Try before you buy, or just Buy?

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Season pass purchaser on both ps3 & droid...but even before those i would just buy first. Like others have stated, its 5 bucks (or less) a pack and ill get more than my $$'s worth in fun. Even with HD. :rolleyes: :p

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I've bought about half the tables, (most of season two), don't see much point in buying tables I'm never going to play. :p

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I've occasionally tried a few of the packs before buying. I have yet to buy the two newest tables, I just installed Ryan's beta just to check out the overall improvements. Not sure if I'll buy these two, especially since I've recently become hooked to G.I.Joe Battleground, and have already spent a bit of money (including my Google Play credit, which I had saved for TPA) on new characters in the game.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
When I first found TPA there were like 10 tables... and I wasn't sure which ones I should buy.

Now if they asked for payment up front for the next 100 tables I would sign up.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
just tried flight 2k and GN good thing because they are CRAP. Not buying this abortion pack.

I'm caning Flight 2000. I was really on the fence with this pack whether I'd like it or not. But it is the only table I'm playing.

I'm so pro buying regardless, I'm rocking the season 2 pass. Don't regret a cent. Getting T2 thus August will be an unexpected bonus.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Sofar buying them all. I treat TPA as a virtual pinballmuseum, so I'm collecting as much as I'm playing tables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Sofar buying them all. I treat TPA as a virtual pinballmuseum, so I'm collecting as much as I'm playing tables.

I wanted to have pro everything on my console but that happens to be Xbox360. I am probably waiting to find out what happens with XboxOne and PS4 and figure which of those systems I would prefer and I will just go with that platform to buy all tables on without regards to trying. For iOS or any other secondary platforms I might get on, I will try as I go but finding myself just buying tables for my iPhone now regardless.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
the more i think about it the more i cant help feeling that the attitude of "i'll buy them regardless cause its only a few dollars" doesnt really do anybody any favours in the long run. complacency and laziness are dangerous things for any company and if farsight feel they can kind of phone it in every now and then without it affecting sales too much instead of striving to give us the best possible tables at all times then they will end up doing it more and more - its basic human nature.

im not bashing farsight here, i generally think theyve done a great job and as i said this month is the first time ive felt strongly enough to opt out of buying a pack, i just want them to continue doing a great job and for that to happen i do feel they need to be kept on their toes a bit and not allowed to feel like they will continue to sell tables no matter what the quality...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think you're mistaken to think it has anything to do with complacency, and quite frankly, there are a lot of people who actually like the current table pack. I've enjoyed it for quite a while now and bought it well before day one.

To put it into perspective. A few people constantly complain about CV but aside from the floaty ball, I don't really feel it deserves the backlash. In a year and half nearly, I've only not been able to finish a game maybe 2 or three times.

Yes, Harley is a lame table. But aside from that, they've put out good packs, subjective only to personal taste.

Build quality-wise...every pack they've put out has been worth the 5.99, why should I assume the next pack won't be?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.