Upcoming Stern table... THE MUPPETS?!?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Oh god, this could be EPIC!

KbWELMK.png

Edit: That's all they've done on Stern's page, but they wouldn't link to that for no reason... would they?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
They've linked to much stuff for no reason. But then again... they did put up the Bohemian Rhapsody up a while ago...

Give me the Kermit LE please! XD

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Ah, I didn't know about that. That's the first I've seen of it (and TBH, the first I've really looked at their page) but if they've been hinting at it for a while, this might just be one step closer to confirmation.

Hopefully if anything, it's just based on The Muppets and not the Muppet movies. But I suspect not.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They have put all sorts of stuff up for whatever reason. Various rock bands, comic characters, movies, old Williams pinball tables. Muppets could be a future table. Great license with so many ideas. On the other hand it is a Disney license and stern even admitted it's been harder to get approvals for tables (they stated it was a small mirae they were allowed to do one final run of tron legacy). If it does come ou, there is no way it will be on tpa unless it was made with a provision for farsight to do a digital version (which is even more frustrating since they likely don't have the tech for sam2)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Its a good way to keep people thinking and talking about what their upcoming games will be. I do hope this one ends up being a true hint though.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So excited for this. They haven't done a family table in a long time, either. Since... Shrek? And that was a reskin.

If Statler and Waldorf don't heckle you when you lose your ball, something has gone wrong. I hope there will be WAKA WAKA drop targets, too.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The playfield would definitely need a balcony for statler and waldorf, kitchen for the Swedish chef, stage for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, a lab for Beaker and Bunson Honeydew, pigs in space and Sam Eagle. There are endless possibilities but those are some of my favorites.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Ooooooo can we go nuts imagineering a Muppets table??

I want a Kermit and a Piggy ramp. I want a Fozzy mode with Fart Shoes. I want the theme tune to be played A LOT. I want mana mana and Animal drumming and Gonzo blowing his trumpet.
A mode with chickens would be good, and one with Kermit's little nephew half way up the stairs, and one that paid homage to all those wonderful films (In Space, Treasure Island, Scrooge, the road trips, the new one last year with Walter). Maybe in the wizard mode, Kermy could marry Miss Piggy? Or Statler and Waldorf could give commentary throughout a mode. Or....

Etc
Etc
Etc

Muppets pinball would be epic

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The playfield would definitely need a balcony for statler and waldorf, kitchen for the Swedish chef, stage for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, a lab for Beaker and Bunson Honeydew, pigs in space and Sam Eagle. There are endless possibilities but those are some of my favorites.

Sounds pretty crowded. Surely Statler and Waldorf would be restricted to the DMD - that way they're looking down at you playing.

Ooooooo can we go nuts imagineering a Muppets table??

I want a Kermit and a Piggy ramp. I want a Fozzy mode with Fart Shoes. I want the theme tune to be played A LOT. I want mana mana and Animal drumming and Gonzo blowing his trumpet.
A mode with chickens would be good, and one with Kermit's little nephew half way up the stairs, and one that paid homage to all those wonderful films (In Space, Treasure Island, Scrooge, the road trips, the new one last year with Walter). Maybe in the wizard mode, Kermy could marry Miss Piggy? Or Statler and Waldorf could give commentary throughout a mode. Or....

Etc
Etc
Etc

Muppets pinball would be epic

They would need to include an AFM "GET RE-MARRIED" feature judging by the rumours about the new movie...

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Sounds pretty crowded. Surely Statler and Waldorf would be restricted to the DMD - that way they're looking down at you playing.

Wait, they could make them toys that sit in the backglass! That would be awesome! There are a ton of ideas you could put in a Muppets pinball game, if someone was developing one though, I'd rather have Jersey Jack do it. They just seem better suited for a table like that.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, somewhere in the backglass maybe at the top of the playfield not interacting with the ball in play. Just there for witty banter. Besides, Piggy will want all the spotlight.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, somewhere in the backglass maybe at the top of the playfield not interacting with the ball in play. Just there for witty banter. Besides, Piggy will want all the spotlight.

MISS PIGGY LE

Personally I think Fozzie is the best so I would pay good money for a Fozzie LE. It's a shame I don't own good money, though.

+1 on Animal pop bumpers. I think I had the idea for drum kit bumpers at some point, but can't remember if it was specifically for a Muppets table or not. We should just ask Stern to make it for them.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I love The Muppets, but without authentic voices from Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Steve Whitmire, etc.. It would be disappointing. At least for the people that grew up with the original cast, which I assume is the target audience for this table. Or worse yet it could be based on the new movies?

They could repurpose those amazing Palisades figures for toys. They would be the best looking toys in a pinball machine.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
+1 on Animal pop bumpers. I think I had the idea for drum kit bumpers at some point, but can't remember if it was specifically for a Muppets table or not. We should just ask Stern to make it for them.

I think they had drum pop bumpers on the Rolling Stones pin.

night

May 18, 2012
As an animal lover I have always been against the Muppet Show. I have no clue as to how they made these animals talk and act, but it must have been done with brutal force.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.