Vintage Flipper World (Ann Arbor Pinball Museum) 2015 Event

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Just so no one misses this tickets for Vintage Flipper World, in Ann Arbor Michigan, are now on sale for the 2015 event. I cannot stress how fantastic this pinball event was when they launched it last year. But here are some reason why its so fantastic:

- Limited tickets sales = no/very little waiting on machines
- 200+ machines from all eras in about the best condition I've seen at any show
- Rare pinball machines that are all playable (Big Bang Bar, Spirit, Algar, Solar Fire, more)
- An incredibly friendly and attentive staff that will spring in to action to get any machines up and running if they go down

I did a detailed write up for the 2014 VFW Event here, which includes quite a few pictures to give you an idea of what the show has to offer.

Tickets are on sale for the follow dates:

Friday May 15 - $25
Saturday May 16 - $30
Sunday May 17 - $25

Here's the URL to Vintage Flipper World where you can buy tickets. If you have any interest in playing a large selection of pinball tables in fantastic condition, and no waiting to play, this is just the event to attend.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've got to say you folks are absolutely spoilt over there for quality Pinball en masse events like this.

We had one down in New South Wales, and it was a one-off (covered by the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast). I really wish someone would do the same up in Queensland. We're talking a plane ride or a 15hr drive to NSW from Queensland. :(

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
anyone going to this? It would be a 2 hour drive for me, which isn't bad at all. The problem is, getting someone to go along with me. There's no way I'm going by myself. And I don't really know anyone that would care. certainly not someone that would watch me play pinball for hours. There's a small chance I might just go by myself. But even thinking about driving to a new place gives me a mini panic attack. The time to decide is getting close. The tickets might sell out. How often does one get the chance to play some of those rare pins though? And they all have headphone jacks rigged up. Even the dinky Apple headphones would work.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I go to these events by myself all the time. My wife doesnt care about pinball nor friends so I go it alone. It's fine. Everyone at these events are friendly as they're all there for the same reason. VFW is also the best pinball event I've ever attended due to the limited tickets. You don't have to deal with huge crowds and wait on machines to play.

I'm at the Midwest Gaming Classic right now and while there's a great pin selection it's a waiting game on most machines, particularly the popular and latest ones. Little to no waiting At VFW. Plus the pins there are in fantastic condition, whereas most shows the tables run the gambit of upkeep - and for pins that makes a big difference.

So two hours away from one of the best pinball events. Live a little.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Right. I'll be extremely mad at myself if I don't go. Going alone sounds best. People are unreliable anyways. I can do it, I'm a big boy lol. In the past I've driven 16 hours to Colorado before with a friend. And 8 hours to Kentucky by myself. So it doesn't make sense to get freaked out about 2 hours (in the same state!). It's just that I've been a hermit lately. Looking at your pictures from 2014 makes me think that I really have to go! If/when I go it'd be cool to talk about TPA with someone there too. But yeah, thx for tryin to convince me. Maybe all it takes is a little push

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I seem to recall they have a bar there.

Clay also posted a bunch of pics of all his machines http://vfwpinball.com/games.php. A few of these I don't recall being there last year so nice that he's switching it up some. The most noticeable new one is the linked NBA Fastbreaks. Can not wait to try that.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's looking like I'll be going. Haven't bought the tickets yet. If anything it'll be Saturday evening. Talked a friend of mine into going. It's still up in the air. Like I said, if I don't go, I'll be kicking myself. Crawley, it would be cool to meet up with you there. Even just for a minute. People will be in their own little world, but it would be nice to talk a little TPA with someone.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
That sounds good. It'll give me an excuse to finally wear my Planet Money T-Shirt to pick me out. Look for the guy in a grey t-shirt with the squirrel holding a martini glass logo on it. Think it has the Planet Money url on the back if you see me hunched over a pin (very likely!)

I'll be there all day Saturday.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
FYI this is coming up in a week.

Saturday is sold out now. Just Friday/Sunday tickets available.

Also was just reading that they will have Cactus Canyon Continued on hand. This is the p-roc conversion that adds a bunch of content to the original game.

Had a chance to play CCC twice in the past when the guy who created CCC brought his table to shows. The new modes are a blast to play. There's a Cowboy's vs Aliens mode where you're trying to take down one of the saucers from Attack from Mars, a drunk multiball mode where the flippers get switched, plus he added in the Bionic Bart content that was missing from the final release. There's even a few new callouts from the Mayor as the person that created CCC hired the voice actor to record some new lines.

It really feels like a fully fleshed out, finely tuned, and very fun table after the update. Can't wait.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
FYI this is coming up in a week.

