for the sales on the 360, I personally don't think they should even bother with the One. The PS4 already has a larger user base than the One and Sony seems to have no problem helping FarSight promote The Pinball Arcade at events and on their official blog.

Whoa wait a minute, Farsight didn't receive a dime for any of their tables on 360?!! What the hell is going on here... That just makes me sicker...

First & Foremost:
- Zen Pinball 2 has been lurking around the outskirts of next-gen systems, waiting to pounce like a rabid wolf. Just look at it. TPA magically gets pushed back AGAIN, and then out of the woodwork appears Zen Pinball 2. I haven't done much research about them, but I'm almost positive they have a strong financial backing. They were the 1st decent pinball game out on 360 (swallowing up the majority of pinball fans' funds), and they have an obvious license with Marvel etc. They are also the only pinball game that I've seen advertised on Xbox Live and on television (Reviews On The Run). When ZP2 was on ROTR, Victor Lucas sucked off the game hard - an obvious payoff.

- I swear to god if TPA isn't released (at the very bare minimum) at the exact same time as ZP2, then Farsight will once again be banished to a life of Kickstarter and giving their game away for free on iOS devices. This is precisely the time when I'll be going out back & blowing my brains out with a shotgun. I bought TPA when it came out on Xbox360 and it was easily the best pinball game of all time. Waaaaay better than those crappy fake ZP2 tables. I have literally been waiting 2 years since that Gorgar & Monster Bash pack (when the xbox tables stopped) for this new PS4 release. It's getting ridiculous. I'm salivating here. If TPA had been released at the PS4 launch then I can almost guarantee EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITH PS4 ONLINE would already own this game!!!! There is absolutely nothing worthwhile on PSN for PS4 right now, and TPA fills that void perfectly! But now through some shady deal, TPA is being put on hold and Zen Pinball 2 is being thrown in the mix to dilute Farsight's revenue. That is just dirty. Farsight should honestly Kickstart a professional hitman to go plug the p.o.s. who made this Zen deal go down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.