Twilight Zone is here!

J_R

May 31, 2012
Congratulations Farsight!!
Its everything i hoped it would be, its perfect. Dont change anything. played the real thing almost daily for 2 years in the 90s and the feeling of this is just right.
:D
:cool:

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Hi Rob,
Just tried TZ on iPad Mini, and noticed its pretty slow compared to other tables. Runs fine on iPad 3.
Any chances future optimization would make it faster on the mini?

Same here. But then it is weird as the other tables are running perfectly. MM is crazy fast after the latest update.

night

May 18, 2012
Ball stutter problems, Black Hole is getting worse and worse after each update.. iPad2 iOS6. It would be nice if FarSight took a moment to actually comment on this problem, customer support needed, thank you very much. I am not going to buy any new tables before the stutter problems are resolved.

I already mentioned in other threads what my feelings are about the TZ artwork.... (As well as the declining graphics quality of the last few Table Packs) Is this how a table should look like after you payed 50.000K for it? :p

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Hmmm. I haven't had any issues so far and think it's a lot of fun.

Too easy? Yeah, but that has been the case with a lot of the tables, especially lately. One feature I'd actually really love to see at some point is a hard mode option with tweaked physics that are more reflective of the real machines. Hell, they could even make the option available only on the "Pro" versions and then I'd actually pay for the upgrades. Haha.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Congratulations Farsight!!
Its everything i hoped it would be, its perfect. Dont change anything. played the real thing almost daily for 2 years in the 90s and the feeling of this is just right.
:D
:cool:

Really? I found it incredibly easy compared to the real table. I hope to have them up the challenge or make a mode that closer resembles the real table.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Using the operator menu, I see that none of the statistics seem to be saved passed a quit. Are there any plans to make it so that statistics are saved in the future? It seems to me that the pro mode would be much more valuable to me if this were the case.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Using the operator menu, I see that none of the statistics seem to be saved passed a quit. Are there any plans to make it so that statistics are saved in the future? It seems to me that the pro mode would be much more valuable to me if this were the case.

This is a general issue with TPA. Most of the games are running emulated ROMs from the real table, with code in them to actively guard against tampering, which makes it difficult for Farsight's code to restore saved state data beyond the simplest score information. I suppose the other option would be to persistently save and restore a snapshot of the table's entire memory state, but there are probably practical problems with that, especially on the mobile platforms.

On the bright side, it means that quitting out to the main menu and re-entering is a quick fix for many glitches where the table gets into a bizarre nonfunctional state, due to TPA's environment somehow getting out of sync with the table's internal code.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Ball stutter problems, Black Hole is getting worse and worse after each update.. iPad2 iOS6. It would be nice if FarSight took a moment to actually comment on this problem, customer support needed, thank you very much. I am not going to buy any new tables before the stutter problems are resolved.

I already mentioned in other threads what my feelings are about the TZ artwork.... (As well as the declining graphics quality of the last few Table Packs) Is this how a table should look like after you payed 50.000K for it? :p

i don't have those problems on my ipad2 and i think the table looks great. don't know what to tell ya.

night

May 18, 2012
i don't have those problems on my ipad2 and i think the table looks great. don't know what to tell ya.

Many report the stutter problems on the iPad2, are you on iOS6?
I don't think the table looks great, unless you love the look of the clock, the dreadful plastic texturing on the ramps and the lack of shadow on the table, but that's just a matter of opinion. ;)

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Plays great on iPad 3. Apart from the login problems and dodgy looking clock, it's as good as I hoped it would be. Used to play this a couple of times a week and never really understood what I was doing, but I've learnt more playing this on TPA than I did in a year on the real thing :)

bonch

May 24, 2012
Also, if your farsight login is different than your kickstarter email address, please PM me so we can get you your table. (Note that this is for mobile and OSX only).

How long do you estimate it to take for this issue? I PMed on Friday and am anxious to play the table!

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Also, if your farsight login is different than your kickstarter email address, please PM me so we can get you your table. (Note that this is for mobile and OSX only).

How long do you estimate it to take for this issue? I PMed on Friday and am anxious to play the table!

I just sent that PM myself.....thanks for posting about it......I figured that was my problem:)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
This is a general issue with TPA. Most of the games are running emulated ROMs from the real table, with code in them to actively guard against tampering, which makes it difficult for Farsight's code to restore saved state data beyond the simplest score information. I suppose the other option would be to persistently save and restore a snapshot of the table's entire memory state, but there are probably practical problems with that, especially on the mobile platforms.

On the bright side, it means that quitting out to the main menu and re-entering is a quick fix for many glitches where the table gets into a bizarre nonfunctional state, due to TPA's environment somehow getting out of sync with the table's internal code.

I completely understand. I guess for me it just takes so much of the value and functionality out of the operator's menu that I'm not sure I will buy any more. If they do add this feature, those persistent statistics alone would be worth the upgrade price for me.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Is there a way do delete my local scores? I've played with the ball control and scored some unrealistic points I won't ever beat. :(
Please FS stop making your tables so easy! I will be disappointed if TZ will become my next RBION on the xbox where I have to play over an hour to beat my scores. That's pretty boring!

Last edited:

bonch

May 24, 2012
Is there an update regarding those of us who had mismatched Kickstarter/FarSight emails being unable to redeem the table?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts