Version 1.55.x

Jay

May 19, 2012
It looks like all of those scripted elements of the HUD, aside from the ROM, has affected all of the tables in DX9 as well. Adding to the Master List.

I thought I had triggered something that made them all vanish. But I couldn't find any way to turn the HUD back on. Glad to hear you're working on it. That's a biggie.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I thought I had triggered something that made them all vanish. But I couldn't find any way to turn the HUD back on. Glad to hear you're working on it. That's a biggie.

Just to clarify to everyone, I'm not a Farsight Studios employee. I'm a user, just like every one of you guys. I just have this spare time to contribute to the bug list I made (as well as the help from other users around the forum). Believe me, I want to see a better Pinball Arcade for everyone.

On point, I agree. This is one of the game-breakers among many others.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Pinball arcade support emailed me back :)
I will post what the solution to my fps issue is when they help me work it out

I dont want to jump the gun but it seems farsight is improving their customer support and issue fixing

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Audio bug:

Loaded DX11, played victory and music works as normal. Exit table and run haunted house, then exit table and run victory again. Music once table starts has gone.

Reproduced this twice now.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Audio bug:

Loaded DX11, played victory and music works as normal. Exit table and run haunted house, then exit table and run victory again. Music once table starts has gone.

Reproduced this twice now.

Excellent work finding the source! Modifying the bug in the Master List with your information.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Pinball arcade support emailed me back :)
I will post what the solution to my fps issue is when they help me work it out

I dont want to jump the gun but it seems farsight is improving their customer support and issue fixing

They have been trying to help, they have sent 8 responses, this last one I got some progress, setting the resolution lower than intended in the games configuration utility makes some tables playable at 60fps but not all, progress but still not working like it used to or should,
Could this be a windows10 update bug? I know of an issue where the sleep settings not doing what they are set to in the latest win10 build. I wouldnt think this is it as Zaccaria and Pro Pinball play great just grasping at straws at this point???

Any ideas how to get the game to play right again given this development?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
After a test of each table, I get the correct gameplay 60fps with the resolution set to 1600x900 in the configuration utility on these tables:
Genie, AFM, BS, MB, Gorgar, EDCoG, CBW, TO, GN, F2K, PinBot, Centaur, Space Shuttle, CP, FP, HS, BK2K, SC, JB, PZ, TXS, FB, ED EM, NF & 8BD

All the other games play at lower than desired fps most at around 30fps

Xenon plays perfect at 60fps until the cam moves to the upper play field despite being set to static cam

If I set the resolution back to 1920x1080 all the tables play at 30fps

DX11
GeForce 940M
Driver version 375.70
Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
7.82 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz

I sent this to support but wanted to leave it here too incase anyone has any ideas how to resolve the issue

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
GeForce 940M ... 1920 x 1080, 60Hz

That 940M is the weak side (light gaming) of the mobile gpu lineup so I'd be surprised if the screen resolution was actually 1080p and not something like 1366 x 768. Could you check under your laptop for a model number?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
That 940M is the weak side (light gaming) of the mobile gpu lineup so I'd be surprised if the screen resolution was actually 1080p and not something like 1366 x 768. Could you check under your laptop for a model number?

I looked it up there is no # on the bottom looks like it is M# 15-an051dx

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=132]Mike Reitmeyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=6358]Brandon Garvin[/MENTION], [MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION], [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Can any of you guys please help me to figure out how to get the game running at 60fps like it should?

GeForce 940M
Driver version 375.70
Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
7.82 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz

Bros please help! I know it might have been one or more of you guys trying to help me through your email support but I dont just want to give up on the game it really is one of my favorite videogames ever! Any idea or suggestion would be great.

This is the thread I posted in about this on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/305510202671811099/

I will gladly provide any pertinent info, I could copy and paste the email correspondence if any one wants to have a look but wont spam up teh forum with it unless it might help or another member wants to see, Im guessing you farsight guys have seen it

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Bros please help! I know it might have been one or more of you guys trying to help me through your email support but I dont just want to give up on the game it really is one of my favorite videogames ever! Any idea or suggestion would be great.

This is the thread I posted in about this on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/305510202671811099/

I will gladly provide any pertinent info, I could copy and paste the email correspondence if any one wants to have a look but wont spam up teh forum with it unless it might help or another member wants to see, Im guessing you farsight guys have seen it

Was the game previously running at a higher fps? If it was, have you recently installed any other software? More specifically, have you updated your graphics drivers recently? If you have you might want to check that your drivers are actually set to use the GeForce chip instead of the i7's integrated GPU. None of the people you mentioned in your post are from support, so we aren't likely to have seen your conversation with support.

I'm not overly familiar with nvidia mobile GPUs, so I'm not sure how much help I can be here, but if the game was running better before then I would certainly like to find out if it was something we changed or something on your end that caused the sudden performance issues.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you for the response Brandon! I will gladly forward you my email chain if you would like to pm me an address.

The game has always run at 60fps and played great on this rig before, I did update drivers so my girl could optimize her game, Sims (ugh) I dont see any way to revert the drivers back on Nvidia. In the Nvidia control panel I have 'use high performance processor' selected for TPA, should I look at a different setting?

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Snorzel, yes, goto nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings, under global settings tab,set preferred graphics processor to high performance Nvidia processor. I dont have the laptop anymore,but if i remember correctly there is a tab under global settings called program settings and you can sellect nvidia card there as well.

Last edited:

John R. Martin

May 11, 2014
Wonder if anyone has seen this bug? On the most recent version, when I first start the game, the 'Thing' lights do not show for Addams Family, and the score screens do not show for 'Big Shot'? I haven't seen anything else on the other tables, but these are what pops out with my copy.

My System Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black 2.8Ghz 3-core
Video: nVidia GTX 430 4gb Ram
RAM: 4gb
Pinball Arcade Vers.: 1.55.10

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Wonder if anyone has seen this bug? On the most recent version, when I first start the game, the 'Thing' lights do not show for Addams Family, and the score screens do not show for 'Big Shot'? I haven't seen anything else on the other tables, but these are what pops out with my copy.

My System Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black 2.8Ghz 3-core
Video: nVidia GTX 430 4gb Ram
RAM: 4gb
Pinball Arcade Vers.: 1.55.10

You must be running on DX9. According to the Steam forums:

This will be fixed in the next release. Appears to be an issue with having post processing turned off (why some people don't see the issue).

John R. Martin

May 11, 2014
Yes, I am running DX9. DX11 seems to run slow on my system, prob due to low-end graphics card and min memory.

Thanks, I hadn't checked the forums on Steam before I posted.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Fishtails DX11. Entering in highscore, select the letter but TPA puts in the letter before the one you selected. If you want to enter AAA you have to select BBB

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.