Twitchstream General Discussion

invitro

May 4, 2012
Tonight we're playing the real Judge Dredd (with Color DMD!) and giving away four unlocks of Dredd for the Pinball Arcade and one FULL season 4 pass, courtesy of our friends at Farsight Studios!

Color DMD! Well I'll have to tune in for a bit of this one, too. And with all the giveaways around these parts, sometimes I wish I didn't own everything TPA. I even purchased the one remaining custom ball last weekend. Hmm, maybe I can try to stock up on PSN or XBox1 stuff in case I get one of those devices?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Color DMD! Well I'll have to tune in for a bit of this one, too. And with all the giveaways around these parts, sometimes I wish I didn't own everything TPA. I even purchased the one remaining custom ball last weekend. Hmm, maybe I can try to stock up on PSN or XBox1 stuff in case I get one of those devices?

I just bought a Wii U ....

Maybe TPA will be out for it in time for the Nintendo NX to be out this time next year!!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Who is this person? Is he their new SPA programmer, or something? Or maybe the guy in charge of getting the Indiana Jones license?

There was a meme a while back. For a motivation speech contest Shia entered and started off his speech with just screaming DO IT, JUST DO IT into a camera. So somehow the Pinball Arcade streamers became obsessed with him and placed a gif of him on the shelf and play slow clap footage of him all the time.

I'm as confused as you are, dude.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I own new hardware and made a new twitch streaming attempt. The game runs smooth at least with default OBS settings. Played a 15 min test game. Now the recorded twitch video is less than 6 minutes long. What's the reason? Is a twitch pay account required for fulltime broadcasting?

http://www.twitch.tv/tarekoberdieck

K3V

Nov 1, 2013
Nope, you don't need to pay to do full broadcasting (we don't). Maybe your connection to Twitch dropped out around six minutes into the broadcast?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Nope, you don't need to pay to do full broadcasting (we don't). Maybe your connection to Twitch dropped out around six minutes into the broadcast?

No luck with this, always the same. Don't believe it's a local performance problem, happens with one table in attract mode too. I've setup OBS with these settings:

obs.jpg

I can't imagine that my connection line is unable to manage a long 20 second delay. Any ideas?

EDIT: Or is it important to save a local recording file at the same time for buffering? I would't do this if it's not needed...

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've had problems when I've tried streaming in the past - the stream would keep dropping, and I'd have to restart it. Which is why I stopped doing it.

I use nVidia Shadowplay, which natively supports Twitch.

You may want to forego streaming, and just record locally then upload to YouTube.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Thank you for this info, I was planning a tutorial section and now feel it best to do direct to YouTube!

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Thank you for this info, I was planning a tutorial section and now feel it best to do direct to YouTube!

It would be nice to stream live too. I will try a few times more. May a different twitch server or other settings? As long as I also have the local file no risk. :)

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
No clue overseas, I've had enough issues streaming through my ps4. I am making plans to use a capture card instead to hopefully remedy this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts