Version 1.41.x

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Did avast quarantine the exe?

No it did not, it just stopped the game from launching and once done checking the file it just did what I described, even removing files and redownloading did not fix it :(

Bought Season Pack 5, and still it won't launch, it just keeps shutting itself down and relaunching over and over :( It worked fine on W10 before this update, don't get why it does this.

Rebooted Steam and now it does work.

Last edited:

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
It's in there.

Is it? The song sounds weird to me. Not at all how I remember it sounding. The voice samples are also weirdly off. Like they're played back way too low. Can't quite describe what is wrong with the music. Playing at the wrong sample rate maybe? Anybody else noticing some strangeness?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
general illumination is my guess...which tables are emulated is the trick to me.
reading the flyer

Tuning
Flipper Physics 3.0
We're proud to announce that the flipper physics 3.0 enhancement has been expanded to all tables on Steam. You will now be able to Live Catch, Drop Catch, and Tip Pass on every table!

OMG no way did i expect that!!!!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is it? The song sounds weird to me. Not at all how I remember it sounding. The voice samples are also weirdly off. Like they're played back way too low. Can't quite describe what is wrong with the music. Playing at the wrong sample rate maybe? Anybody else noticing some strangeness?

The song sounds weird until you realize it's a synth cover of the original, not the original. "Real" songs didn't get into Pinball until Red & Ted.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What does GI stand for?

General illumination.

This is awesome Mike thanks! Was a total surprise as I had no idea there was a new table coming this soon or that it was one of my most wanted!
I already have the front end scripting done to incorporate it into my cab. So far it all seems to be working great (haven't tested any other tables yet though)/.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
general illumination is my guess...which tables are emulated is the trick to me.
reading the flyer
Tuning
Flipper Physics 3.0
We're proud to announce that the flipper physics 3.0 enhancement has been expanded to all tables on Steam. You will now be able to Live Catch, Drop Catch, and Tip Pass on every table!

OMG no way did i expect that!!!!

i dont' think this actually happened.
I just tried monster bash and CFTBL and both flippers are still doing the full throw no matter how rapidly i tap them.
Theater of Magic is definitely in tho... gonna try the rest of the tables that were tuned and see

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks farsight! Awesome job!
Great newsletter with great news! physics 3.0 on all tables?! Wow.
Keep up the great work.

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
The Fullscreen Bug on DX 11 is still there. How hard is it to fix it after months? On Highspeed II the right Flipper seems to me to shoot too far to the left, the left Flipper looks ok.
Scores and Table Targets are still gone since last month, my Backup of the Highscores-File is not working.
Whats with the new UI, announced for 1 or 2 years? Custom Ball Selection is very confusing...
The rest, good work.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Steam is funny.

In browser or in the main programm, there is no season 5 listed.
The direct links to the two versions of season 5 work, but steam thinks i don't have bought it.
The game remembers that I have bought the season 5 pro pack.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
So I was doing some testing and I think just the tables that were adjusted got the new flipper physics I tried all of them and they all have the newer flippers.
I've gone thru the rest of season 4 and all the others don't and all the ones in season 3 i tried that weren't on the list don't either.

The Getaway is awesome..and like how JackBot has completely replaced Pinbot for me, I think this will replace Highspeed completely.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
The song sounds weird until you realize it's a synth cover of the original, not the original. "Real" songs didn't get into Pinball until Red & Ted.

Oh no, I get that. What I mean is that the music sounds different from what I remember coming out of the actual table. I was wondering if licensing ZZ Top fell through and we got a designer impostor cover version instead.

I captured some video. If this is what it is supposed to sound like, and what the real table sounded like, ignore the ravings of this crazy man ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts