Twilight Zone is here!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Definitely not understanding all this "too easy" talk. There is nothing easy about trying to play pinball on an iPhone. I think the difficulty is just right for the platform. Lets not torture ourselves here fellas the mobile version is meant to be fun not uber serious.

Really? I found it incredibly easy compared to the real table. I hope to have them up the challenge or make a mode that closer resembles the real table.

Which table hasn't been incredibly easy compared to the real one? Even world class professional players would be hard pressed to put up the kinds of scores you see on Xbox leader boards. Digital is a lot easier than real no amount of tweaking is going to change that it's the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I got lost in the zone for the first time took me about 5 tries to finally get there. I fully expect to get multiple Zones when this comes for Xbox but IMO it's nice to actually be able to experience this on my phone. It's good stress free fun and that's nice cause usually I hate playing these mobile versions.

This platform simply isn't meant for uber high scoring, super serious play. Leave that for console and of course the real thing.

Anyways I gotta say this table lived up to the hype and then some. Oh my God is it awesome! So much to do! The slot machine and piano it's like this is a better Adams family (well duh it's the sequel). I'm just floored at how fun it is. Lost in the Zone was the most epic wizard mode I've ever seen. I know part of it is just the game getting super loud and going nuts but man of that didn't have me hyped. Great stuff and they have the right idea, this and scared stiff are enjoyable and non frustrating which is what an iOS game should be.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Which table hasn't been incredibly easy compared to the real one? Even world class professional players would be hard pressed to put up the kinds of scores you see on Xbox leader boards. Digital is a lot easier than real no amount of tweaking is going to change that it's the nature of the beast.
They're all easier than the real tables, and as you note, they always will be, but Scared Stiff and especially Twilight Zone have gone overboard in that direction. The real TZ is ballbreakingly hard. I don't expect the TPA version to be that way, but I think it should at least be on par with RBION.

Anyways I gotta say this table lived up to the hype and then some. Oh my God is it awesome! So much to do! The slot machine and piano it's like this is a better Adams family (well duh it's the sequel). I'm just floored at how fun it is. Lost in the Zone was the most epic wizard mode I've ever seen. I know part of it is just the game getting super loud and going nuts but man of that didn't have me hyped. Great stuff and they have the right idea, this and scared stiff are enjoyable and non frustrating which is what an iOS game should be.
Wait until you see (and hear - crank up that bass!) Lost in the Zone with the dynamic lighting effects on the PC or the consoles. ;)

Nov 13, 2012
I wonder how the uber hard real pinballs like TZ compare in profitability if they're so hard casual pinballers avoid them for tables that won't eat your quarters so fast...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They're all easier than the real tables, and as you note, they always will be, but Scared Stiff and especially Twilight Zone have gone overboard in that direction. The real TZ is ballbreakingly hard. I don't expect the TPA version to be that way, but I think it should at least be on par with RBION.

I don't think FS made RBION any tougher than TZ. To me the difference lies in the game rules. It is more difficult to get a Ripley letter than to just start a mode and get a door panel on TZ. I actually find it easier to keep the ball alive on RBION.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts