Bug Various Camera problems

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I too had this issue on my first game (iPad3, portrait mode). But I switched the options to Multiball Camera: On (I usually have it off) with my usual locked Camera 2, and haven't seen the issue since. Played a few very long (1B+) games too.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
This has happened to me quite a lot (I play with multiball cam off). I wonder if it is similar to the occasional camera twitch I get on FH, as if the camera wants to move, then decides not to as multiball camera is set to off.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I too had this issue on my first game (iPad3, portrait mode). But I switched the options to Multiball Camera: On (I usually have it off) with my usual locked Camera 2, and haven't seen the issue since. Played a few very long (1B+) games too.

Oh wow. So far this works. Knock on wood.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't played enough to test out my theory yet, but here's what I'm seeing:

1. Multi-ball starts - I thwart the camera zoom to Frankie by mashing the flippers
2. At some point in multi-ball, the camera then zooms down back to Frankie anyways, and I have to flip blindly if I want to stay alive. Otherwise, I drain and the camera returns to normal.

I "think" the second zoom is happening the first time I "bash" Frankenstein during multi-ball. It's a hard factor to track though - LOTS of things are going on during that multi-ball.

Gingerzilla

Jun 17, 2012
Yep I to have been experiencing camera locking, to the upper left hand corner, after Frank I think. Totally bummer, can't wait till you iron this out.
This is the pressure of releasing every month I guess. (delivering an imperfect gaming experience is the future of video games and kind of par for the course because publishers are impatient and consumers are greedy....oh that's me me doh! :)
Still I love Monster Mash and it plays like a dream aside and I have already been chocking up some nice high scores.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'll explain as best I can, the various problems I've seen;

1) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera zooms in on Frankenstein but stays there instead of zooming back out, ball after ball launch onto the playfield and eventually drain as you can't see the flippers, when 1 ball is left the camera returns to its correct position.
2) Frankenstein multiball starts correctly and the camera repositions itself in the correct position but after playing correctly for a while the camera randomly zooms back into Franky and stays there again as above
3) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera moves from Franky to the plunger view, gets stuck there and only gives you control of the left flipper until all bar 1 ball has drained.

Mike, the strange thing is while beta testing the table this problem simply wasn't there, I played hours on it and didn't see the franky cam problem once. On the official release I got the franky cam bug on my first game, and almost every game since. I did actually get the camera stuck at plunger view during multiball bug ( no.3 above ) once during beta testing. Did anything change between the full beta test build ( before you dropped it back to the limited free version beta build ) and the official release?

I've been able to get #2 to happen, I have a solution that should fix #1 and #2, not sure about #3 since I couldn't reproduce it. For now we're disabling the special frankenstein camera until we have a better solution.

I'm not sure if the Frank camera was in the beta?

baronkohinar

May 29, 2012
Yeah, I agree with Kevlar, the time I had number three happen to me was when I was mashing the flippers to cancel the Frank camera at the beginning of Frank multiball. It only seems to happen, though, if you're mashing a lot.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
For now we're disabling the special frankenstein camera until we have a better solution.

That's the solution right there. Seriously don't need that special cam. For that matter, I'm not a fan of the special cam in BoP either. The Bride's face is large enough to see, so no focusing on it is needed, and the close up hides the cool light show that's happening on the rest of the table. Well, cool if the room was dark.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not sure if the Frank camera was in the beta?

And I think that's part of the problem as well. The beta versions should progress until the bugs are worked out, and then the final beta version should be the release of the next full version. That's not what happened here. We had (my naming scheme) version A, then B, then C, but what was released was D, which wasn't tested by the beta testers, and had problems associated with it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Unfortunately I just experienced a bug with 1.1.4 MB, after finishing a game and entering my name the arrows and enter key stayed onscreen, a new game started and the camera locked onto the plunger with the name entry controls still onscreen. I couldn't plunge the ball or leave the game ( the pause button did nothing ) and had to force quit from the taskbar. I'll post a screen grab when I get home.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
So far so good here on iPad 1. I'm using CAM 4 and just scored 634M. Too bad I don't Faceplant (or whatever it's called).
Thx.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've just managed to reproduce the bug I mentioned above, finished a game, entered name then while dracula animation on guitar was playing I pressed the enter button again and the next game started while name entry controls were still there. Had to force quit again.

Here's a screengrab showing the name entry controls on top of a new game;

Last edited:

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
I've just managed to reproduce the bug I mentioned above, finished a game, entered name then while dracula animation on guitar was playing I pressed the enter button again and the next game started while name entry controls were still there. Had to force quit again.

Here's a screengrab showing the name entry controls on top of a new game;

Thank You for the Great Reference!!! Makes the tracking much easier! AWESOME!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.