Saturday is sold out now. Just Friday/Sunday tickets available.

Also was just reading that they will have Cactus Canyon Continued on hand. This is the p-roc conversion that adds a bunch of content to the original game.

Had a chance to play CCC twice in the past when the guy who created CCC brought his table to shows. The new modes are a blast to play. There's a Cowboy's vs Aliens mode where you're trying to take down one of the saucers from Attack from Mars, a drunk multiball mode where the flippers get switched, plus he added in the Bionic Bart content that was missing from the final release. There's even a few new callouts from the Mayor as the person that created CCC hired the voice actor to record some new lines.

It really feels like a fully fleshed out, finely tuned, and very fun table after the update. Can't wait.

Hey Crawley! I will be coming. I'm not sure how the tickets work. I bought them when I was drunk, so I hope to god they have it entered into their system somewhere. CCC sounds amazing. There are certain other things about the original that seem unfinished. The shot that makes the beer mug fly in the air, there are certain awards from the plunge that say '---- is complete' when it's not even something to be completed. Maybe they were placeholders.

It would be cool to meet up with you there. At least to just guide me to the best machines. If I don't play Big Bang Bar, or Solar Fire while there, then I will have failed at life. I might seem pretty crazy on these forums, but I'm only crazy in the fact that I'm into pinball too much. And I love beer. But the same thing could be said about a lot of these guys around here. I'm a big sucker for the TPA tourneys. And now the ToTM.

Anyways, hope to see you there. I'm going Saturday with a friend of mine. I'll be lookin out for that shirt. I'll be wearing a gray Rock Band shirt. What is it with us guys and gray? Lol

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Didn't see ya there man. I'll post some pics later when I get home

I was there right at 10am. Only left at 12:30 to grab some grub. Left at 8pm and even then didn't want to go but my back was saying otherwise.

There were a bunch of people though. Certainly sold out that day. But only had to wait a few times to play.

Hopefully you found the back room with Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon Contined (where 2 of the 3 games I played resulted in a stuck ball), A bunch of newer Sterns, Varkon and even a working Granny and the Gators this year. That room itself was pretty busy till around 7 or so.

Probably gonna pop in for two hours tomorrow before heading back to Chicago. Must play Af-Tor, Fire!, Laser War, and of course Solar Fire again. Love playing these games I never see at other shows.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Really really fun experience. The people were easy going. All there for the same purpose. My only complaint was that they weren't able to sell beer. It's not the fault of the owners. Something to do with not being able to get a liquor license. But some guy gave me a beer in the parking lot. So it all worked out. Hell, if I'd've known they were cool with that, I'd've BMOB, but here we go...
We figured we'd get some eats beforehand. Didn't even need a cheetah to get there.

I think this was the first one I played. It was screaming my name, and I'd love to see it in TPA someday

Still not as crazy as the sign they had above the pissin' trough in the bathroom. 'Wash balls here' but I didn't get a chance to take a pic cause some other dude walked in, and might've thought it was weird

Maybe the warning sign above the door was for this... Don't hate me guys, but I just wasn't that impressed. And I have nothing against EMs. We were crushing some Hot Shot. Maybe it's just the fact that I wasn't able to start multiball?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I was there right at 10am. Only left at 12:30 to grab some grub. Left at 8pm and even then didn't want to go but my back was saying otherwise.

There were a bunch of people though. Certainly sold out that day. But only had to wait a few times to play.

Hopefully you found the back room with Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon Contined (where 2 of the 3 games I played resulted in a stuck ball), A bunch of newer Sterns, Varkon and even a working Granny and the Gators this year. That room itself was pretty busy till around 7 or so.

Probably gonna pop in for two hours tomorrow before heading back to Chicago. Must play Af-Tor, Fire!, Laser War, and of course Solar Fire again. Love playing these games I never see at other shows.

Here ya go...

I didint get around to Af-tor, but I was really loving Fire! I tried Laser War and Solar Fire too. Both really good pins. After playing F14, and Sorcerer, these are must-haves for TPA! The sounds are amazing, gameplay, art, the whole package

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
A couple of things that made me laugh...

Umm, who invited Beast to play pool? Everyone knows he could pwn!

Also, it must suck to have a screw as an eyeball...

I've got a bunch more, but I'm getting pretty burned out with uploading this stuff. I'll post more later. Just pissed I didn't play Safecracker or the Getaway. There's always next year...
Well one more..

This is another one that I just couldn't get into. But I'm blaming it on the fact that we had been there 7 hours. Don't get me wrong, as soon as we pulled out, I wanted to go right back! But yeah I could take or leave Strange Science.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
url

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts