User Tournament

N

nitblast

Farsight, I love your product, but the number of tournaments is too few. I propose that user tournaments be initiated. I am willing to provide root level hosting for the project with full php and database support. My vision is to put up a website which has several pages:

1) Score and screenshot entry
2) High score leaderb by table
3) Farsight average leaderboard by table
4) Farsight average leaderboard for the overall tournament

I think that there should be a separate compliment of pages for each user tournament. Obviously there would need to be volunteer organizers to do checks to ensure that the automation is functioning properly.

I'm a basic coder and could possibly return form entries to a database, but the leaderboards are beyond me. Similarly, I can write the MS Excel formula to do the calculation to give you your Farsight average (1-100), but I can not make a server-side calculation happen.

That's where you come in. If you can assist with the coding, I've got a machine ready to start the project, let me know what you think.

niblast/jwash

bob5453

Jul 23, 2013
I would love to participate in some Tourney's, I can't believe the lack of support for this, especially when they have the Tourney icon on the main screen. I click on it quite often and nothing, very disappointing. There should be a Tourney available to play in every day, I would like to see daily and weekly Tourney's offered running a couple of different tables for each group.

This would even sell them a few more tables as people will buy them to enter a tourney.

I don't need prizes, just some sort of rating system to compete in. Pinball is all about competition, we need a reason to fire up Black Hole every now and then as it is a fun table.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
weekly, monthly and all time scores with or without friends. In the chat room we used to do 5 minute points races.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Farsight, I love your product, but the number of tournaments is too few. I propose that user tournaments be initiated. I am willing to provide root level hosting for the project with full php and database support. My vision is to put up a website which has several pages:

1) Score and screenshot entry
2) High score leaderb by table
3) Farsight average leaderboard by table
4) Farsight average leaderboard for the overall tournament

I think that there should be a separate compliment of pages for each user tournament. Obviously there would need to be volunteer organizers to do checks to ensure that the automation is functioning properly.

I'm a basic coder and could possibly return form entries to a database, but the leaderboards are beyond me. Similarly, I can write the MS Excel formula to do the calculation to give you your Farsight average (1-100), but I can not make a server-side calculation happen.

That's where you come in. If you can assist with the coding, I've got a machine ready to start the project, let me know what you think.

niblast/jwash

Have a chat to darkuni. He already has half the work done.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
I would love to have tournament challenges against friends. Everyone in my family has TPA on iOS, and I've been wanting to have an easier tournament option outside of tracking it myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.