TPA Streaming Thread

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Well after 6 months of really crappy internet, I finally got equipment back up to start playing again, I may be streaming again soon

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
So I bought season 4, since the Jack●Bot conversion came out beautifully well. Looks like a good chance for me to stream some, since this is the one time I'll ever be noodling around on these tables rather than high score attacking. Come watch me learn the season 4 games.

I'll start around 8 pm US Eastern tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/vikingerik78

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
So I bought season 4, since the Jack●Bot conversion came out beautifully well. Looks like a good chance for me to stream some, since this is the one time I'll ever be noodling around on these tables rather than high score attacking. Come watch me learn the season 4 games.

I'll start around 8 pm US Eastern tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/vikingerik78

Too late for me as well. Save the stream on twitch please! :)

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Archived stream: http://www.twitch.tv/vikingerik78/b/654673811

Didn't do anything spectacular, but you might find it entertaining as I learn my way around new tables. Probably the coolest moment was a bangback on Cyclone.
I checked out some of it. Nice bangback on Cyclone! I've never made a successful bangback on any TPA game ever, and I have tried. A lot! :) Pretty cool to see you get into which shots work best for you on a table. I play quite differently (not nearly as safe). I learned some nice tricks, thanks for that!!

It looks like you never nudge when the ball is in the middle of the playfield. How come? That is an excellent way to steer the ball imo (too good really). Doesn't really look like you need it though, just something I noticed :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, I break down everything methodically like that. What shots can be hit from which flippers, at what reliability and risk levels, for what rewards. That's the core of strategy and everything else is optimization from those inputs.

On nudging in the center... It's just not part of my instincts and skill set. I trained my pinball brain on Pinball Fantasies, Epic Pinball, and Pro Pinball, all of which don't do anything noticeable to a ball on nudging in free space. So it never became part of my instincts. I know it would be helpful in TPA and I've seen what Mark Miwurdz does with it, but to me it's like trying to learn and speak a foreign language. Although it does make me remember that there are many players for whom any nudging is as foreign as that to me.

HRC is the other TPA table I've done bangbacks on, a few times. I also remember a death save once, on a screaming fast ball down the right outlane, I forget which table but remember it being just a novelty since I was going infinite anyway, so best guess is Medieval Madness or Whitewater.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Apparently 60 fps works here for non-partners. I play a quick variety. Testing only - TPA, then TF2, then Evolve.

I assume I will be able to stream 60 fps TPA in DX11 with zero performance issues whenever we are given the go-ahead for videos/streaming DX11.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Dude, i thought the methode on this table was already boring but going ONLY for cards and not even maximizing MBs... well i couldnt.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.